z

Young Writers Society

Love is So Unfair

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:18 pm
TNCowgirl says...

(((it's cool)))))

Pippa smiled as she had to slow her horse down a little. She was having fun though. She just hoped they were.

"Hurry up, slow pokes." SHe called back.

"SHut up!" Colt laughed back. She smiled as Cale pushed his horse a little more to catch up.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:39 am
Alice says...

They rode for most of the day, and when Cale suggested that it was time to go home Pippa looked mortified. Colt came up with the bright idea to have a bonfire, she brightened up at the prospect of staying away from home.

"I like that idea," she said, "but we'd need a permit."

"We'll get one on our way to get the marshmallows and spread the word around. I've got a burn pit out at my place," Colt said, "and its guaranteed to be a great time, even if your 'sisters' come, they'll be lots of college guys for them to flirt with and keep you out of trouble."

Cale said nothing.

Pippa grinned, "I like this idea, lets do it."

They turned their horses and headed back towards the stable. Pippa went in to explain it to her sisters--who gloried at the idea of there being college guys there--and quickly agreed to come. Pippa got herself ready, she just brushed her hair a bit and pulled it back.

She bounced down the stairs and joined Colt and Cale. Cale was holding a bag of marshmallows, and a few CDs.

"Dancing too?" she questioned.

Colt shrugged, "well why not?" He was hopeful for the dancing part, but not looking foward for Brent being there, he would steal a dance. He just hoped that he wouldn't steal her heart.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:55 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa smiled and jumped in the car.

"Come on, Cale!" She smiled. He got in but she could tell he wasn't to happy. "Whats wrong?" She whispered.

"Nothing." He replied wtih a shrug. She leaned against his shoulder looking out the shoulder as Colt started the engine and pulled out of her house. He glanced at her and she saw something pass over his face, but didn't know what it was or really care.

"Not tired are you?" He aske.d

"No, just relaxing." She smiled back at him. She felt her heart flitter as he smiled at her then kept going. They pulled up to his house and she felt her jaw nearly drop. It was a HUGE house. He led them around the back and she laughed.

"Not a small pit at all." She smiled.

"Eh, dad got a little carried away." He smiled at her as he walked over to it and started building the fire.

"Starting the party without me are you?" She heard Brent say walking up from behind her. She felt him drap his arm over her shoulder and she shrugged him off.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 am
Alice says...

Brent was not one to be easily shaken off, she shook his arm off of her shoulder, so he simply did it again, "hey Pippa, I called you."

She scowled, "I know."

Colt turned around to put more wood on the fire pile to suppress his laugh, he could hardly stand it. Pippa wasn't one to be pushed around, sooner or later she was going to retaliate, and Colt was sure Brent would need some ice by the time it was over.

Brent, being the idiot that he was, didn't realize that, and when he started reaching for her butt Colt was sure that it wouldn't just be Pippa retaliating tonight.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:17 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa felt Brent's hand on her butt and she spun around slamming her fist into his jaw. Cale frowned.

"What'd he do?" He demanded.

"He knows exactly what he did and if he does it again I'll have to kill him." She hissed crossing her arms. "Just try me bud!" She walked over to the fire angerly and watched teh flames lick up the wood.

"He's not hte sharpest tool in the shed." COlt smiled at her.

"He's the dullest in the world." She replied with a smile. "He tries that again I'll cut that stupid hand off."

**UGH**
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:24 am
Alice says...

Colt chuckled, "or you could just let me get at him."

She paused for a moment, "that wouldn't be quite as satisfying."

"It would be for me."
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am
TNCowgirl says...

"Ya, well I like fighting my own battles sometimes. I'm used to it." She smiled back at him.

"Long as I can have a peice when your done." He replied as he sat next to her and ketp putting logs in the fire from the stack next to them.

"Why do you care all the sudden?" She asked. "IT doesn't make any sense."

***Gotta go to sleep. Night***
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:39 am
Alice says...

Colt was tempted to just blurt out how it got started, but he was near a fire, and he also didn't doubt that she'd shove him in.

"I'm not the most noticeable person," she said, "you're pretty perceptive, so...why'd"

"Let me set you straight," he said, "I'm not perceptive, I'm actually really oblivious. One day I just saw you in the hallway, I must have looked at you a thousand times, but my eyes were actually open and I saw you, and instantly fell head over heels in love."

She didn't respond, Colt was moderately satisfied with himself.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:12 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa watched the fire dance. fell head over heels in love his words played over and over in her head. She didn't know what to say, or think.

"I, uh, forgot my coat in your truck." SHe said jumping up and walking to his truck. "Good job, act like a total idiot." She chidded herself. She grabbed her light coat and pulled it ove rher shoulders leaniing against hte truck.

"YOu ok?" Cale asked from behind her.

"Why can't I read people anymore?" She asked tuning and facing him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just xdon't know what to think anymore." She sighed. I'm falling in love, and I'm not sure if it's the best thing for me.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"We better get back to the fire." She said walking back towards the fire. Why wasw it so hard to say something. She just wasn't sure of it yet, but she could swear she was falling head over heels too.
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:39 pm
Alice says...

Brent, being the idiot that he was started the music, and a large cluster of people on the far side of the fire began to dance. Slow dancing. Colt was just about to ask Pippa if she wanted to, but Brent practically dragged her over there.

"Sorry about the whole incident over there," he said hoping to be convincing, "it was a dick move."

She stepped on his foot, he wrote it off as an accident, though from across the fire Colt could tell from the twinkle in her eye that it wasn't, it was revenge. He felt proud of her.

Cale came over and sat by him, "what was up with Pip?"

Colt chewed on his tongue, "I told her I liked her."

Cale clenched his fists, though Colt doubted that he meant to.

"You like her too eh?"

He nodded.

"Why didn't you tell her anything?"

"She thinks of me like her brother, I was workin my way up to it...I guess its too late now huh?"

Colt didn't respond, he kept his eyes on Brent, "I bet you'd get some points if you rescued her," he said, though he didn't know why he was helping his competition. Though as he said it an idea struck, if she chose Cale, neither would win the bet and him and Brent could just kick the shit out of each other instead and be satisfied.

Though when he saw the agitation on her face and felt the insane need to go save her from Brent he knew, bet or no, he had to have her.

Cale took a moment before he stood up, good God, Colt thought with horror, Brent will kill him, but then again, Cale isn't all that small. He might have a shot.

He walked up to Brent and lightly tapped his shoulder, Colt could barely read his lips, all he could understand was "cut in". Brent graciously stepped aside and let Cale start dancing. Colt's jaw dropped, had Brent realized that being a possessive dillhole wasn't going to get him what he wanted. Brent smiled at Pippa and walked back over to Colt.

"She seemed to like that," he said triumphantly, "I can play the nice guy."

Colt clenched his fists, it took everything he had to not throw Brent into the fire, granted he wouldn't burst into flames as well as he would have liked but squirting a little bit of the lighter fluid all over his body and then pushing him in...

No, that'd be a very big buzz kill.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 am
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa was glad when the song was over. She walked back over to the fire and stared in it. Cale stayed at her side and she smiled at him. "Thanks." S he whispered.

"Your welcome. It was Colt's idea." Cale smiled almost shyly.

"I'll remember to thank him next time I talk to him." She replied.

"DO you like him?" HE asked.

"I'm still trying to figure it all out. I don't want to get played." She sighed.

"Right."

***Sorry it's short***
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:10 am
Alice says...

Colt pretended not to listen, but he heard ever word she said. He had hope, but the hope was drown out by the wave of unwavering guilt that plummeted against him.

Brent started laughing, "you really like her don't you?"

Colt didn't trust Brent, he pretended not to hear.

Across the fire he saw Pippa's step sisters flirting horribly with a couple college guys, he chuckled, maybe later he'd mention how if it wasn't for him liking their sister they'd be stuck with high school guys.

Cale had never been very good at controlling his emotions, he could see in her eyes that she liked Colt, and he didn't like it. He steered her away from his direction.

"I don't trust him, I bet he is playing you."

She scowled, "how would you know? Has he said anything to you?"

"No, but I know his make."

She glared at him, "I can take care of myself Cale."

He snapped at her, "No you can't if you have any idea in your head to trust him!"

Without replying she stormed away, there were college guys here, she knew that, and they had just what she wanted. She walked over to one drinking from a flask, "Mind if I have a drink?"

The guy chuckled, "you sure?"

She grabbed the flask out of his hand, "yeah I'm sure." she tipped it back and took a swig. Then she nearly threw up. "You like this stuff?"

He started to laugh harder, "here, try again, and then suck on the lime."

She did, much better this time.

She was about to take a third swig when suddenly somebody grabbed her under her feet and arms and picked her up. "Oh my god!" she shouted and clung to whoever picked her up. She recognized it as Colt, it was strange, she already had his scent memorized.

"No more of that," he said sternly, "your step mother would kill you."

She didn't respond, she just held on to his neck tightly. She had just been drinking? What?! Oh God, "thank you Colt," she muttered coming back to herself. "You can put me down now."

He sat down instead and sat her next to him on the bench. "What was that about?"

She sighed, "Cale upset me a bit."

He tucked a bit of hair behind her ear, "what did he do?"

"Just brought up some stuff he knew he shouldn't have..." she didn't want to tell him, he could see that.

So he decided to change the subject, "so I think you'll get some points with your step mom."

She looked at him puzzled, "how so?"

He leaned in close to her and pointed across to the fire at the group including her sisters and their new boy toys. She smiled, "and when I comment when they leave how they wouldn't have met them if it wasn't for me liking you, you might get some bonus points."

She turned and smiled at him, their noses were barely a centimeter apart. He couldn't take it anymore, he grabbed her hand and led her away from the fire behind a tree, away from the wandering eyes of Brent, and Cale, and her sisters.

"Colt what are you doing?"

"Shh" he kissed her. She must have been caught off guard at first, but after a moment she responded. She wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her toes to get closer to him. Thinking about how uncomfortable that must be in her riding boots he pushed her back down and leaned into her.

Finally they parted, she smiled breathlessly at him, "what was that for?"

He grabbed her hand and started to lead her back, "because I wanted to. I really like you Pippa," he said and almost added the bet was just how I met you.
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:13 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Pippa smiled at him holding his hand as she did. She took a deep breath as she saw Cale look at them and then frown.

"My sisters do look like their having fun." She said softly.

"Ya, which is good." He replid with a smile.

*UGH!!! :'(*
Want a Readers crit???

270 Reviews

Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:39 am
Alice says...

Sorry, I've got nothing!
I just lost the game.

110 Reviews

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm
TNCowgirl says...

***Sorry, I've been gone all week. :P Time skip then. :P ***
Want a Readers crit???

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel