Reviews: 166
Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

[pre] THE
Double-Trouble Writing Huddle
PRESENTS:
Paired Prose![/pre]
Good day, good evening, and good all-the-times-in-between! Welcome to the Huddle’s first competition!

The Task:

In order to motivate you lazy lot into doing some writing together, we at the Huddle have decided to introduce a competition to get things moving. Every month a new topic will be named and posted on this thread. Your mission, as a member of the Huddle, is to co-write a piece of creative writing that is loosely related to the topic.

The piece will be assessed on:

* How well the writers have worked together to produce the piece of writing,
* The originality of the piece,
* The quality of the writing.

Remember, the most important factor in deciding the winner is how well the writers have used their skills whilst working together. If the piece is clearly not a balanced product of the two writers’ skills, then this will count against you. The idea is to work side-by-side with your partner to meet the conditions on this brief.

Prizes:

The winners of the competition will get six critiques to be shared between the writers. How the prize is split between writers is left to the discretion of the winners. The critiques will be completed by Charlie II and TNcowgirl within two weeks after the competition.

Also, the writers who come second will be allowed to choose the topic for the next round of the competition. Bonus critiques may also be given out to other entrants, although this will depend on the amount of entrants and the availability of the critiquers.

Other details:

If you’re unsure of who to pair up with, then send a message to TNcowgirl and you will be paired up with another member who has done the same. Feel free to write with members outside the usergroup, but bringing more people into the pool of writers will help boost the number of people writing together and make the competition livelier.

The stories can be posted in the usergroup section if desired, but if not then a link must be provided to the judges for the piece to be included in the competition.

Feel free to ask questions and their answers will be edited into this post to prevent future confusion.

The first topic is "Dilemmas" and is due in on the 25th April. Get pairing guys![pre]
[/pre]
Last edited by Charlie II on Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:11 am
Firearris says...

This looks cool, But topic?
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:30 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

Apologies for the lateness in posting the first topic. Hopefully things will run much more smoothly in the future. So, without further ado, I can announce that the first topic will be:

"Dilemmas"

Happy writing!

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:16 pm
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Just wondering, how long does the piece have to be and when is it due in?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

166 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:10 pm
View Likes
Charlie II says...

I've edited the original post to give the date for pieces to be in by. To confirm, it's the 25th April.

On your other point, there is no specified length for the piece. But, for your writing to be judged we will need to see more than just a few paragraphs to get the feel of your writing. Enter what you can, and don't worry about writing pages and pages either because this is only a monthly competition! You don't need to write a novel ;).

If you're concerned, you can always PM a draft to me or TNcowgirl and we'll tell you if it's of appropriate length.

Does that clear everything up?

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:06 pm
View Likes
Sare Agama says...

Do we have to name it and out it into chapters? Also, the deadline is the day after mu=y b-day!
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:58 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Are we paired via this link or paired on our own with who we want?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain