Crystal Quest

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:14 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

*Ohh, nice work. Gives me an idea*

"Rose."

Rose stirred, unwilling to wake up. Surely it could wait another few minutes.

"Rose!" The call was louder now.

She sighed. Obviously not.

"What is it?" Rose opened her eyes to see Jeni standing above her.

"It's Zire," she hissed. "He's gone."

Rose jumped to her feet, suddenly aware of everything around her. Mira was just beginning to wake up, and the creatures of the night were moving. She closed her eyes and listened with hr ears and powers. After resting, even for just a few hours, her powers were sharper. The bump to her head must have been worse then she had first thought.

Water, and lots of it, was below them. Water... and darkness.

"He's alright," she said quietly. "But I don't know how he got there."

Mira stood up. "Got where?"

Rose bit her lip. She'd forgotten that not all mages could sense things. "He's below us. It seems he's found a lake."

"What?" they exclaimed in unison.

She shook her head. "Don't ask how. That's what we're about to find out. Start looking. Use your Crystals if you have to, and Mira, I don't care what you say, we have to find him."

After a few minutes, Rose found collapsed earth. "It looks like he slid down here," she said once they were by her. "Who's first?"

Jeni and Mira looked at each other, then her.

Rose sighed. "Alright. But you had better be right behind me." She put her feet down the hole and slid down the twisting tunnel. If her sense of direction was right, they were backtracking underground. She heard Mira and Jeni behind her, which was reassuring.

She landed with a soft thump, quickly getting up so she wouldn't get hit. Zire was crouching by the water, filling his waterskin. Rose looked behind him and saw the temple. Her jaw dropped.

"Any idea as to what this is?" she asked him.

He shook his head. "I've never heard of this place."

Gasps behind her let Rose know Jeni and Mira had landed safely.

Rose went to the edge of the water and cupped her hands in it. She brought it to her lips and drank. She felt her powers sharpen with every swallow. As a mage of water, she was effected by a lack of it more then most. After a few moments she stopped and looked at the water that was still in her hands.

Fire....

The essence of fire was in the water. Rose estimated where the water kingdom was and walked to that side of the lake. She put her hand in the water, sending her powers into it. A wedge, following the boarders of the water kingdom, glowed. Rose drank from that side of the lake, and felt even more refreshed.

She stood up and looked back at the temple.

"I know what this place is." Everybody turned to look at her. "It's the old palace for the continent, where the element mages ruled together."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:11 am
Firestalker says...

"I thought all these places were destroyed" Said Mira.

"Well it seems that some have survived" I replied.

"So now what?" asked Jeni.

"There could be a crystal in that temple" Commented rose suddenly.

"You could be right" said Mira looking at the temple again.

"Oh i think Rose is right" I said thinking.

"What makes you so sure" snapped Mira.

"Well you see, when the crystal was broken into shards to balance the power of the kingdoms, some of the pieces turned out to be too big to be given to one nation, therefore the head mages decided to give these large pieces to wondering mages who still believed that opposite nations could rule as one. And its more than likely that one of these mages brought their crystals here to keep when they were close to death." I exlained.

"And how do you know all this?" Mira asked suspicously.

"I must have payed attention to my history classes" I snapped then added looking at Mira "Unlike some people"

Mira just ignored me.

"So how do we get to the other side?" asked Jeni.

"With that boat" replied Rose pointing to the boat at the edge of the lake.

We walked towards it and then boarded it. It was small but big enough for all of us to fit into. After making our ways half way towards the temple the boat suddenly started to vibrate, the next instant we were thrown into the air, by a large creature of water and fire.

"We cant stop it!" I shouted as i used my powers to engulf my body and then keep me from falling into the water.

Rose let herself fall into the water, she was more powerful there, as for Jeni she managed to use her powers to keep her and Mira levitating above the creature.

Being Fire and water, we could not stop it, not even Rose, as she could not control fire. *Right?*

"Now what?" I shouted.

"Now we run!" replied Jeni and Mira together.

I looked at Rose for her side of the answer.
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:45 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Rose might not be able to, but Jeni can*

"No!" Rose shouted, propelling herself out of the creature's reach. "Jeni, you can control fire!"

"I can only use one element at a time!" She cried back.

Rose tried to calculate the best thing to do while staying out of the creature's reach. Being the only one in the water, the creature was focusing its attention on her. Dimly she head Zire calling something. She glanced at the shore, and Jeni had deposited Mira there.

"Jeni, get in the water!" Rose shouted, barely avoiding the creature that time.

"What?" She shouted back.

"Just trust me!" Once Jeni was in the water, Rose continued. "Draw on the fire element in the water. That way it won't take so much energy."

Without waiting for an answer, Rose moved them both into the fire territory. It would be risky spending so much time in there for her, but they had no choice.

Rose took Jeni's hand, feeling fire begin to taint her powers. She pushed it away, focusing on water. She lifted her hand and the same time as Jeni, letting water flow out. Fire joined the stream of water, both elements hitting the creature square in the chest. It roared, sinking into the water. Only a blue flame was left in it's wake.

They swam to shore, Rose half-dragging Jeni. Rose felt her own strength ebbing as well, but Jeni was worse off, having used an unfamiliar element.

Once they reached it, Mira dragged Jeni out of the water. Rose stayed in the water, swimming over to the earth kingdom's territory. It wasn't the best place to recuperate for her, but it was better then fire.

Feeling a little better, Rose went to shore. She stretched out, needing to rest after using so much of her power in such a short time. She glanced to the side. Jeni had her eyes closed, either from unconsciousness or exhaustion. Mira was watching over her, keeping a sharp eye on Zire. He ignored them and went to her.

"You're alright?"

Rose nodded and sat up. "A little burned from the fire, but fine." She closed her eyes and leaned back on her hands. "And tired."

He sat down. "We'll rest for a bit to let you both recuperate, and try to figure out how to get across."

"I'll freeze a path across tomorrow. If I do anything more today I'll black out."

"We'll have to watch out for more creatures though."

She nodded. "I'll watch out for them. I didn't expect to see a creature around here."

He shrugged. "Places like this were well guarded. That might have been an element guard."

"Wonderful," she muttered. "That means there might be more inside."

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

141 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 am
Firestalker says...

"To make matters worse there are very powerful mages in there too" I replied.

"How do you know?" asked Rose, her eyes still closed.

"Well to create such a powerful element guardian, one must have created it recently. Which means that they would still b here, creating more guardians as we speak" I replied.

Rose didn't say anything so i went to a dark corner to recuperate the little powers that i had lost. I fell asleep thinking of a less power consuming way to cross the lake.

------------

"Zire" I heard my name being called.

"Zire!" this time more loudly, i payed little attention.

Then suddenly i felt a cold liquid being spilled onto my face. And i woke up with a start, Above me Rose stood, a little annoyed but far from angry.

"Wake up sleepy head" She teased.

I yawned and woke up to see that she had already frozen a path that reached to the island.

"You already made it?" I asked surprised.

"It was easy with all the water energy around me" Rose said, pointing at the lake.

I understood what she meant by it.

We started our walk a few minutes afterward, and in yet another few minutes, we managed to cross the lake halfway, but like before another creature erupted from out of the water, but this time we decided to run, at least until we reached the other edge of the lake.

As we ran towards the edge, yet another and another of the creatures appeared and instantly started to follow us, luckily although they were big and powerful they were quit slow, so we had a chance of getting to the temple first.

If we were lucky we could find the creatures creator and destroy him, before he destroyed us.
--

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:44 pm
Rosendorn says...

Rose let the ice melt into the water, feeling some strength return.

"Where to?" Jeni asked. She had recovered quickly, once she had dried off.

Rose put her hand on the earth, sending her powers out. Such a powerful mage should be easy to detect, but it was still easier to send powers through her hands.

"Uh oh," she gulped. "We might be in trouble."

"You can sense the other mages?" Mira asked.

Rose nodded. "Yes, he's at the center of the temple."

"Just one?" Jeni squeaked. "For all this?"

"There must be something else," Mira muttered. "Nobody's that powerful."

"I never finished," Rose said coldly. "He's become the elements."

"What?" Zire, Mira and Jeni said in unison.

Rose shook her head. "I've thought Universals were just in stories myself, but he's right here."

Mira sat down. "So, we're dead either way. If we go see him, he'll kill us, and if we run, the creatures will kill us."

Rose glanced at the lake surrounding them. Dark shadows were visible under the surface, more so then before.

"Do you think we could take him?" Jeni asked.

Zire shook his head. "It would take ten masters to even match his power. Only four wouldn't stand a chance."

"Would we even need to take him?" Rose asked, thinking aloud. "What if we told him what we were doing, and asked that he let us use his crystal shards?"

Mira snorted. "That would never work. Besides, you and Jeni killed one of his 'pets'."

"Do you have a better idea?" Zire snapped back.

Mira shook her head. As did Jeni.

Rose took a deep breath. "We'll use my idea then."

141 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:53 pm
Firestalker says...

*Honestly this was exactly what i hoped for you to post, guess we think alike Nya!*

"I agree" I replied as i walked into the temple looking around.

The temple was exactly how most of the other temples looked like accept that there were many pictures carved intricately into the crystal or granite walls, pictures of all of the kingdoms in different time beings, in peace, war, neutral times. Mostly carvings of of peace though.

We walked through the halls as we searched for anyone who could be in this temple.

It was silent and it looked as if though no one had lived in the temple for years, which wasn't a surprise if we didn't sense a life form near us.

Then suddenly as we entered the main room of the temple A huge hand made up of fiery water caught us and started to tighten its grip on us. Although the hand was made of water it was almost hot enough to burn us.

"Who are you to come here and kill my friends?" a voice boomed, almost load enough to make our ears bleed.

We struggled to get out of the iron grip that held us together and helpless, but the stronger we struggled the tighter the grip became.

"We... the crystal... we thought..." Rose struggled to say.

The grip loosened itself around us letting us breath and talk without much pain and effort.

"We came her in search for the Crystal that was broken centuries ago, we are trying to unite it once again." Explained Rose as we stayed silent.

We knew that she was better at convincing and explaining things to others.

"Ahh yes, so that's why many Mages came here trying to get into this sacred temple " The voice paused, its tone was much more kinder this time "Up to now you are the only mages to walk in these halls in a few centuries."

"So can you give it to us the crystal?" Mira blurted out.

The grip tightened suddenly "No!" The voice boomed again, angrily "Why should i let you unite the crystal for you nation to gain eternal power?"

"We... aren't... eternal... power... different... nation..." I finally tried to say as i could see that Rose was too tightly held to speak.

"But wait" The voice said again, it seemed not to have heard me "You mages, are from different kingdoms, hahaha, this is the first time i have ever seen a Darkness mage travel with a Life mage"

The voice started to laugh and in the process it let us go.

"Does this mean that the kingdoms have finally united and are looking for the crystal to grant everlasting peace?" The voice asked happily.

We paused unable to say anything. It was Rose, as usual who spoke.

"I'm afraid not, we are the only... united mages in the world as far as we know, all the other mages are trying to find the crystal for their own nations" She explained "we are the only mages who managed to see through the trickery and unite for a better cause, we are trying to unite the Crystal shards to make sure all the kingdoms unite, once and for all" Rose ended her speech.

There was no answer from the voice, then suddenly a man, much older than anyone i had ever seen materialized out of the marble floor.

He was like the element guards we had encountered before, half made of liquid fire and the other half made of water. It was impossible, no one could control the Yin and Yang, the opposite elements at one time, much less merge with two opposite elements.

"I know its strange and unbelievable to see someone like this, not only have i mastered the elements i have been born with, i have also mastered the opposite element, yes it is impossible to a certain extent, your whole body works against the element at first, but then finally if you practice and don't give up and also believe in equality, one can achieve this ultimate goal." explained the man.

His voice sounded like silk, it drew my mind as if it was a magnet.

"Your crystal is here, but i ask you to give me all the shard you have, i have something to show you that you will either like or hate." The man said pulling out a large crystal shard out of his element body.

I nodded at Rose when she hesitated, looked at Mira and Jeni who shrugged and then looked at me for an answer. Rose walked towards the man and handed over all the crystal shards in the bag she carried.

The moment the man touched the shards, they disappeared into him and then reappeared out of his chest. The crystal shards started to glow including the large shard, the shards gradually enclosed on each other as if moving on themselves and merged together.

"Now your task of merging the crystals will be much easier" he looked at me and then added "You understand don't you?

I nodded silently, i knew what he meant, but i had thought that there was another way, so i just kept my mouth shut when Rose asked me what he had meant.

*Okay?*

**By the way, we should really re consider this list -

Fire = Nature, Earth, Wind
Water/ice = Air, Nature, Earth
Air/wind = Water, Fire, Nature
Space = Air, Light, Dark
Death = Life, Dark, Space
Life = Water, Light, Space
Light = Dark, Life, Space
Dark = Light, Death, Space
Nature = Earth, Space, Life
Earth = Life, Nature, Fire

Re consider it so that the element cannot control the opposite elements or elements close to the opposites. That way the story will be more realistic.**

***By the way again, is it okay if i introduce a new villain into the story?***
--

1272 Reviews

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:59 pm
Rosendorn says...

Rose listened to the explanation and nodded when the man had finished. It made sense.

"How do we get back to the surface?" Jeni asked.

The man gave Rose the much larger crystal. "On the other side of the lake there are stairs that lead to the surface. You can take them."

"One more thing," Rose said, putting the Crystal in her packs. "Will we all be able to draw on the Crystal's power now that it's been merged?"

He nodded. "It will be more powerful now, since the shards are together."

Mira glanced towards the entrance. "How do we get to the other side of the lake?"

"My friends will take you."

They thanked the man before crossing the lake on the backs of the creatures. Rose found it interesting how they had just killed one yesterday, and were now getting a ride from them.

Just as the man had said there was a set of stairs cut into the rock. Rose guessed that there had been other stairwells leading to the other kingdoms, but they had been filled in long ago.

The top was blocked by earth.

"How do we get past that?" Jeni asked.

Rose wove her way to the front of the collum. Zire had taken the lead since he saw best in the dim light.

She shifted her packs and put her hands on the earth. "I've got Earth powers, remember? But this is five feet thick." She bit her lip. "Just be ready to catch me if I pass out."

Not waiting for their responses Rose began moving the earth. Some she was able to push into the surrounding aria, but most she had to push strait out. Slowly, then quickly, the earth became less. Finally they reached the surface.

Once everybody was outside Rose closed the tunnel back in again, having tree roots grow over the aria so they would know where it was. That finished, she dropped to her knees, almost unconscious. Jeni went through her packs and gave Rose her water flask.

"Thanks" Rose gasped, taking a good swallow.

"Where are we?" Mira asked, rubbing her shoulders. "Wherever it is, I don't like it."

"Death," Zire said plainly. "We're in the Kingdom of Death."

*Go nuts. And let me know if you want that last line gone.*

141 Reviews

Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:07 am
Firestalker says...

Mira froze where she was.

"Yes, that's right, of all the kingdoms we could have ended up in it had to be here" I repeated.

I looked around just to be sure and my doubts were confirmed when i saw the ground. The ground was marked around us with large black spots, about the size od a normal human's head. The marks were so close together that not even a small baby could lie on the ground without touching one of them.

"Don't worry Mira, let them come, we can take them on any day" Reassured Jeni.

I looked at Rose, from her face i knew that she too knew the truth.

"I'm afraid its not that easy. You see, Death is a very special element, those who can control it have to kill some one at the age of five to get into school. In the Head mage selections everyone who loses are killed in the matches, those who wish to leave their opponent alive, however much close he or she is to the winner, then both the loser and winner are sentenced to death, or used for mark practice. They guard their secrets jealously, If there are ten people from the Darkness and Space kingdoms each who have mastered or decided to learn Death, only two of Darkness and one of Space will succeed the exam to start learning Death" I explained then added "They guard their secrets so jealously, the only reason i know this is because I am from the Darkness kingdom and have learned a certain amount of death, only to turn back."

I stopped and could see that all three of them were clearly scared or horrified.

"So why did you turn back?" Jeni asked a last "If you had learned Death then we would have some kind of protection from these mages"

I smiled "I turned back because i learned the darkest secret of the Death kingdom.

"And that would be?" Asked Rose curiously.

"You see these black marks on the ground" I pointed at the ground, and they nodded "There are marks like this every where in the kingdom, some closer than others. Does any of you know what they mean?"

They shook their heads preparing for the worst.

"Under each of these marks are fifty dead bodies, most from kingdoms like Light and Life, but there are many from the Kingdom of Death and Darkness too. Them,mages here revive the dead and then kill the living people again and again, that's why the saying goes 'One cannot escape if one follows he path of the dead', if we die here, we'll live on to die a thousand deaths" I explained grimly then added "And that's only half of the story"
--

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Rose felt sick. No wonder it had been so hard to push through the earth. There had been bodies buried under the ground.

"I'm scared to ask for the other half," she muttered. Jeni and Mira nodded in agreement.

Rose ground her teeth. "But, I know we should hear it."

Zire nodded. "The head mages here, if they have killed enough on their tasks, are simply set free. Unlike other kingdoms where head mages often go through the competitions more then once, Death mages can only go through once. Often, somebody new has come along and will defeat them if they try to enter again. The good ones are simply allowed to roam the land."

"How will we get them to help us then?" Mira asked, still chilled from the explanation.

"Zire, you'll have to talk to them," Rose said, taking another mouthful of water. "Water is tied too closely to Life for them to trust me."

He nodded hesitantly, understanding it needed to be done.

"Are there any shards around?" Jeni asked, keeping an eye on the surrounding hills.

Rose reached for the power of her claw and the Crystal, stretching her powers out to the limit, almost covering the Death kingdom. Her vision came dangerously close to back, and she had to pull her powers back.

"Well?" Mira asked, more weary then Jeni. "Did you find any?"

Rose nodded. "They're close to the boarder. And if these temples are like the others, they'll have passageways."

"Which might be crawling with Death mages." Mira muttered.

Zire surveyed the surrounding aria. "I'll be more powerful in the passageways. And it's safer then staying out here."

Rose nodded, putting the flask in her packs. "I agree. Let's just get to the boarder and get out of here... before we run into anybody."

141 Reviews

Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm
Firestalker says...

"Yes, but we do have to get to a temple first to get into one of the tunnels" I said.

We all knew this therefore without wasting more time we started walking.

Each of us other than me tried their best to avoid the graves. i knew it was useless as the graves here were too close to each other.

Mira was restless looking around from time to time as if afraid of something.

It was after i sensed something move underground did i realize what was happening.

"Everyone stop moving" I said.

They did and so did I.

"Mira" I said "If you feel anything strange then tell us, being a Life mage you can sense a Death mages magic from far away, unlike us"

She nodded and then we resumes walking.

I could feel the bodies under us awakening, which was when Mira cried out and fainted.

I knew that my senses were right. A Death mage was nearby, his magic was too powerful for Mira to withstand it seemed. Normally Mira would be the ideal person to fight a Death mage apart from me, but in this place it was much harder for her to even survive. I was surprised she could walk over the graves without vomiting blood, side effects, a Life mage has in Deaths territory.

I looked around hurriedly, where was he? Why couldn't i sense him? He must have a crystal shard to avoid our detection. Then suddenly the ground erupted below us sending us pummeling down into one of the crypts. I smiled as i fell, the Death mage may have been strong but he seemed to have not sensed me among the rest, he didn't know he was up against a Darkness mage without any effects of the surrounding unlike the rest.

Unluckily for us the first things we met were reanimated corpses that wanted nothing to do than kill and rip us apart.
--

1272 Reviews

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 pm
Rosendorn says...

*You really are prince of death....*

Water, Nature, Earth, Air.... all were connected to Life in one way or another. Rose felt all of her powers dimmed from the Death around them. Mira was the worst off, still unconscious from the magic. Jeni wasn't much better; her powers were also connected to Life and she was connected to Mira through blood. Zire wasn't effected at all, and Rose found she could draw on the Crystal to keep her powers up.

Rose found herself on one side of Mira, guarding her and Jeni from the hordes surrounding them. "How in the world are we going to stop them? They can't die!"

Zire was standing with his back to her, facing equal numbers of undead. "Trap them any way you can. I'll deal with them dieing."

Rose ignored the reminder he was also a Death mage and forced roots and thorny vines to break through the floor. Being underground was an advantage for her at least; the moisture in the air kept her from blacking out. But still, her timing was off, and each spell took a little more energy then normal to cast.

Rose had forgotten about the claw at her hip. It blazed to life, sending Life power through her. The Crystal responded, doubling the power. She reversed the effects of the Death mage, satisfied at seeing the undead around them stop moving. Rose felt a cloak go over the bodies, preventing the Death mage from working his magic on them.

Suddenly her knees buckled. It had taken too much strength to use an element she had never used before. Especially on such a scale. The water in the air wasn't enough. Shrinking the roots back to normal sized only gave her a small amount of strength. Her mind needed time to recover. And the only way it could, was by shutting down.

141 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am
Firestalker says...

*I am? :D Why by the way?*

I saw Rose freezing or more likely recovering her strength. The next wave of the reanimated were upon and and i couldn't sense the Death mage. All i could do was watch my friends die... or maybe not, i could revert but that would take a lot of my strength and it would almost drive me insane. Was it worth the risk?

I saw the reanimated brake the shield, i was safe in the air, levitating in the Darkness, but they were not.

It's worth it
i decided and bit my index finger.

Drawing a circle in the darkness looked like i was drawing in the air to one not of the Darkness kingdom. Once the circle was drawn i started murmuring a small spell or technically a string of words used to make the mind settled. Once the spell was done and my mind settled i took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

"*Revertation, Death!" I commanded.

The next instant my heart beat increased and the the blood in my body stopped moving. I smiled evilly. I could smell everything dead. I slowly lowered myself into the reanimated. They stopped attacking the powerless filth and walked towards me, my eyes had turned completely black and the nails on my hands had grown thicker and longer, much longer, like claws. It took me a second, maybe less to destroy everything around me that moved. The next second, i was next to the mage.

"Nice show don't you think?" I hissed.

The Death mage started to sweat in fear, he tried to use his powers but i was faster. With a wave of my hands the Mage was trapped in a hand of Darkness, slowly crushing him.

"Your... using the..." Stammered the mage.

"One of the forbiddens? Surprised?" I asked menacingly.

"Your a monster" The mage hissed.

"Monster? What a nice name" I grinned laughing.

The next minute my hand found its way to the mages neck, the hand of Darkness let go of the mage, now swinging from his neck gripped by my hand.

"You are pathetic" I said and used my free hand to hit him in his chest, resulting in my hand emerging from the other side of his chest "Pathetic and weak" I removed my hand and then threw his body away.

I wanted more power, i could get it from the weaklings maybe. I jumped towards them and then walked to them. They certainly had power inside them, it would only take a few deaths to get their power. I reached towards them but then i stopped, The girl in the middle, she seemed familiar, an accomplice? a slave? an enemy? no... she was my friend. Friend? who's friend? Mine? Who was I? I was... Zire. My head was overflown with memories and i fainted, returning to my normal self.

*Reversion is a special technique forbidden to the Death mages because it contains an almost unlimited amount of energy, it also drives the mage mad and power hungry. The technique is known by only a handful of Death mages, and they can control it. Zire will never use this technique again in any battle, so we don't have to worry :P also this is another reason he quit learning Death, because for some reason when he started learning it, he found that he was becoming more powerful and also power hungry, something he did not want to be like*

*Of course if you think this is too... umm, well if you don't want this to be here, then I'll change it.*
--

1272 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

**Points to post above* I think that sums it up. As for the post in itself, I'm fine with it.*

"Are you sure they're okay?" Rose heard Jeni's voice pierce through the darkness around her.

"I don't know. Rose won't revive, and neither will Zire." Mira, strangely, sounded worried for both of them.

Rose found the energy to stir. Never had she used to much power. Not even in the tournaments had she done so much.

She coughed from water still in her throat. Jeni and Mira helped her sit up until Rose's coughing subsided.

"Zire's fainted?" she gasped between coughs. "How?"

"We don't know," they said in unison.

Rose rubbed her forehead. "He probably saved our lives, and whatever he did drained his strength." She forced herself to go to him, ignoring her body's protests at moving. She would need to rest soon, but for now they had to get to safety.

The blood on his hand showed he had killed the death mage, somehow. Rose didn't want to find out what Zire had done to get blood and cartilage up to his elbow. The only thing she could guess was he had punched the mage through the chest. Rose shuddered and used her quickly recovering powers to wash the blood off his arm.

It was still a few minutes before he stirred and opened his eyes. "Rose? You're alright?"

She nodded weakly. "We all are. What did you do, anyways?"

He sat up. "Something I will never do again."

Rose knew not to ask for details. If he didn't give them willingly, he would never say them.

"Can we get out of here now?" Mira asked, still tense.

Rose dragged herself to her feet. "The Temple shouldn't be far. We're underground already. Zire? Did the mage have a shard?"

He stood up and looked down one of the tunnels. "I'll have to check. Mira, it's best you stay away."

Mira nodded gratefully. "Can we start then?"

They walked down the tunnels, Zire went down a side-path and returned with two shards. "Was that all of them?"

Rose hesitantly reached for her powers, but by now she had recovered she didn't need to worry. The shards in Zire's hand resonated strongly with her powers, and she couldn't sense anymore in the Death kingdom. The boarders here were too well defined for her to go past them.

"That was it," she sighed. "We can skip over the temple here and head right to the next kingdom."

Jeni shivered. "Let's hurry, before we run into one of those free mages."

They nodded in agreement and went down the tunnel. Rose couldn't help but worry though. If only the most powerful death mages could be released from service, how would they be able to stand them?

141 Reviews

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:20 am
Firestalker says...

Zire

I was horrified, why had i done it? I had sworn several times before that i would not do it, but I had and that resulted in many problems and bloodshed. Not that it mattered in the Death kingdom.

When i had gone to check on the mages body, to be sure that it was not a dream and to get the shards, i had been horrified at the way I had killed him.

I sighed as i walked behind the rest. I couldn't say if they sensed my distress but i knew that they had noticed my strange behavior.

You could have killed them, what were you thinking?

I sighed, they were lucky, luckier than many i had killed using Reversion.

I sighed again, which was also when i tripped on a rock that hadn't seen before.

"Okay Zire, whats wrong with you?" Asked Rose walking up to me.

"Nothing" I said shrugging.

I could see that they were not convinced.

"Trust my, nothing's wrong" I said standing.

They were unconvinced but they knew that there was nothing they could do about it.

----------------------------------

**** (Need to think of a name)

"He has been killed, our last mage" His majesty said.

"And you want me to take his place?" I asked.

His majesty nodded.

"Whats is it for me?" I asked.

"We will pay you and if that if i remember correct you have a score to settle with this... rogue mage" He said.

"Oh i do? I asked smiling "And who may this mage be?"

"His name, his name is none other than... Zire" His majesty said.

"Ahh, really, And all i have to do is bring their heads here in return for the reward and my revenge" I asked.

He nodded.

"Very well, i will complete this mission in less than a month. And for additional proof I'll bring you their hearts, hows that?" I asked smiling.

"Very well" His majesty said, i could tell that he was scared, scared of me.
--

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:48 pm
Rosendorn says...

*How 'bout Tobar for the second mage?*

Rose searched her memory. There had to be some reason for Zire to act like this....

The forbiddens. Five commands that death mages could call upon to release power. Zire must have used one of them to save their lives. Those who could not control it were doomed to a life of insanity. Unless something snapped them out of it.

Rose looked back at him; he was watching his movements now, making sure he didn't appear.... horrified? Rose didn't doubt her senses. The technique he had used horrified him.

They continued to walk until they reached the boarder. Travel underground was faster then above ground. Also, as they had neared the temple the crypts had gotten farther apart, making things easier on almost all of them.

The boarder was almost glowing it was so well defined. Mira picked up her pace, eager to get out of death. Rose figured that with the way the kingdoms were, Space would have a smaller teritory between death and the next kingdom. She bit her lip at the realization of what the kingdom after Space was. Fire. Once they had passed through Space, it would be an interesting journey until they reached Earth kingdom. At least, for now, they had to find all the crystals in Space kingdom.

Once they had all crossed, Zire gave Rose a shard without her asking. She tried to find other Crystals, and was shocked by the results.

"What is it?" Mira asked.

Rose put the shard in her packs. "Almost every temple here has a shard."

Jeni's jaw dropped. "What?"

"How many are there?" Zire asked.

Rose did a quick sweep of the land. "Ten. And they're well guarded."

Mira sighed. "This might take us awhile...."

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues