Is it really fear
Your majesty wants to see
in our mind
or does he enjoy
the pain and hopelessness
in our eyes
on the
Night of Nightmares

Last edited by DreamyAlice on Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Imagination is a superpower. Use it well!

386 Reviews

Reviews: 386
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:46 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Nathen Damora

A man finished reading a poem he'd been given from the kings highest servant, he then looked up at all those standing before him. This poem was a message to all young people, as it was a reminder never to disobey the kings orders. The mans hair seamed to stand still just even with the wind trying to rip it from its place.
"recruits we have some others joining us today, for those of you who are new welcome," Nathen walked over to a girl who's onyx hair seemed to shine in the wind that blew.
"Here you'll need this for training," he handed her a wooden sword that was only given to those who didn't know how to fight.
Last edited by Dossereana on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh you just have to wait, and peace will come to you!

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Brenna

Brenna looked at the wooden sword given by a man in armor. Brenna thought "do they really think I don't know how to fight or they don't want to have me learn how to fight."

She was angry at her dad for letting the soldiers take her to this military camp but a part of her knew it was best for both of them. The king had this camp organized to recruit new soldiers and the only girls which were chosen were god- born like her. She looked around and saw many young faces, some human, some god-born, some excited about getting enlisted in the military and some had the looks that they were forced to be here like her.

"You all may rest, for I know you have had a very hard time getting here, but I want you up early next morning for training!" shouted the man who gave Brenna the wooden sword before, his blue eyes seemed restless, it was like he wanted to say something to her but was unsure.
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

386 Reviews

Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:52 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Nathen Damora

As the man walked away from all the recruits, he rolled his eyes in frustration. For those who wanted to be here he was confused why they would. As for those who didn't he wished he could help them and tell them that it would be okay as long as they listened to every order. But he didn't know how to say this.
The man had gone over to where the weapons where kept, he looked down at them as he examined the quality. He sighed as he looked at the rust on some of them. It would do well for the new recruits for now, but they'd have to get better weapons later when they got more advanced in there training. He then glanced back at Brenna who looked cross with the wooden sword he'd given her. He really hoped that she'd do well in the military and just listen to orders. She is a god born as he could see just by looking at her lustrous black hair, he knew her mother is Lyx, a goddess, and he knew he might have trouble training her if she was anything like her mom. But he knew what happens to all the girls her age if they are of no good use to the country.

166 Reviews

Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:02 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Brenna

As Brenna moved towards the quarters they were given to sleep in, she was more cautious than before. She was here in the middle of all these strangers and people as always were staring at her crescent moon tattooed on her neck, a symbol that she was borned to goddess Lyx, a symbol that she was evil just like her mother. She tried to cover her tattoo with her long black hair but I guess it didn’t work. She knew they would never accept that she could be normal and good or maybe kind.

In the hallway , as Brenna was moving towards her quarters, she saw pictures hanging on the wall of the commanders of Illthorn. They all were, as described, great and the other similarity between all of them other than the fact that they all were sterned face was that they all were men. “Seriously there have been not a single women commander in the kings army!” Brenna wondered why, because even in the grounds she saw only few girls, that also only god-borns.

Brenna has lived her whole life in the deep forest located in the outer region of Illthorn, with her father. He was her everything. He even used to tell her stories of her mother and that she had a reason to do what she was doing and so Brenna should never hate her mother. Actually she never did really hate her mother, she justs hated these people who judged her because of her mother. She has always looked up to her mother as her idol because she knew Lyx was strong and powerful and admired her leadership skills and charms. She still remembers the last time she saw her mother whe she went for a war and how glorious she looked!

Brenna was deep in thoughts when someone called her from afar...
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

386 Reviews

Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:41 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Nathen Damora

As the man from the training camp started walking home he saw a fellow solider walking up to him. The man turned around to look at the solider who was walking towards him now.
"General Nathen the king wanted me to give this to you, he said that you may read it anytime tomorrow or tonight," The solider handed Nathen a paper scroll that was well sealed. Nathen took it and nodded in thanks. He didn't need to open it to know what it was though, because he already new. He'd been in the military for years now, so he knew almost everything. But everyone he met along the streets or in training camp always just assumed that he'd done this all on his own. But in truth it was never Nathen's choice to be in the military. In fact he was being punished for his father's mistake.
He thought about this as he carried on going towards his house that was right next to the palace, its black gates looming ominously in front of all who came near. Nathen turned a corner towards a large brick house with a lovely knocker hanging in the middle of the front door. Nathen walked up the stairs and took out the key for the door.
As he walked in his nose was confronted with warm smells of rice and steak being cooked for supper.
"Darling is that you?" Nathen closed the front door as he listened to the familiar sound of his wife's voice. He then started walking towards the kitchen, as he did the smell of freshly cooked supper got stronger.
"Hello, my dear, how's your day been," Nathen walked in and went straight up to where a woman was leaning over a stove. Nathen hugged her and she hugged him back.
"Oh, my day's been horrible, but it's perfect now because your home and that's all that matters," Nathen cupped her head in his hands and smiled. She then leaned into kiss him, he kissed her back and then let her return to cooking.
"Hey dad I didn't even know that you'd gotten home yet, can I get you a glass of water, or at least take your weapons and put them away?" Nathen turned around to meet a young lady with strikingly violet eyes and lovely blue hair. She smiled as she came up to him. He then walked up to her as well and pulled her in for a tight hug.
"I'm good don't worry, now where's your brother?" Nathen was careful not to forget the scroll in his hand. He wasn't going to let anybody see it until at least later tomorrow.

166 Reviews

Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:21 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Alex

Alex's tanned face was dripping with sweat as he was practising archery, one thing he was known for in the entire Sonagachi. It was getting dark as he saw Luna approaching him from far. "Hey Alex! Come look what I got!" Luna said as he stood beside him.

"Hey there but why would you be here at such a late hour?" Alex asked.

Luna replied that she was here to bring the freshly cooked steak and rice she made to his mom.

“Oh yeah for my mom, not for me right huh,” Alex complained

“Yeah sure all for your mom nothing for you,” Luna laughed and they started walking towards Alex’s house. Luna was the only friend of Alex, she was the daughter of General Nathen. Alex and Luna have known each other since they were kids. He thought of Luna as a very kind and friendly girl. She was Alex's only source to know how things were going on outside Sonagachi, in the rest of Illthorn.

Women of Sonagachi had a hatred for all the people of the palace. Alex's mom was one of the many women of Sonagachi, who at the mere age of 13 to 18 were forced to become sex slaves of the king and his ministers. They were nothing but mere pieces of shit in their eyes, the men of the palace used for enjoyment. It was a long and evil custom of Illthorn. The women lost their dreams, hopes, and respect once they had been to the king's palace. The children of these women too were forced to live in Sonagachi a place located in the corner of Illthorn, very filthy and shabby. Except for Luna and Nathen Alex hated all the people of the palace, why will he not after all the stuff they make his mother go through and how they disregard their life as if they are worthless!

386 Reviews

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:45 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Luna

The next morning Luna was up bright and early, she'd come down stairs taken some food and gone to Alex's house to give them some of the breakfast her mom had made. Luna lived in one of the best and rarest houses in all of Illthorn and she new that, so her and her family tried to do the best for all the other people of Illthorn that weren't so fortunate.
As Luna and Alex passed through the narrow streets of Sonagachi, they came up to the wooden shack and the wind started to blow up all the dust on the ground. Her blue dress and apron blew with it, and she could feel the little bits of dirt getting stuck in her shoes. She then knocked on the door and waited for an answer. She then heard foot steps approaching towards the closed door, and something went click and then the door flew open.
"Oh hello dear, come in, come in, all this dirt is going to ruin that beautiful dress of yours," Ms Hannah's voice was soft and kind and she took Luna's free hand and showed her inside. It surprised Luna how Ms Hannah was the only one in Sonagachi that didn't look at her and her father with hatred and resentment, but a part of her understood the women's hatred for the people of the palace as well.

Luna used to visit Alex's house often since she was a kid and Ms Hannah has always been kind and lovely towards her.

"Alex, lad where were you? I looked for ya all ove' the place, go and get these items on the list from the old lady's place at the 'nd of the street." Ms Hannah said to Alex as she took the food in the basket from Luna with a smile.
Luna felt some relief over the fact that Alex will not be there, there was something in her mind only Ms Hannah could help her with. She sunk into a chair and looked around her,

"How are you Ms Hannah," her voice was sad like she'd lost someone that she loved in her life.

"Things are fine for me right now but Is something wrong Luna? You don't sound great." Alex's mom came and sat down next to Luna who was now looking down at the floor.

"Oh yeah everything's fine," Luna answered with a heavy sigh.

"Come on talk to me," Alex mom said as she got up to boil some tea in the little kitchen she had.

"I...accidently read the scroll that my father was given last night by a soldier," Luna said finally opening up to what she'd been holding on to for the whole night.

"Oh and what did it say?" Ms Hannah asked, her heart sinking at the thought of hearing what she was expecting, as she got two white cups out and put them on a table in front of the couch Luna was on.

"It said.....

166 Reviews

Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:08 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Alex

Alex was overhearing the conversation going on between Luna and his mother. The store of the old lady was closed so he had returned earlier than they expected.

"The scroll said...that the king wants me to become one of his women, he wants me to come to the palace for the night of terror," Luna said softly, the lady stopped doing her chores and sat beside the little girl she had seen all these years, as fresh as morning dew. Luna's eyes were down toward the floor.

"Does this mean my childhood is over Ms Hannah? Is it..." Luna sobbed, her tears rolling down her dark brown skin.

Alex's mother hugged her tight. No words were said, they were felt. The silence scared Alex. He knows the pain and guilt his mother felt giving birth to him. He never talked to his mother or asked her about the nights she had to be in the palace where she was wronged many times by the king or the ministers, he couldn't even fathom the idea that one of those bastards could be his father. And now Luna..no.

"Luna yo' listen to me girl. Talk to your father, he can 'top this I am sure." Ms Hannah comforted her. "Once ya enter that palace you cannot return, yo' will have to spend 'our whole life living in this land of shit like us, I don't wan' 'hat for ya! People wo't respect ya, they will kill ya if you 'ry to resist, treat you like piece of garbage. why god why! She is as young as a new moon," Ms Hannah sighed.

At this moment Alex entered the room, Luna wiped her tears and faced Alex.

"I have heard it, why didn't you tell me earlier? Well it doesn't matter now we have got to talk to General Nathen about this, I am sure he will stop this" Alex said to Luna and she couldn't form words, she just nodded. A part of her knew that her father was aware this would happen some day if not this soon...
Last edited by DreamyAlice on Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

386 Reviews

Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:51 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Nathen Damora

Nathen came over to where a young man was standing. He looked just like Nathen just a bit younger. He looked up at his dad and then back down to the sword that he was fiddling with in one hand. Nathen sighed leaning against a wooden poll.
"Peter you've had something on your mind all morning now what is it?" Nathen asked looked at him closely. Peter rolled his eyes turning his gaze away from his dad.
"I don't know, why do you always assume somethings wrong?" Peter argued trying to hide that he was lying. But Nathen had known him since the day he was born and even before then. He new that Peter wasn't telling the truth.
"Listen your not going to be training with some of these newer recruits with that attitude. So either you spit it out, or I'm going to make you pick up waits how does that sound?" Nathen pointed to the waits he then returned his gaze back onto Peter.
"You know I'm not an idiot, I know about the scroll that basically seals Luna's fate," Peter said as he started to then walk of towards the other recruits. His dad watched as he kicked up dirt behind him. Nathen then went to his usual spot when beginning to train.
"Everyone get into a straight line, and when I call out your names step forward," Nathen's voice boomed like dangers through many ears. Peter turned around and lined up with everyone else.
"Peter!" Nathen called out the first name, and Peter stepped forward. "Brenna!" His voice echoed again and the girl from yesterday stepped forward.
"Good, you both will be training as each other's opponents while I assist you, as for the rest of you watch carefully and learn," Nathen order signaling everyone to go the side while they watched Peter and Brenna.
Nathen wasn't to sure how this was going to play out, because he knew Peter had been training for years already. It almost felt unfair, but it might get Brenna to learn more quickly.

166 Reviews

Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:17 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Brenna

Brenna was called by someone to the grounds, as it was training time. She stood on the ground, very aware of her surrounding, her thick black hair tied in into a messy bun. She didn’t have much sleep in the quarter, she was given to sleep in as the people there were talking the whole time, she wanted to get up and ask the few questions she had in mind but she resisted and just faked that she was asleep and listened to their talk instead.

“I would rather die in this camp training, I don’t want to be one of the women of Sonagachi if I failed to become a knight.” one of the girls said

“What are you talking about?” the other god-born girl asked.
“Why do you think only god or goddess-born girls are here in this training camp, they know we are stronger that is why they think we may be of some to their military or we will end up just like the women who are no longer of any use to the country.” the girl replied

Brenna stayed quiet but paid good attention, and she decided as she stood in the training grounds that she got to work hard and join the military. Only that way she could take care of herself and her father.

“Brenna!” General Nathen, the man from yesterday called out her name. She was quite surprised to hear her name this early but was quite prepared to show her skills as well. She saw Peter, tying his natural white hair into a ponytail and getting ready for the fight.

They must be expecting a girl like me to only know dark magic and no nothing of sword fighting, time to prove them wrong Brenna thought

People around them seemed excited for this fight but gave Brenna worried and disgusted looks as she came forward and faced Peter, her opponent. She unleashed her swords and took them in both her hands. Brenna was skilled in sword fighting with both hands and made herself capable of at least protecting herself and the people close to her over the years.

"Good, you both will be training as each other's opponents while I assist you, as for the rest of you watch carefully and learn," Nathen ordered signaling everyone to go the side while they watched Peter and Brenna.

Peter moved forward and snapped his sword forward toward Brenna, she did the same. Both of them bent their knees getting in position. Brenna attacked first which was easily paried by Peter , she made another attack just in time with her other sword trying to disarm Peter. He struggled but with a swift move defended this blow.

“Now, Peter you attack,” ordered General Nathen

386 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:13 am
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Nathen Damora

Peters blue eyes stared straight into Brenna's as he calculated he next move. Nathen watched with a smirk on his face. He was going to enjoy it if Peter got beaten by a girl. He wasn't going to let this happen though.
He suddenly made a swift straight slash with his sword, Brenna blocked the attack and regained her original position. Peter's heart pounded, who couldn't lose. What would his Dad think of him. A failure unworthy of being a soldier. Brenna then attacked him back almost catching him of guard, but he rolled and dodged her attack.
"Focus Peter," Nathen's voice seemed to eco through his mind like daggers piercing his skin.
Peter made another attack that sent his swords tip into the place that Brenna held hers with. Using this as an opportunity he held his sword tight while she tried to maneuver around his sword that was in her grasp. because these where wooden swords there was know cut on her hand, but with real swords she would have been disarmed from this maneuver.
"Brenna your out, remember if one gets to where you are grasping your sword that means your hand would have been seriously cut, remember to guard that area just as much as you guard everywhere else," Nathen advised looking Brenna in the eyes. He then looked back at Peter who was giving Brenna an evil smile.
Nathen wasn't sure what was wrong with him but his attitude was starting to piss him off.

166 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:09 am
View Likes
DreamyAlice says...

Brenna

Brenna felt defeated and had a sense of realization that to survive here she needed improvement and too very fast. She had studied Peters's moves and was quite interested in getting to know him, tho he looked like a rude boy and was smiling sarcastically toward Brenna.

If I need to survive I gotta learn fast, and this boy...Peter yes Peter can teach her the swiftness she lacked and the right techniques.

Brenna thought.

“You need improvement!” Commander Nathen said and then quietly added. “But it will have to do for now. Next!”

As the next pair started training, she saw Peter go towards the tree at the side and sit in its shadow as he took off his armor. Brenna knew what she needed to do, she needed to get to know this boy and get him to train her. She was nervous to approach someone first but she knew she had to do it. The sun was at its fullest potential, it was midday. Her pale skin glowed a little as the sunlight wavered on her face. She opened her sweated hair which was tied in a messy bun. Any person who saw her as a normal girl and not necessarily as a daughter of Nyx could observe her charming features, especially her watery grey eyes.

She approached Peter finally, with the kindest look she could master up and hesitantly started

“Hey there... I think you were quite good in the fight” Brenna said as she stood beside Peter

386 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:37 pm
View Likes
Dossereana says...

Written By Doss Peter/ Written By Alice Brenna

Peter looked up as he spotted a girl coming near him, as she spoke he started adjusting his posture to look at her better.
"Thanks you weren't too bad yourself," Peter said looking at her hair that she'd obviously been messing with.
"Really? Thanks, I'm Brenna by the way, you?" Brenna answered trying to not sound like she was here for an objective of some sort
"Peter, it's nice to meet you, so where you from?" Peter asked digging for information about her. He seemed interested which he often was not, he had malice in his eyes.
"I used to live with my father in the outer part of the forest " Brenna said suddenly remembering the days she has spent with her father before she was snatched to be here.
"Cool, that sounds like a rather quite place," Peter said glancing over at the Commander for a moment before turning his gaze back to Brenna.
"Hey, I wanna say something." Brenna couldn't keep it like this anymore, she never was good at these games. She liked to be direct.
"Yeah, what's it?" he asked waiting to here what she wanted to say.
"You seem nice and very good with swords, I know what you would have heard not nice things about me. But it would be really nice if you..you know..help me learn things faster."
"Yeah sure I'd love to help you out," Peter answered looking down at his watch then back up at her. "Let's train in the evening."
"Well thank you, it went well then." Brenna said as Peter stood up and they had an eye contact and he walked off and gave a wave bye, she waved back quite not certain about him. But it is the only way she can learn faster and get selected, she tries to ignore her instincts she normally trust tells her from the wrong sought of people.
Peter was interested to see how this goes, maybe he should invite one of his friends just for the fun of it. She seemed nice though, almost to nice, but very easy to manipulate for now anyway.

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix