z

Young Writers Society

Have Story; Need Partner!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:20 am
View Likes
KatGirl says...

Okay-so, I have this idea for a storybook, you live in ancient Egypt, where a queen rules over the throne as pharaoh, clans of people are joining together to overthrow her and put a masked figure on the throne, one who plans to bring disaster to Egypt.
You embark on a quest to stop this figure/live in one of the clans/be a lowly slave, etc. etc.

Does this sound good? If so, could somebody make it with me? a:
meow.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:23 am
haywireimagination says...

Okay, here's my story.
A girl buys an old typewriter (or a paintbrush, you'll get the gist :-P) She goes home and wants to try out the typewriter/paintbrush. So she types a story/paints a picture about/of a scene... and when she reads the story/touches the painting, she gets transported INTO the scene. The title would be a story into a story/painting.

Please tell me if you would like to write with me!
"My Imagination Scares Me, but don't let it scare you." - Me
Spoiler! :
We all die

Spoiler! :
why would you look at a spoiler? You want to know a secret? Pry one from your friend or become a paparazzi :P

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 pm
haywireimagination says...

@KatGirl. Sounds fun and interesting. Maybe I''ll do it. Please give me more information! Is the main character a girl or boy? Is there magic involved? (:P) Okay. :D
"My Imagination Scares Me, but don't let it scare you." - Me
Spoiler! :
We all die

Spoiler! :
why would you look at a spoiler? You want to know a secret? Pry one from your friend or become a paparazzi :P

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:58 pm
Chanta1234 says...

Can someone please help i don't really have a description i mean i just need help I'm new :) :D :o please
~Chanta~

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm
keystrings says...

@haywireimagination
-That sounds really cool!

@Chanta1234
-I can try to help you!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 pm
View Likes
Chanta1234 says...

thanks u can be my partner
~Chanta~

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:12 am
keystrings says...

Okay then!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:33 pm
TheSparringPanther says...

haywireimagination wrote:Okay, here's my story.
A girl buys an old typewriter (or a paintbrush, you'll get the gist :-P) She goes home and wants to try out the typewriter/paintbrush. So she types a story/paints a picture about/of a scene... and when she reads the story/touches the painting, she gets transported INTO the scene. The title would be a story into a story/painting.

Please tell me if you would like to write with me!

@heywireimagination this sounds pretty interesting eh

As for my own plot -

Two stories intertwined. One story is real-time and current: a murder has taken place, and there are suspects. The method of the murder is somewhat weird (-> haven't quite figured that out yet), but the police determines who the suspects are due to the circumstances of the of the crime scene (-> haven't figured this out either). In this story line, the police works to solve the murder, interrogate suspects and we learn about the present day main characters.

The second story, told parallel to the first one (every other chapter, something like that) is told from the viewpoint of the murderer: he describes his actions and such, but doesn't mention any names. You see what conclusions the police reaches, and what actually happened etc. Also, a lot of back story and context is given in here etc. By the end of both stories, everything becomes clear.
"Glory... Lies beyond the horizon!"
— Rider, Fate/Zero

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat May 09, 2015 1:14 am
CorruptedRoseJen says...

Hello to all you peeps. I'm looking for a co-writing partner in crime for a butchering of plot and character development.

I have a faint idea of the plot (I put it up for adoption at NaNoWriMo, but no one took it, so I decided to write it myself :D):

In a parallel world, there is always a child in every generation that is given the power to control everything and anything in the world. Everything and anything. So no doubt, very over-powered right? Yes. Yes it is. However, there is a limiter placed on the child's powers, so that usually the most they can do is heal a broken branch, repair cracked machinery, a little bit of telekinesis, sometimes maybe even float a little, etc.

However, for some reason, this generation's power was given to... twins. Two children now carry the ability to manipulate physical matter. What's even stranger is that the slightly younger of the two only received the capability to control cherry blossom trees (sakura trees), which is something that the older twin lacks. However, the limiter on the strange power was only placed on the younger twin, leaving the older one-- who could control everything except sakura trees-- practically invincible.

The two have never known a father, and have been single-handedly raised by their mother. Unfortunately, she dies of a mysterious cause that even the older twin could not diagnose (despite the fact that her power also allows her to identify different materials). The child began to hate the world-- which she had absolute power over but still failed to save the one she loved the most. She sets out to destroy the surface of the world (only the surface, mind, and everything on it), and invites the younger sibling to go with her. The younger child refuses, and the two twins part in a flurry of sakura petals.

The older child leaves to gather a group of similarly-minded people, who will help her in bringing the entire world down (her power isn't nearly strong enough to just destroy everything immediately). Meanwhile, the younger twin also seeks out individuals that will aid her in stopping her sister.

In time, the younger twin discovers something deep within that drives an ability far stronger than her sisters-- love. Her intense love for this world, for her comrades, and for her sister, gave her enough strength to rival her twin. With a soul radiating with light, she attracts all mannerisms of creatures to her side. She is determined to save the world, and more importantly, her sister.

Meanwhile, both are haunted by dreams of another girl their age that they have never seen before. Every one of these visions are set in a field of blooming, pink sakura blossoms. Besides the girl, there is also a well-dressed young boy whose face they could never seem to see clearly....

Why are they troubled by those dreams? What had happened in the past, to make the power split itself like that? And by the end of this world-wide civil war, who will be left standing...?

This is a short summary of my story. Please reply to/message me if you are interested in helping me write it! :D
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:31 am
Chaser says...

I had this one idea that I never seemed to have time to start:

Nobody could really explain it. Nobody could really understand it. Everyone feared it. But there was no doubting its power.

This is the Gate of Death. Nobody really knew how it got there, it just appeared, and out came the Deathbound.

The Deathbound are, in essence, magical servants. Some are more powerful than others, but most have weak telekinesis and enhanced strength and speed. After they are created in the Gate, they are programmed. Once they have completed their directive, they vanish in an explosion of dark light. They look human, and are modeled after chesspieces (bishops, rooks, knights), the majority of which are pawns.

Humanity was quick to monopolize this phenomenon, setting up the quite-controversial Deathbound Distribution Corporation. They made money selling the Deathbound as an expendable workforce. They were living the dream.

Until that lifestyle ground to a screeching halt. First, there was the creation of the King and Queen Models. Second, the Gate began producing defective Deathbound.

The King and Queen Models were programmed with one single purpose: to exterminate all organic life on the planet. They do this by reprogramming Deathbound to form an army to overthrow humanity.

After producing five defective Deathbound, the Gate collapsed on itself, trapping the Deathbound on Earth. The five defective Deathbound were then left to wander. However, these defectives were not programmed with labor goals; but rather, philosophical and emotional goals. This shift in program origin protected them from the King and Queen's reprogramming.

The creation of these five Deathbound was even more significant for another purpose: the second King Model was among them. The five Deathbound join up with the Human Resistance, fighting back against the Deathbound on a global scale. But can they do it? And even then, what awaits the five Deathbound at the end of the tunnel? Who can say for sure? (That last one's rhetorical, only we know who)

This is the premise of Deathbound: The Infinite Heroes.

...So what say you? Willing to help?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 am
DamienCyfer says...

Anyone could help me? SO I was thinking I would write a story, and this is the idea:

((( Dane has no real memories. Just memories of memories. he has spent all his 18 years of his life seeing only Angels, and God. he was born there, nurtured there, and taught there. Or so his memories of memories say. But he has no idea they're only memories of memories. he knows no better. he is kind, and handsome, but has never met another human. he knows only his God closely. And even then God never reveals more than he wants to him. he believes in God without hesitation, but it is only now, at 18, when he finally gets to see the real world, that he finally hesitates in his beliefs.

Ervendere has memories. she has the capacity to hold real memories. she spent all her previous 18 years of life in Hell. she knew only Him, devils and the cruelest of people. she was not born there. But she knows nothing better than Hell. she doesn't think it is like what other people feel about it. It has been her home, all she has ever known. she serves Him, but doesn't reveal everything. she doesn't believe in the goodness of man. she has no morals, and will play people to her advantage. she is beautiful. But now, at 18, she starts to question his beliefs. Now she gets to see the real world.

Each of them don't know their counterpart, each don't know the others mission. They must kill each other. But something will happen along the way that will obliterate the very foundations of the worlds. They will meet, and so will the ruling spirits. And then good and evil will be tested to the limits. )))

So this story will put into perspective the uncertainty between good and evil. and It will question which one is the better choice, and what defines what each is?
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
—Allen Ginsberg, WD

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:25 am
amberari says...

Hi, everyone, newbie here! I’ve recently got into medieval period TV shows (namely Game of Thrones and The Last Kingdom) and have come up with an idea for a story that I’d like to find a partner to co-write with.

The plot is basically two characters – one male, one female – but their stories are intertwined: both are the last of their bloodlines and heirs to their kingdoms, but have spent most of their lives in hiding after having had their crowns stolen from them by an invading king. Now they’ve come of age they want to take it back, but neither has enough money or men to do so. They decide to join in a marriage alliance and unite against their common enemy, but the journey won’t be easy. There will be lots of betrayal, secrets, political intricacies and death along the way … :wink:

The characters will have very complex personalities, and the plot will be mature rated at times, so if you’re ok with that and this idea appeals to you then please feel free to drop me a pm!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:15 pm
FallWolf says...

@CorruptedRoseJen
I would love to co-author with your story idea! As long as you're okay with my stubbornness and mind that completely loves making up new characters and intricate situations (trust me, if I had to write with myself I might just throw myself out a window) which means I might want to change some things... okay, I'll probably have my own ideas about everything =P But, I will definitely talk about every change I want to do with you. I like brainstorming =P

I've never tried to complete a novel before, mostly because I can't think up a good villain, or just because I don't want to take the magical world out of my mind and trap it on paper. However, it should be much more fun co-op =)

So, if you really want me XD I'll be away in my corner... daydreaming...

-FallWolf

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 am
Omni says...

Hey all~

In order to grant some freshness to this, there's a new topic here!

Thanks all,
Jhinx
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket