z

Young Writers Society

Evening Rain

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:25 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Leal shivered as she walked down the path towards the barn. Her skin prickled against the harsh Colorado wind. She pulled her jacket tighter around her shoulders. She hadn't been able to sleep and when she heard one of the horses she decided to check on them. She stepped into the barn and looked around. Her horse popped it's head out of the stall door and looked at her. She grabbed his hackamore and jumped on bare back pushing him towards the back pasture where another horse whinned in distress. She grabbed the rifle on the way out and pushed Fire into a canter. They raced across the icy ground as they got closer to the far pasture. She clung to Fire's mane as he cleared the top railing and kept going as they hit the ground.

They turned back towards teh woods where she heard the horse again. Fire pulled up to a stop and backed up as they got closer. There was a person standing in front of her. She pulled the rifle closer to her looking at the girl that was standing there watching her with a smile that sent shivers down Leal's spine. Fire danced under her and she patted his neck.

"This is private property." She said to the girl readjusting Fire so the gun was pointed towards the girl.

"I'm sorry, I was just walking around and got lost." THe girl's voice rang like bells as she walked towards Leal. Fire danced away and the girl looked annoyed.

"The road is that way." Leal said motioning with her free hand. "I need to check on my horse." She pushed Fire in a big circle around the girl then tore into the woods towards the sound of the horse. She found it backed up in a corner by two big looking guys. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Leal screamed. The three spun around and looked at her the horse forgotten. She cocked the gun. "Get off my property NOW!"

"Sorry, miss." One said. His voice was almost as beautiful as the girls. He started towards her and Fire backed up. Leal didn't know what was wrong with him. He was normally fine with other humans.

"Leave!" She growled. She shoved Fire forward and he rammed into the guy then jumped back skidding away from the guy and almost kncocking her off his back. The guy recovered and looked mad. She spun Fire around and took off. She turned around and looked at them. The girl was standing with them now and the four took off after her at a full out run. The other horse took off towards the barn. "Run, Fire!" She whimpered. For some reason she had a feeling they would be able to catch her. She leaned further over his neck and Fire got a new burst of sped taking off. She glanced back behidn her and saw they were getting closer. How the heck. She looked back foreward and screamed when she saw one of them in front of her. Fire skidded to a stop. It wasn't one of the others, it was someone else. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she fumbled for the gun. It fell to the ground useless though. She didn't know what was going on, but these people were on steroids and this was a horrible dream. The others froze behind her and she whimpered as they fanned out to circle her. Fire danced in circles looking at the five. He moved closer to the one that had appeared in front of them. He seemed to trust him more then he trusted the others. She didn't care, she wanted away and she wanted away now.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:38 pm
View Likes
*singerofthenight* says...

Marcus stood infront of teh huge horse, whom he heard the girl astride it call Fire. She looked terrified, he thought.

He frowned.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you." He smiled, his fangs begining to show.

Her terrifed eyes began to expand as she realized exactly what he was.

"If you don't mind, we were just passing through and was looking for something to eat. That's when we stumbled upon this here horse."

*sorry gott to go*
"Hello, is this thing on?"

110 Reviews

Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:31 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Leal swallowed hard and pulled Fire back. "You can't have me or my horses!" She cried as she shoved Fire forward. He leaped over the boy and then froze as another stopped in front of her.

"Where is a heard of something wild then?" He asked.

"YOU CAN"T HAVE THE MUSTANGS EITHER!" She screeched, "Take any mountian lion you want." She hissed turning and facing him. "But don't you dare touch my horses. I find out you touched one of my horses, or the mustangs I will personally hunt you don't and kill you no matter what you are!"
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm
View Likes

Marcus stared at her in utter shock.

"Yes ma'am." She was extremely pretty from where he was standing. Odd how he noticed that, since she was of all things, a human.

"Don't call me ma'am! I am not an old lady!"

He grinned. "Okay, okay! Could you please tell me where i can get some food? My family and I are starving." He said, coming towards her, his eyes fixed on hers.

"Umm...you could try looking in the mountains." She said sarcasatically, backing her horse up.

"No, I'm talkign about real food."

"Oh."

"Exactly. Humans." He muttered under his breath. Very beatiful human he thought.

110 Reviews

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

Leal narrowed her eyes looking at him then the ones behind him. "The closest town is a good while away." She said backing up Fire just a tad more. "And if you were looking for human food why did they have my horses backed against a canyon?" He spun around and looked at the others. They just looked at each other their perfect expressions changing. One of them turned adn ran off and the others were soon to follow.

"Sorry, they did that, it won't happen again. " He replied.

"Are they coming back?" She asked. He shrugged and stepped forward again. She backed up and frowned. "Listen bud, if you want me to trust you stop walking towards me!" He stopped.

"Where would I be able to get real food that is relativly close?" He asked again.

"THis is the only ranch for miles around." She replied. "And when I say miles I mean miles. If you wait here I can always bring some back." She kicked herself for the offer what was she thinking, feeding a vampire! She might as well be screaming, 'Come drink my blood!' She still couldn't believe she wasn't dreaming all of this.

***I'm gonna say those other vamps are his family, and this is hwere they had the fight.
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:15 pm
View Likes

*k. i gotta go*

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 pm
View Likes

Okay he thought, glancing up at the girl.

"So, do you have any food?"

She didn't reply.

"Okay then, what is your name then?"

"What's yours?"

"Marcus."

She seemed o hesitate before answering.

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"I'm Leal." She said crossing her arm and looking around the ground for her gun. She pushed Fire towards it and dismounted keeping Fire between her and the vampire then mounting up again. "Alright, Marcus, I need to get home, you want human food. You make me a promise."

"What?" he asked looking her straight in the eyes.

"You don't drink a drop of blood on my ranch, or a drop of blood from any of my animals, family, or friends and you can come back to the house to get some food." She said holding hte gun on her lap.

"If I do?" He asked. She cocked the gun and pointed it at him.

"I don't care if it doesn't kill you, I"ll fill you full of bullets." She replied.
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:13 pm
View Likes

MArcus raised his hands in surrender.

"Okay, okay. I won't drink a drop of blood, though I'd prefer too."

The gun was stil pointed at him so he kept his hands raised.

"Where are those otehr people adn who are they?" She asked, stil aiming.

"I don't know where they went and they're my family. Though I pariculary don't wish to see them a this moment." He licked his lips before continuing. "Where exactly am I?"

He had been wondering around for a few days, and was practically half starved by the time his family had found him. He didn't really liek his family. Although he was ful-blooded vampire, that didn't necessarily mean he had to liek his family. Most of the time, he was either staring at the moon, or waling in the woods. Odd how they find yuo there too.

She didn't say anything, just turned her horse around and started to walk the horse. He ran to catch up.

"You still haven't answered my question. Where am I?" His stomach growled, signaling his hunger.

"I wouldn' be worried about where you are at this moment. I'd be worried about whether or not I'm going to feed you." She continued to walk the horse. Keeping up with it was no problem, considering his fast nature. He keep quiet fom then on.

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:17 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Leal dismounted when she got to the house and stripped her horse of it's tack rubbing it down then letting it out into the pasture. She walked to the house still holding hte gun. "Remember your promise, cause one shout, or shot from me and this whole ranch will be here with their guns."

"I remmeber." He replied rasing his hands again. She nodded and walked in the door pulling the refridgerator open and showing it to him.

"Pick what you want to eat." She said grabbing a cookie and sitting on a chair her legs crossed the gun in one hand still following him.
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:29 pm
View Likes

Marcus kept a wary eye on teh gun. He did not liek guns. Looking in teh refridgerater, her found a pound of meat that was still raw. Licking his lips, he turned towards Leal. "Do you have any V8 juice?"

"Umm...I think, why?"

"Because when I can't drink blood, I drink that."

"Oh." Still holding the gun, she got up and circled to the refrigerater. Marcus moved out of her way.

Nice legs he thought as she leaned over to rumage through the contents. After a few minutes, she straightened, holding a familiar bottle of juice. She handed it to him before going to sit back down.

Noticing the meat in his hand, she grimaced. "I hope your going to cook that." He looked at her strangely, sitting down and taking a big bite out of it, satisfied to see her shiver. Taking a gulp of the juice he sat back in his chair, his eye still focused on the gun.

"Could you please lower your weapon. I always keep my promises." He took another bite, waiting for her to reply.

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:39 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Sorry, but I don't know that." She replied holding the gun. "I keep my promises too, just remember that." She grabbed a soda so she could stay awake and leaned against the wall opposite him.

"I'm not going to hurt you or anyone here." He said taking anothe rbite of the raw meat.

"I don't know taht, anyone can sweat talk and promise things." She shrugged. "Don't try to talk me out of this."
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:54 pm
View Likes

The raw meat that he just ate threathened to come back up as he stared at the gun.

"Okay, but..." It was no use, she just wasn't going to give. "Since you won't lower your weapon, maybe I can explain a few things?"

She eyed him suspisiously before answering. "I'll let you explain why your here, and who those other people were, but I'll still have my weapon pointed at you."

He nodded and began his story.

110 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:02 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Leal waited as he started to talk.

"Those people are my family, of sorts, they don't nessicarily agree with everything I do sense I'm a vegitarian of storts." She waited for an explanation of that. "I don't go after humens." He explained. She nodded. "They aren't, I just ran into them around here and was surprised they didn't come to the house though I didn't mention that there were humens around. I've not drank any humen blood in a long time and don't plan on it any time soon so I won't harm you."

"Anyone can sweet talk." She replied. He frowned again.

"Ya, but it's not just 'sweet talk' it's the truth." he hissed.

"Really, how do I know that?" She demanded.

***Ok, I don't know how much longer I'll be on. We might leave this gas station soon.***
Want a Readers crit???

83 Reviews

Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:12 pm
View Likes

*o_O ? gas station.*

He frowned again. "Ask my family. Besides, the last time I drank human blood, I got sick."

She didn't say anything, just walked over to the fridge.

"I suppose thats why you substitute V8 for blood?"

"You could say that."

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss