z

Young Writers Society

Have Story; Need Partner!

Random avatar

Reviews: 17
Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:02 pm
ZakkuAlpha says...

Well, I have this idea for a story that involves 3 main characters each fighting off the shadow of death, which is in the form of a raven. The entire story would be four mini novels, composed of 3 parts with a prologue. The beta name for it right now is The Black Raven Chronicles but that can be easily changed.
Anyone up for it??

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:31 am
Hotaru-Kun says...

I'd defiantly be up for it Zakk. (:
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm
Threnody says...

I'll elaborate on this more once I find a partner. I had an urge to write one of these... so here.

Two people, (that would be me and someone else,) find themselves with unique powers. (sound familiar?) One can predict the future, the other can see the past. This is set in victorian times when they have, not only their powers to worry about, but they need to uphold their social status and reputation. They meet eachother at a masked ball, both in an awkward sitch and begin to talk, realizing that they have more in common than they think.

They begin to realize that their powers have been bestowed for a reason. Behind the scenes of the bright, prosperous London, people have begun to disappear. One person taken from their bed never seen again, another at a market street who had strayed far from their parents. Though the precognition power doesn't give specific names, they do give cryptic hints. (As well as the past, but you can't avoid not having names.)

I'll tell more to the person who wants to take this up. PM me alright?

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:59 pm
Marquise says...

In our world, there is a Hidden Truth. Since the year 1864, people have mysteriously started to go insane by a phenomenom known as the Unspoken. This insanity has been kept secret from the world in order to stop panic from spreading. The Guilds are an organisation formed in that time to counter those infected with the Unspoken and have erected a base under the city of New York, deep, even under the sewers in an underground city known as Hope. The Guilds are divided, for example the Guild of Courtiers are manipulators, keeping the work of the Unspoken hidden from humanity while the Guild of Stone is tasked with the defense and maintenance of Hope. The people gone mad from the Unspoken are not all gibbering nervous shells, after all all sociopaths and pyromaniacs are forms of insanity caused by the Unspoken too. Those that have kept their intelligence have formed the Tribes, in mockery too the Guilds. The Tribe of Sanity, the biggest tribe, are corrupt and utterly insane sociopaths, who believe carnage and murder is the only way to live, while the Tribe of Horrors, thought long extinct, composed of the things not human is making an appearance again. The story tells of the struggle between the two; the Guild: trying to keep humanity safe, the Unspoken a secret and stopping their own internal war and the Tribes: affected by the Unspoken and bent on the misery of humanity. And then there are two humans who discover the Hidden Truth and are taken in by the guild, being forced to leave their own lives behind...

Well thats it in a nutshell. It's completely open for suggestions, after all its just a rough sketch Wink. The main themes will be betrayal, insanity, corruption, manipulation and secrecy, though again that can change.

Please post here if you're interested in writing this with me or if you have a suggestion. Smile. I'm not limited to just me and someone else writing this, though there doesn't have to be more than two. :)

324 Reviews

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 pm
Threnody says...

That sounds interesting. I'd like to. So yes, if that's still available.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 pm
EiggyPiggy says...

There are hundred’s of social networking sites like Orkut, facebook, Myspace, twitter etc etc. I’m sure you might be having a orignal profile. But DO YOU HAVE ANY FAKE PROFILE?If your answer is ‘Yes’ then its better to delete profile as soon as possible, because you never know what trouble it might bring you. In case you answer is ‘No’ then, think again. Myspace has 253,145,404 user’s, Facebook with 200,000,000 still more and Orkut having maximum number of fake profiles out of 67,000,000 profiles. Do you personally everybody in your profile? Who knows who’s behind the profile? You never knew which profile is real or fake among our friend list. Still we trust them, share them, and talk them without knowing their background.

You are right the theme of story is fake profiles on social networking sites. Basically this is a story of a fake profile. What tragedy happens with him, how he meets her love blah blah blah… Unfortunately, teenagers are the biggest victim on social networking sites and we being teenager must reveal dark side of it.

Are you oging to be part of it? :)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 pm
Claeren says...

Hey, just thought I'd advertise my story a little bit! ^^

:: ((Taken)) ::

Kay, here goes:

A girl named " " loves magical/mythical/legendary things and wishes she could escape her boring life at Atalanta's School Academy for Girls. One day, however, she wakes up in a completely different world to find that she is in the company of an elf, two humans, and a creature she later finds out to be a kender, a small elf-like creature that is endlessly energized and dangerously curious. As she learns more about the world she now lives in and her companions, she slowly discovers that she and her new-found friends are stuck in a plot thicker and more dangerous than anything they could have imagined. A plot that could threaten the new and wonderful world " " now lives in.

** " " is a substitution for the girl's name, which I have yet to decide on. Sorry is that confused any of you. ^^

Hope somone wants to write this with me!

~Claer
Last edited by Claeren on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

<== Hurry and click, before they all die!

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:07 am
October Girl says...

well this is kind of weird and all but here goes nothing.

Well I'm working on this story but I want to see where it would go I'll also be posting my version in Romantic fiction when I get a chance (please don't steal) :)

Well instead of a guy being the vampire the girl gets to be.

A woman is in a pack of vampires who live together in a manor (of course) but they have two masters. A man and woman who don't love each other and they are choosing the woman to marry a vampire she doesn't love also to follow in their footsteps. The woman runs away and bumps into a man into an alley, he's a sweetheart of course and she bites him thus turning him into a vampire.
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:59 am
WhiteTiger93 says...

Alright, so I've been playing with this idea for awhile. I really need someone to write with me (: *pupy dog eyes* Names can be changed if you don't like them. We'll both write about the same person this is happening to. (: PM me for more information and if your interested. (:

Danny can control the weather. She always could. She's lived with her older brother for a very long time. Her parents died a long time ago. Anyway, she was practicing her powers when she thinks she kills her brother. She dosen't really know what happens, but she blames her power. Danny is alone now. She has no one, nothing, and dosen't love or trust anybody.

What she dosen't know is that there are other like her. Others who want to help her and hurt her. Brendan, who says he's her mentor, says she's meant to rid the world of evil. An evil called Heston. While Brendan says this, Heston is telling Danny that they are meant to be. As more hardships and problems come her way, she dosen't know where to go. Who to choose. How can she face more death? The death of her only love? For the man she loves, the evil she must kill, is Heston.

** And the plot thickens (: {{Taken}}**

~Nicole
Last edited by WhiteTiger93 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:34 am
foxfire says...

Here's my story

It will tell of a boy name Kaoru who is determined to find his long lost older sister after the earthquake that killed a quarter of the region's population.

Kaoru was forced to enter a battle-royale tournament for the "entertainment" of the new council. Within the tournament, In there, he meets his lover who begans to become persistent in beginning to start the tournament and at the same time his own sister.

Though, he does not recognizes her becasue she looks very different and as well he does not know his sister is determined to kill him for murdering her parents in which he deny to commit.

for this one...i just want to write a story before his capture to his capture to the tournament and before the start of the tournament.

324 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:33 pm
Threnody says...

If this story is still available, I'd love to write it with you. :D PM me with a response.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:49 pm
moon jumper says...

(Taken)
The Butterfly Effect: As [insert2MCnames] begins high school, she and he wonder whether growing up is the same as they thought earlier.

If you would like to partner with me on either of these stories, please PM me.

I'm looking forward to a response!
MJ

EDITED
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:53 pm
Chupatoasta says...

TAKEN

**Okay, so I've been thinking about this for a while and I really need a fellow writer with it**

America has fallen into the Pre-Civil war times and many families don't know what to do. With the men leaving home left and right to protect their own rights, the women are left with no protection whatsoever. Kingsley Barnes, however, is doing something that nobody would expect from the great great grandson of a once great Revolutionary War commander.

That's right.

He's taking his children, Benjamin and Storm Barnes and moving west. He's running from the coming war. He wishes to have no part in it, and he refuses to let his daughter stay home and 'hold the fort' as she had stated so boldly.

Benjamin Barnes is seventeen, tall and handsome. Every girls dream. Too bad he's heading out west like a scum bag to hide from the war. He doesn't like it at all and thinks its more dangerous with all the murderous indians that the war will be.

Storm is another story. She's sixteen and always looking for adventure. She often gets on her brother's nerves with her constant begging to take her with him where ever he goes so she's not left to do all the chores. Now, however, she's laughing in her brothers face because he has to do all the hard work.

Farther to the northwest, over one hudred miles away from the Barnes' farm that they're leaving behind resides a Native American Sioux tribe. They're very harsh to 'white men' as they refer to people of light skin tone, and don't take kindly to strangers. Their leader is Nahtaka Ptebloka, or Kicking Bull as he's referred to and he's different than other leaders. He allows white men to speak their reason for being in his land before killing them, or letting them go.

Kicking Bull's eldest son, Oiyokpa Tokala, or Dark Fox, is eighteen winters old, and much more vengeful against the white man. He wants no part of them and wishes them all the worst.

What happens when the Barnes family and the Lakota tribe cross paths? What happens when Storm Barnes and Wild Fox become hostile towards each other?

What will happen I wonder?

~~~~~~~~~

Haha, okay, so I really need someone to help me with this that doesn't mind taking on the roll of Dark Fox... :/

Dark Fox (Oiyokpa Tokala)

Storm Barnes
Oh, the tiger will love you. There is no sincerer love than the love of food.
George Bernard Shaw

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:13 pm
Bloo says...

Tiger, I like your idea
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:28 pm
TopsyTurvyGirl says...

Okay, so I want to write a story about these two girls, who fall in love. I've not got the plot all the way set sense I'd like to get all the details se with whoever I'm writing it with, please tell me if you want to write it or not. Thanks!!!!

*CLUCKING INTENSIFIES*
— Snoink