Young Writers Society

The Mystic Beast Of The North

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:44 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

This is a duo for me and @Shady

I'm not sure on the year yet but a hunter is determined to find a mystic beast that is near extinction before figuring out that someone is Hunting her behind the townspeople in order to get away with the Beast but the one thing that the person whos hunting her is that they're oblivious about the beast protecting her aswell, while she protects him.

27 Reviews

Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:44 pm
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she sat down by a nearby tree reading about the different magical beasts that live in these forests, trying to find one that catches her attention "hm..."

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:21 am
View Likes
Shady says...

It was nearing the afternoon, so Aeron was just waking up in his burrow tucked deep into the woods. His entire body itched, the telltale sign that he was about to switch back to his human form soon... hopefully. He was so hungry. But he willed himself to prowl in his den instead until the sun set and he returned to his human state, growling softly under his breath.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:41 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she set the book down and stood up, putting the book in her bag "i'll stick with what i have in mind.." she told herself and walked into the forest

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:44 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron hated the daily shifts. But he hated being a beast more. So he scratched at his neck and continued prowling, watching the sunset from within the safety of his den. His brain felt too thick and heavy for human thoughts yet. But soon.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:53 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

as she walked deeper into the forest she looked around with awe, smiling at the scenery and plucked a pink rose from in front of a den that she didn't realize was there since she was too busy enjoying the scenery, she then walked further into the forest looking at the sunset

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:02 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron retreated deeper into his den when he smelled someone approaching and sat silently in the darkness, waiting for the sun to finish setting. He could feel himself shrinking back down to his normal size now, and he was slowly regaining cognition. Enough to notice the fur morphing back to hair on his chest and melting away from his neck, bit by bit.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:09 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she sat on a log next to the den and sat there, eyes closed, smiling "forests are quite beautiful at night..." she said to herself, looking at the sky "yet..it never lasts long"

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:11 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron was relieved to be back to his human form. He silently got dressed and then padded toward the end of his den, hesitating as he realized he wasn't sure where the person had gone. But he was so hungry. He wanted to slip away and go find some dinner.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:14 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she stood up and after she did a breeze kicked up and she giggled slightly and started walking again, but then stopped a few minutes later and sat down next to a nearby tree, pulling out some food from her bag, the food was wrapped in foil, she unwrapped it and took a bite out of the sandwitch she made before she went on this journey and sat there, eating her dinner

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:18 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron wandered out of his den once he was satisfied no one would see him, then started walking towards the very distant town. There was a little diner he liked visiting when in his human form that served excellent blueberry pancakes and he was eager to get there.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:23 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she looked around and didn't realize how dark it was until she was done eating and walked back towards town and out of the forest

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron hesitated when he realized there was a woman walking a few dozen yards ahead of him. He wasn't as keen in his human form as he was his beast form. But he didn't want to startle her. He was well-aware he was a massive strange man now even if he wasn't a beast. Best to just wait and let her move on. Hopefully she didn't notice him. Or, at least, that she wouldn't get frightened if she did. He gave her some space.

[they/he]

27 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:28 am
View Likes
NothingMore905 says...

she was zoned out and didn't realize where she was walking, she was too deep in thought and tripped over a rock, falling forwards and sat up "ow..that hurt..i need to pay more attention to where i'm walking.." she stood up brushing herself off

935 Reviews

Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:30 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aeron bit his knuckle, not sure whether to follow his impulse to go check on her or continue hanging back. He hesitated a long moment then decided on a compromise, making his voice as gentle as he could while being sure it'd carry. "Are you okay, miss?"

[they/he]

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath