z

Young Writers Society

Pining: Immortal and Multiverse Edition

4102 Reviews

Reviews: 4102
Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:45 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie turned to follow where Death was looking at and gasped. "Are they okay? That doesn't look okay? Did I somehow cause that? I'm so sorry."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:50 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Collabed with @KateHardy

It didn't take very long for said death to take place. The debris ripped through Susie. She barely had the time to scream before she was slumping against the window in front of her, battered and bloody. Time shuffled backwards slightly. They had seen thousands, scratch that, billions of deaths. Every human who had died passed by their eyes. They had seen murder. They had seen war. They had seen car crashes and plane crashes and fires.

But this just felt violating. They could feel the timeline, buzzing in their veins like it was their blood, telling them this wasn't right. This wasn't supposed to happen. Death didn't make mistakes, but this wasn't their Death. This was someone, something else.

——

Death frowned. No. It’s not you. Time’s not supposed to be like that. Something’s wrong. Inside their head.

Death stood up, rushing to Time’s side. Death rubbed their temples, looking into their eyes.
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

4102 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:52 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie tentatively walked over.

"Any chance I could be of some help?"
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

31 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:07 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Collabed with @KateHardy

The scene shifted and suddenly it was... nothingness. There was darkness all around. Darkness so encompassing there was nothing visible. Right in front was a single spinning red circle. As Time watched, a body flew out of the darkness. The circle expanded, turning into a red funnel. The body flew right into it and Time could see that it was in fact Susie. Time frowned, gently approaching the funnel. They seemed to be immune to its vacuum powers, so maybe they could get a closer look. What was this place? Why was Susie here?

Susie looked different. Her dress now looked ethereal, shimmering with a light that it seemed to create. She was gaunt and she was starting to scream, the sound going nowhere in the vast emptiness. Her face was starting to get covered in translucent lines. It. It looked like she was slowly dissolving.

——

Time fell still, their eyes still swirling just as quickly. Death shrugged. I… I don’t know. I don’t know what’s wrong. They don’t act like this when they’re in there. This is new. Wrong.
She/They/Fae

4102 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:11 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie's eyes widened. She put an arm around Death.

"I'm sure they'll make it."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:26 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Collabed with @KateHardy

Time frowned. What? What was that thing? How was it dissolving a person without acid? It was another one of those things they just knew nothing about. After spending hundreds of millions of years knowing absolutely everything about, well, everything that was happening way too often today. Frankly, it was quite uncalled for. The universe had some explaining to do.

Susie screamed louder and louder, her hands and legs starting to dissapear first. She seemed to be trying to struggle but whatever was sucking her in didn't let her move away, only up and down along the surface of the funnel like a painful snow angel.

——

Death smiled at Susie. Thank you. But don’t worry about me. I… I’d know if they were close to death. It’s in the job description.
She/They/Fae

4102 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:30 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie nodded. "Ohh... Sorry. I just. Habit."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:36 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Collabed with @KateHardy

Time stood even closer. Were they supposed to intervene? Reverse whatever was doing this to Susie? It was another one of those things that had the timeline kicking and screaming deep within them. This wasn't supposed to be happening. But what could Time do? Would this funnel respond to them?

There wass a sudden flash of light and a figure appeared on top of the funnel. She appeared to be very distressed at the sight of Susie, immediately kneeling down and stroking her cheek before starting to mutter something that was once again lost in the nothingness. Somehow the funnel seemed to have no effect on this being.

——

Death smiled. No need to apologize. Your concern is appreciated. It’s… sweet.
She/They/Fae

4102 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:38 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie felt herself blush. "O..of..c... course. T..th... thank you."
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Collabed with @KateHardy

Time stared at this new woman. She... she felt like them. An immortal being. Someone who protected some aspect of existence that the universe couldn't on its own. But she was obviously sweet about it. More like Death than them.

If Time would accept any evidence that there was a multiverse, it was this. The existence of someone immortal and powerful that wasn't born to the group that Time, Death, and Life belonged to.

The woman seemed to be strugglging her fighting against an unknown force for a moment before Susie's dissolving finally seemed to stop, her heart and her head the only ones remaining. The woman picked Susie up cradling her tightly and flew off.

——

Death nodded. Of course, Susie.
She/They/Fae

4102 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:53 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Susie beamed.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

31 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:11 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Now that Susie was gone with that immortal, Time stood right beside the funnel, inspecting it quietly. The funnel morphed back into its red circle, starting to spin now. It continued to shine a bright red even though its light couldn't penetrate any of the darkness around it. Time frowned. "What are you?"

The circle seemed to respond to Time this time, reopining into a funnel. It's surface was red and smooth, the opening leading to more darkness. Time frowned. "Are you some sort of... matter deletion? But that's impossible. That violates the Law of Conservation of Matter."

The funnel didn't seem to have any plans of answering. Time stepped closer, rubbing the smooth surface of the funnel. "I've never seen anything like you. Which you should take as a compliment."

The tunnel didn't seem to take that as a compliment because they were suddenl being sucked in. Time dug their heels in, crying out in panic. No! No, that wasn't supposed to happen. That woman was immune! Why wouldn't they be?

Soon they were right on the edge of the funnel. Time tried to fight back, but they soon tumbled onto the surface of the funnel. "Death!"

They were sucked down.

——

Death met her grin. It was nice, talking to someone other than Time who was just as kind.

“D-Death…”

Death whirled around again. It was Time, their head lulling forward. Their voice was barely a croak. They sounded… defeated? In pain?
She/They/Fae

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher