z

Young Writers Society

Love is So Unfair

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:42 am
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

"Pippa, get up your going to be late for school!" Pippa groaned and rolled over slowly getting up and walking to her mirror.

"I hate mornings." She moaned looking at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess! She moaned as hse brushed it out and threw it up in a pony tail. Pulling on some jeans, a baby-t, and a jacket that was meant for someone that weighed about 200lbs, not a 110lb girl. She smiled, she loved her big jackets, they were like a safety net, guys tended to stay away even though she didn't have a boyfriend they all thought she did.

"PIPPA!" She groaned and ran out her door and down the stairs.

"I'm up, I'm up!" She hollered back. Her step mom walked out of the kitchen green stuff all over her face. "You got something..."

"It's face peel." Brittney replied walking to the kitchen and readjusting the curlers in her hair.

"Oh, where's dad?" Pippa asked.

"On a plane to New York, he'll be gone for a couple of months." Brittney replied. "So it's you, me, Katie, and Nicky."

"Oh fun." Pippa rolled her eyes, grabbed two apples, picked up her messenger bag and ran out the door. She threw her messenger bag in the passenger seat of her 1946 baby blue chevy pick up. The paint was fadded, but she loved the truck, her mom had gotten it a year before she died.

"Pippa, where are you going?" Brittney demanded.

"To take care of the horses then try to get to school on time." She hissed starting the engine. It purred to life and she smiled, it ran so well for such an old truck. She put it into drive and drove to the barn. She could've walked, but she didn't want an excuse to come back to the house. She owned three horses and loved everyone of them. Her step sisters owned a few, but didn't really take care of them which left Pippa to work with htem. She loved working with her horses, but her stepsister's horses were dressage horses, just as annoying as their owners. She wistled as she jumped out of her truck and hurried to the stalls pouring feed into each of the bens as the horses came in. Toby, her catahoula, ran over and barked waiting for his food. She quickly poured him some then ran back to her truck and drove towards her school. She parked in her normal spot and jumped out not even bothering to lock the doors, there wasn't anything to get out of her truck. She walked towards the front of the school, for such a small town there were a ton of highschoolers.

"Pippy!" She heard her best friend call.

"Hey, Cale, what are you doing?" She laughed smiling at him as he ran over.

"Pretty good, that things still running?" He smiled back.

"Ya." She jumped back as her stepsisters drove past in their converatble almost running her over. "There's the little witches kids." She sighed.

"Sorry you have to live with them." He laughed. "I don't even want to be in a class with them let alone in the same house!"
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 am
Alice says...

Cale stared at Pippa's face almost obsessively. Oh who was he kidding, it was obsessively. He couldn't help himself. She was beautiful. So much more beautiful than she thought she was.

"Need some help?"

She nodded, "just a bit or we'll be late."

He knew the routine by heart, having spent much of the last four or five years doing this with her.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa:

Pippa hurried to her lockers, her's and Cale's were right next to each other. She heard girly laughing and she looked up watching as the three most popular cheerleaders walked by.

"Can't they ever stop flaunting. You'd think they had enough boy friends to last a life time." She hissed.

"Pippa's, not jealous is she." Cale laughed. She frowned and punched him in the arm.

"You know better, it's just getting annoying." She grabbed her Economics book and frowned.

"Looks like Colt Rose and Brent Tarver sure don't mind." Cale laughed. She looked over at the two football stars. Colt Rose was no only the most sot after guy in the whole school, but was also the star line backer. He was huge with a captital h. He was Brent Tarver's second man. Brent was the quarter back, and biggest man whore in the school.

"I don't think Colt Rose has ever looked at any girl twice, I've heard people say he's never really dated and that Brittney Parson really wants him." She shrugged. "Now I can't say the say for Brent, Brittney's had him more times then anyone can count. They make a great pair." She laughed and rolled her eyes looping her arm in his and pulling him towards Economics.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:58 am
Alice says...

Brent Tarver followed Cale and Pippa to her locker, and he memorized the number. She's way out of my league he thought arrogently, This won't be hard.

"Go on Brent," Colt urged, "fifty bucks are on the line."

He sighed and sucked it up. He took the note and slipped it through the grate.

"There," he said, "now all we have to do is wait for a response."

"Not quite," Colt said, "you still gotta woo her in between classes."

Brent couldn't believe what he was doing.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa:

Pippa managed to stay awake during economics and hurried to her locker Cale right behind her. She twisted the lock and opened it. A peice of paper drifted to the ground and Cale snatched it handing it to her.

"What's that?" He asked. Her name was scrawled on the front. She opened it up and read it out loud to him.

"Pippa,
So, I'm surprised I've never seen you around before. Your pretty cute.
Ha, pretty cute." She laughed. Cale frowned.

"Keep going!"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies some time.

Brent Tarver.
Brent TARVER!" She gasped. She crumped the paper up tossing it to the closest trash can. "That's a great joke, come on, we gotta get to next period.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:14 am
Alice says...

Brent walked up over next to her non-chalantly. "Did you get my note?"

She scoffed, "yes you're quite the prankster."

He stepped in front of her blocking her path, "it wasn't a prank."

"A bet then."

His pulse skipped a beat, he had always been a terrible liar. "Against myself to see if I had the nerve." She shoved on his chest trying to get him to move.

"The nerve to ask the biggest loser in the school out?"

Brent truly didn't like that, she wasn't a loser. She was too cute to really be a loser. He mentally shook his head out, this wasn't why he was here, he was here to regain his "honor" and win fifty bucks in the process.

"You're not that big of a loser," he countered. "And I really would like to sometime."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 pm
TNCowgirl says...

"Come on, Pippa." Cale said lookingat Brent and frowning.

"Sorry, Brent, I'm sure if you need company Brittney would be happy to help you." She stepped around him and he just jumped in front of her.

"Just one movie, it wouldn't hurt anything." He said again.

"She said no!" Cale hissed. "Leave her alone."

"Shut up, Peterson." Brent frowned, he turned back to Pippa. "One movie?"

"Sorry, Tarver, but no." She walked around him again and he stepped in front of her again. "Listen, my answer is no, and it's staying no, now weather you have a bet with your self, or a bet with someone else, you lost." She moved around him again.

"Come on, why not?" He asked completely confussed.

"Because your not my type." She shrugged hurrying off with Cale.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Colt laughed as Brent came over. "I figured if you would bug her enough she might acctually give in." He smiled.

"Shut up, Colt." Brent growled. "I really don't get it."

"Brent, you were put up to fail, have you ever seen that girl date anyone?" He smiled. Brent got this weird look on his face and smiled.

"You haven't dated anyone either, I bet you could get her." He smiled.

"Hey now! I..." Colt started.

"Come on, whimp!" Brent laughed. "Whoever gets her first....gets hundered bucks, how about that?"

***Oh, I had a HUGE idea, pm me or MSN me about it!***
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:33 pm
Alice says...

Pippa walked out back behind the school to get to her truck. Colt walked up beside her. "Come to torment me too?" she snapped.

HE shook his head, "just wondering if I could give you a ride home."

"I won't have a way back tomorrow."

"I'll drive you tomorrow too."

"No thanks."

"Aw come on, don't break my heart." She reached her truck and turned to face him, her hand on the handle.

"I don't think you'll suffer that much."

"Oh really?"

"Really." She flung the door open hitting him in the chest, she slammed the door shut behind her with enough force to shake the window. She flung the car into reverse and backed out of the spot and drove home. What's going on with the world today?
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:36 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Colt stumbled back and blinked a few times. "Wow, that was harsh." A kid laughed walking over. CAle was his name.

"You hang out with her alot don't you?" Colt asked hurring to meet the kid.

"So what?" Cale demanded.

"Why did she do that?" He asked.

"Cause she isn't about to be y'all little game. Brent's reptuation isn't clean, and you hang out wiht him. SHe's not into that stuff." Cale shrugged, jumped in his car and took off."
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:52 pm
Alice says...

Colt stared at the parking spots astonished. Wow. For such a loser she was really strong willed. He shook his head trying to clear his thoughts. He couldn't afford to mess up this bet. His wallet and cash stash was empty at the moment.

He couldn't fall for her, he wouldn't she was a loser anyways, point being he couldn't mix buisness with pleasure, he would definately screw it up then.

He wished again that he knew where he could ride a horse. He growled at his weakness for it but it didn't stop him from going to the phone book and looking up a local ranch. He got into his car and drove off.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:10 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa walked around the barn feeding all the horses. Her horse was stabled in a corral out back.

"I'm done, Ben." She yelled to the barn manager. HEr dad kept him around to 'help out'.

"Alright, Pippa, can you take care of the riding horses?" He called.

"That's your job." She muttered. "Sure!" She called. She walked to the other barn and started mucking more stalls.

"Anyone in here?" She heard someone call. She tossed more manure out of the stall.

"Last stall!" She yelled as she kept scooping up fresh manure.

"I was wondering if I could swap some work for a chance to rid..." She turned around when the sentence was cut short. It was Colt!

"What do you really want, cause my answer hasn't changed." She said crossing her arms and glaring at him.

"Honestly I'm here to ride." He said throwing his hands up.

"Right? SO what was the bet?"
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:22 am
View Likes
Alice says...

Colt's blood froze for a hot second before he collected himself, "No bet. I just got sick of Brent and needed to clear my mind."

She looked at him skepticly, "so you decided to go horseback riding?"

"It's a good outlet for me."

He could see the reluctant smile coming on her face, "I love horses more than life."

He took a slow step foward, "really? Mind showing me around the ranch?"

"I have to work."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 am
TNCowgirl says...

She watched Colt shrug. "I can help, I can't pay to ride so I want to work it off." He smiled.

"Sure, there's a pitchfork over there." SHe said. "Get the next stall."

"So, do you know the owner?" He asked as he mucked out the stall next to her.

"Ya, my dad." She replied moving on to another stall.

"Oh, cool. So you like to ride alot?"

"Ya, horses are easier to talk to then people." She admitted. She couldn't believe she had jsut told him that.

"I know what you mean." He replied as he finished the last stall. "Anythign else you have to do?"

She shook her head no, wishing she could say yes.

"Can I have a tour then? Or could you show me some good trails?"
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:16 am
Alice says...

Pippa hesitated she was done, and she was going to ride. "If you can keep up."

He smiled, "I can keep up." She easily swung herself up onto her horse and led it back out of the barn. "Hey!"

She turned around, "yeah?"

"What horse do I use?"

"Whichever one's saddled."

"Alright..."

Pippa smiled and started at a nice trot down the path until he came out, she waved and gallopped away. Yeah he can keep up.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:45 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa:

Pippa let the wind whip through her hair, she loved riding, she always felt so free. She looked behind her, Colt was gaining a little ground, but not much sense Fire was the fastest horse they had on the ranch. She felt kinda bad. Sh eslowled down ot a canter and it caught up within a few minutes.

"THat horse is fast, do y'all ever race him?" Colt asked.

"YA, I barrel race him." She replied pulling him down to a trot.

"That's awesome!" Colt smiled. She shrugged not even looking over at him.
Want a Readers crit???

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare