Young Writers Society

Crimson Passion

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

Here are the main characters!

Ettabell Black:

Appearance(Whispers character): Straight black hair that goes down to lower back, pale skin, light blue eyes, blind, 5'10, skinny

Shaun Ryans:

Appearance(TNC's Character): Brown shaggy hair, green eyes, pale skin, 6'3, also skinny but well muscled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ettabell Black~

I sat underneath my tree. Life always lead me to it. He loved to pee in the soft grass around it. I heard the thunder.

"Life, sounds like a storm is rolling in," I said. I pulled out my drawing book. Life barked and ran to me. He lied his large body next to me. He placed his head on my thigh. I petted the German Shepard. Then I heard Shaun.

"Ettabell! Ettabell!" he screamed. I stood, tipping the notebook face down on the ground. I faced the way that I heard Shaun's scream.

"Here I am," I yelled back. I felt a shiver go down my spine as he stood behind me.

"I know," Shaun replied. I heard him pick up my notebook and pen. Life stirred and ran back out into the field, what I imagined it was.

"You really shouldn't be out here. Didn't you here that storm?" Shaun asked. I felt around the tree. I felt for the big root that signed the way towards home.

"I did. That doesn't mean that I can't stay out here. It's just a little water," I said a smile spreading across my face.

"Life," I called. I heard his acknowledging bark. He was soon by my side, dropping his leash at my feet. I crouched to pick it up and held out my hand. Life came under it making sure that the loop was in my grasp. I attached the hook to him and stood again. Shaun was awfully quiet. Life started slowly making sure that I felt the way the leash would turn as he did.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I asked Shaun.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:17 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

***Man it took me a while to figure out what Life was :P, Perfect pick for the guy. Oh and is he a vamp yet?***

Shaun watched her walk and then moved closer to her putting his arm around her shoulder and shrugging. "Life, and not the dog." He joked. "But it isn't safe out here with a storm even if it is just rain, that tree could get hit by lightening or something."

"It won't." She replied confidentually. He laughed and shook his head. He knew she would be able to feel his movements with his arm around her shoulders. She was good at that.

"Your impossible, you know that, your never afraid of anything." He replied smiling as they walked. He felt a few drops of rain hit his head and he looked up as the rain started faster. He scooped her up and unclipped Life in the same movement. "Don't want your drawings getting messed up." he said as he took off towards her house at a full run. They didn't make it to the house though, there was a small gazebo next to her house and he ran to it getting under the gazebo before the worst of the storm hit. He set Ettabell down and sat next to her as Life laid at their feet. He leaned against the wall, this gazebo was different it was made of glass walls so that they could sit out while it was raining. He picked up her drawing pad from her lap and flipped through it. He oculd never figure out how she could draw things so much like they really were and have never seen them.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:35 pm
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

I heard Shaun flip through the pages. I looked at where I heard the noise. I smiled at him and he saw me.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied. We stayed in there for another thirty minutes and I felt Life's soft breathing. He was asleep. I looked back to where Shaun was now writing something. He put the notebook in my lap.

"Try to figure out what that is," he said. I sensed a smile. I picked up the notebook. I turned it over to where he had drawn something. I ran my hand across it. It was drawn deep. He wanted to make sure I could feel it. I felt it alright. And it was beautiful.

"It's a butterfly fluttering around a tree," I said. I felt around some more. I felt little specks all over the page.

"And it's raining," I said smiling. Shaun was now sitting beside me.

"How do you do that?" he asked. I smiled.

"I don't know. You don't have to see to see detail," I said smiling. I knew he was confused. I heard the thunder start to roll off into the distance. I looked back at Shaun now pacing in front of me. He was so quiet.

"It's raining," I said. I heard him start to laugh.

"Good job," he said sarcastically.

"Let's dance," I whispered. I felt his pacing stop. I sensed him turn to me.

"What?" Shaun asked.

"It's raining. Let's dance," I repeated. I felt him sit next to me.

"You'll catch a cold," Shaun replied.

"No I won't. Please. It's for a drawing. I have an idea and I need to experience it before I can draw or paint it," I said pouting my lower lip. I felt the bench lighten as he stood. I placed my hand out as his had just reached for it.

"Sometimes, I think that you can see," Shaun said opening the door to the soft drizzle. I felt the drops sting my face as I walked out into the opening. I spinned around then stopped. I waited for Shaun to find me. All I could hear right now was the rain. Then I realized that he was testing me senses again. I heard him whisper.

"Find me," Shaun said. I blocked out all other sound, the rain, the whistling wind, the gazebo door closing, all of it. Gone. I heard his feet shuffle in the grass. I felt his movement vibrate through my body. I felt the tingle of the rain run down my face. I turned to grab him and succeeded.

"Okay. You got me. I believe I owe you a dance," Shaun said. I curtsied and reached out for his hand. He took it and we basically skipped to the music that we couldn't hear, but we could.

110 Reviews

Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:06 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun held her close as he danced with her careful to make sure he stayed on level ground so she wouldn't have to worry about her footing. He let the rain fall on his face as he studied her's. It was so beautiful, so perfect, and the smell of her blood mixed with teh rain was so enticing. He had had practice though, he wouldn't ever harm her. When he had first become a vampire not but a year ago he had almost killed her while she was asleep, but not now, ow he had the control around her that he didn't with some other people. It was like when he was around her he couldn't think about the smell or anything else except her. He had grown up with her and then a year ago while he had gone for a morning run he'd been attacked. He'd gone missing for a few days while he changed and then fought it all. But the vampire that changed him disappeared without so much as a hello your now a vampire. He had to figure it out all on his own. He had found out that he could feed on animals and that quickly changed the color of his eyes. It wasn't long until another vampire found him and explained everything giving him advice. When he'd come home he'd made sure that he could spend as much time with Ettabell as he could.

The rain stopped, but he didn't want to. He looked down over her face smiling softly at the pure innocence there. "It stopped raining." He said softly.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:42 pm
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

"I know," I replied. I clutched his shirt. It was soaked. I figured that my sundress was soaked also.
I called for Life and he came barking. I thought about what he could of looked like half the time. Him running, his tongue hanging out, his ears twitching to every little sound. So beautiful. Life dropped the leash at my feet again and I crouched and held out my hand. He brushed his collar under my hand making sure that I could feel the loop. I hooked the leash on and stood again.

"To the house," I said. I was familiar with this path. I was ready for the challenge. Life wited a few seconds before charging through the dirt. I followed, my bare feet cringing at the little rocks that pinched them. I heard Shaun behind me.

"What are you doing! You'll get hurt!" he screamed. I laughed.

"No I won't!" I screamed back. It wasn't but a minute and Shaun was beside me, running without pausing for breath. I smiled as the wind rushed through my hair. We came to the grass mound. I fell face first into the soft grass. I breathed in the scent of it. It smelled so good. I reached out for my notebook and pen. Shaun handed it to me. It was a quick sketch and would need some work but it was beautiful. I handed it to Shaun.

It was a picture of a girl running like I was, embracing the wind. Her hair winded itself around her face.

"Do you like it?" I asked Shaun still trying to catch my breath. Shaun put his arm around me and I felt his nod.

"It's beautiful," Shaun said. I felt Life stir and stand. He started barking wildly. I figured that it was a rabbit hidden in the grass. I un hooked Life's leash and he took off almost immediately. I smiled and layed down in the grass, wrapping my hands around my head. I have been blind forever. I don't remember the slightest thing about my look. I only remember the pain of the glass cutting through my eye.

"Hey, Shaun?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"What color is my hair?" I questioned him looking into the darkness I was trapped in.

"Black. And you eyes, they are blue. The color of the sky," Shaun answered. I smiled at him.

"What about you?" I asked him.

"My hair is brown and shaggy. My eyes....you tell me," Shaun said. I couldn't believe that he had just said that. I couldn't see and he was testing my vision. Then the darkness of my eyes flashed a quick color of green.

"M, green?" I asked. I sensed his mouth gape open. I smiled. I had gotten it right.

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:09 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun finally shook his head and smiled. "Right, are you sure your blind?"

"Oh ya, everything is black right now, I'm pretty sure that meas that I am blind." She replied with a laugh. He touched her forhead and she closed her eyes. He ran his thumb over her eyelids and then pulled back laying next to her.

"How do you draw such amazing pictures?" He asked brushing her hair. He looked up at the sky as he brushed her hair softly from old habit. "How is it possible that you can make everything seem like it really is? I mean you haven't seen anything in ages yet everything that you can't possibly have seen is just like it is in real life but on your paper."
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:47 pm
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

"Because I'm magic," I whispered. We both laughed at this.

"Honestly Shaun, I don't know. My imagination is huge. You can tell me to draw a star and it will look more detailed than it does when you can see it. I just-I don't know," I said. His hand was still brushing my hair. I rolled over and placed my head on his chest. It was so hard, but so soft. Life must of seen us and got jealous because he marched right over to us and clawed his way between us.

"Life!" I said. I smacked his fur softly and he jumped a little. After a few minutes I sat up and wrapped my hands around my knees. I stared into the darkness. I didn't know what to do so I put a picture in my mind that transferred to my eyes. It was one of a baby. It was so little and delicate. I felt Shaun's hand on my back.

"We should head to your house. Your aunt might be worried," he said. I nodded and stood up. I called for Life and we did the leash thing again. He lead me carefully down the hill and Shaun had his arm around my shoulders. It was so heavy it weighed me down. He lightened it up and I was able to stand straight again. I smiled as Life barked symboling that we were at my house. I smelled dinner cooking in the little house. Life rubbed his head against my leg and I unclipped his leash. I heard him take off right after I let him go.

"Is the sun setting?" I asked Shaun. I felt his head turn to the horizon.

"Yes. I wish that you could see it," he said. He kissed my forehead and said bye as I said it to him. He left and I turned.

"So do I, Shaun," I said sighing. I called for Life and he walked by my legs making sure that his tail brushed against my legs telling me that he was there. I entered the main room and smelled the delicous food.

"Aunt Luarie?" I called.

"Yes dear?" She replied. I plunked my self on the floor and layed down. I was so happy I was home but so sad that I was alone. I felt Life's rough tongue scratch my face.

"Alright, alright," I said pushing him away. I stood and went to my painting room. I knew this house very well. So well that I could walk through it blind folded. I chuckled at the thought.

I felt the canvas in front of my. I brushed my fingers across the paint and the paint brushes. I picked out a brush and dunked my finger in one of the paint containers. I pushed my finger away from me and Life barked five times with a pause between the third and fourth.

"Just the color I wanted," I said. I dunked the brush in the paint and placed it on the canvas.

110 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:57 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun watched Ettabell paint from his spot on the outside of her window. He didn't know how she didn't sense him there or that Life didn't see him, but they didn't. He smiled at the thought, he loved watching her at work. He sighed when he heard her aunt humming in the kitchen. How he wished he could be with her at all times, be beside his Bell at all times. He smiled, she was his life, she'd always been his life, at least after she lost her site. At first it was because he blaimed himself for the accident and what had happened to her. but after that she had become his best friend. No matter what he wished he could tell her his seceret, but he couldn't. He thought about the time when she lost her sight it was the one thing that he could remember the clearest. They'd been playing in her living room and putting up decorations on the christmas tree. She was kneeled down in front of the tree aranging the little skirt while he was putting up the glass balls. He had dropped one and it had shattered next to her glass flying up into her face. He shook the images from his mind and watched Ettabell instead.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 pm
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

I painted. I couldn't stop. I imagined I was a bird while I painted. I imagined that I was draping the sky with it's colors. Then it was finished. I felt Life's tail hit the floor multiple times from him wagging it. I sensed Aunt Laurie at the door.

"It's beautiful. When are you going to make me one?" she asked. I smiled and lifted myself up. I rubbed my eye and got another glimpse of color. Or was it a picture? But it wasn't from my eyes. It was from someone elses because I could see me from my window. I moved steadily to the side of the room. Aunt Laurie grabbed my hand and lead me to the table. I sat down and there was a knock at the door.

"I got it," I said jumping up from my chair easing my way sround the furniture to the door. I opened it.

"Who's there?" I asked with the door open.

"It's me," he said. I felt him grab my hand and put something in it. I put it on the side table next to the couch and returned to the door.

"Do you want to join us?" I asked him. I hoped he would say yes. Actually, I didn't even wait. I pulled him in and closed the door behind him.

"Aunt Laurie! Shaun is here. I invited him to eat with us. Is that okay?" I asked.

"Of course! Come on in, Shaun. Sit," she said. I felt Shaun's eyes stare at me. We ate laughing the whole time. We talked about all kinds of things.

Finally, dinner was over. As Aunt Laurie cleaned up the kitchen, Shaun and I went outside. We stood there in the darkness. It was very quiet.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun smiled and scooped Ettabell up and she squealed at the sudden change. He laid her down on the dry grass he found and then laid down next to her. "What do you see? In your head?" He asked.

"Black." She replied. "With little dots of light everywhere." He smiled and looked up at the stars along with her. He smiled as he remembered Life stayin in the house, that dog got on his nerves sometimes, but he still liked Life.

"You see everything, yet you don't." He said softly looking from one consulation to the next. "What did you paint today?"

"How did you know I painted?" She demanded.

"You have paint on your shirt and face." He laughed touching her cheek where she probably rubbed her hand against when it had paint on it.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:23 am
Bleeding Rose says...

"I painted......you," I said. I felt him sit up so I did the same.

"You did?" Shaun said. I sensed a smile spread across his face. I lied backed down and his arm was already there for me to lay on. He pulled me closer to him and I snuggled my face in his shirt.

"Aren't you glad Life isn't here?" I asked giggling. I felt him nod.

"Yah. He gets jealous easily," he said laughing. I never wanted to leave Shaun's side. I felt safe. I felt as if I was in God's arms, only Shaun's were probably smaller and weaker. Shaun started brushing my hair again. I wish I could see so much. Just one glimpse of real life things, or my own art. Just something that tells me that I am still alive. I bleed because I couldn't see it anyway. But it wouldn't hurt. I pulled out a pin that was in my dress and jabbed my finger. It tingled at first, but it wasn't bad. It probably wasn't anything but a speck. I layed back down on Shaun's arm.

"What did you just do?" Shaun asked.

"I made sure I was alive," I replied closing my eyelids. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't. I opened my eyes again. and sat up.

"Do you think that I can ever see again? I don't mind it but still. Would I want to see again?" I asked with curiosity. I turned to the rustle in the grass. I figured it was Shaun sitting up or something.

"You already can see. You see better than anyone I know that has vision," Shaun said. Wow, I thought. That meant a lot to me. It was very deep. I smiled. I felt Shaun's face close to mine so I picked up my hand and traced it along his face. I felt every crease, every scar, every little flaw. It was so beautiful in my eyes. He was so....handsome. I let my hand fallafter about two minutes of storing his image inside my mind.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:34 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

The smell of her blood lingered in the air for ages, the wound finally stopped and he almost breathed in relief that the temptation was gone. Her hands being on his face had helped, alot. When she dropped her hands he grabbed her hands and squeezed them running his hands over her palms.

"What are you looking for when you touch my face?" He asked. "What do you see?"
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:46 am
View Likes
Bleeding Rose says...

"I see.....mm.....beauty. I see you," I said. Still running through every detail in my mind of the picture that I had of him, the mental picture. I felt his hands on my palms. The night grew quiet. It went from the bugs singing as I touched Shaun's face to total silence as he touched my palms. His hand messaging mine felt good. I had a feeling that he was staring at my eyes. That's when I had another vision. Well, not exactly a vision. Another seeing I guess is what you would call it. I could see both me and Shaun. It looked as if I was watching from the tree line. I pulled my hand away from Shaun's.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I barely heard him because the thing that I was seeing from was coming closer.

"Shaun," I whispered. I jolted my head to where I thought it was coming from. Shaun suddenly scooped me up and ran. I felt as if I was a dog with my head outside the window of a motor vehicle. I grasped him as he sped up. He finally stopped and carefully put me down. I figured we were inside of the woods because I landed on on twigs snapping. I didn't let go of his neck so he came down with me. We laughed as he landed in=on top of me and I let out a big humph. We sat there for a few more minutes, my finger twirling his hair. Then he said something......

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:57 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

****Um, what does he say????****

"I love you, Bell." He said stroking her face softly. "There was nothing back there."

"Yes there was, I felt whoever it was, I saw." She replied softly. "How did you run so fast?"

"Practice." He replied with a smile. He kicked himself inside because he had been stupid to run fast, but the vampire back there worried him. "We better get back." He scooped her up and ran to her house listening for the sound of the vampire or smell. He tightened his grasp on her as he smelled the vampire, still outside of the house. He hurried inside and set her down.

"There is someone out there!" SHe replied.

"I'll go check, stay here and don't let anyone in." He said kissing her head. "Don't invite anyone in, you never know who it might be." He hurried out the door and ran to where the vampire was.

"Hello, that is one nice smelling girl." The vampire smiled leaning against the tree.

"Yes, and she's mine, touch her and I'll kill you." He hissed crouching slightly.

"Oh, and I should be scared of you why?" The vampire laughed. He moved closer to the vampire and crossed his arms.

"Cause You have no clue what I'll do to you if you hurt her. You'll wish you were really dead by the time I am through with you." He hissed.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:15 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I knew it was someone.....no, it was something. Aunt Laurie was already asleep because I could hear her snoring. I didn't know what to do. Then I thought about what Shaun had said.

"I love you, Bell," is what he said. For him the words flew out of his mouth. I heard yelling and a crack. It was a huge crack. I think it was a tree. Life came over to me whining. I stroked him.

"It's okay, Life. It's okay," I whispered. I didn't know what to do. I sat and I heard the door bust open. I felt a hand thrown around my neck. It was choking me. I clawed at the hands embracing my neck. I gasped for air. I heard Life growl and then I heard him yelp. I listened to Aunt Laurie scream as she walked in and I heard the room fall to complete silence.

"Let her go, you son of a bitch," Shaun said. I knew it was his voice. I couldn't breathe. I clawed at the hands once more and I felt cold lips brush the crease in my neck. I swear I would of fainted if this was a girl doing this. I picked up my heel and crushed it against the ritch of the person behind me. I tried to crawl away. I felt a hand close around my ankle. I screamed and then it let go. I heard a crunch against the wall. Then I heard someone choking. Then someone gasped for breath and then a grunt as someones hand dug into someones stomach. I didn't know what was going on. I felt a lonesome tear roll down my cheek. Then I felt someone grasp me from behind and pick me up. I screamed as I was thrust over a shoulder. Then the person who was carrying me was tripped and I fell back onto something sharp. It carved a cut on my arm. I felt the stinging of the blood being revealed to the air. Then all fell quiet.

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince