Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:48 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

A neat freak meets a girl who can turn into a wolf. A reformed assassin encounters a bubbly kid who can't stop talking to save his life. A head-in-the-clouds inventor runs into an angry army general. And three other groups are forced together with the sole purpose of causing chaos.

They've been brought together to aid in a game of love they didn't know existed—a game between AIs.

~O~

Three worlds. Twelve characters. One lovesick AI.

What happens when worlds collide?
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:09 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Raina Hernández
Pronouns: she/her
Appearance: brown hair, deep brown eyes, glasses, generally has a serious expression. Average height, but seems taller because of her posture. https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... G_5190.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... G_5191.png
Personality: confident-bordering-on-arrogant know-it-all who tends to boss people around while subtly showing off her intelligence. Is mostly an expert on whimsical things, though, so does well at Dewspire, but not necessarily in real life. Loves sarcasm and casually insulting people (making fun of Will is one of her favorite activities).
Background: Grew up with two ambitious parents who didn't particularly want a child (or perhaps they simply didn't anticipate how much work one would be). Raina spent most of her time with her aunt, who bakes absolutely amazing lemon cakes.
Other: Can absorb the contents of books (like speed-reading, but even faster), at the cost of her health.

Raina

One moment Raina was casually browsing books in the restricted section of the library, and the next, she was lying face-down in dirt. Unfamiliar dirt.

Raina groaned as she picked herself up. She brushed the dirt off her glasses and frowned at the twigs and dead leaves covering her hands. “This doesn’t seem like the forest near Dewspire…” she muttered.

So where the heck was she? And how soon could she get back to Dewspire and kick Will’s butt in Whimsical History?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Neptune
Pronouns: Changes, they/them if unsure
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202208/1 ... nlRign.png
Personality: Very booksmart, takes things literally, and seems to stay mostly neutral with bouts of intense emotion.
Background: Neptune was raised by two human bakers where they lived in their basement along with their older brother Saturn. Grew up with their existence slightly illegal (long story), so their experience in the real world with people is negligible. They met their best friend, Cyra, when they were fourteen.
Other: A little inventor and avid lover of scii-fi (Saturn reads to them)

Neptune’s face was covered in dirt. There was dirt in the Mist, plenty in fact, but it was immediately obvious that he was definitely not there anymore. His hands brushed against gnarled tree roots and plants squeezed between the buttons on his shirt. Groaning, he sat. A bird sang in the distance, but other than that it was quiet. The woods, most likely, but why would Neptune be in the woods.

“My cane. Where’s my cane?” He brushed himself off and stood. Without his cane, he wouldn’t be able to navigate. He’d be stuck in the one place until someone found him. And there was no guarantee that someone was friendly. He felt around the ground, searching for the familiar polished finish. “Where is it?”
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:50 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina sighed. Well, the first step when finding oneself mysteriously transported to an unknown place was to examine one’s surroundings. Raina glanced around.

“Trees, trees, more trees, oh a bird! And trees, more trees, and dirt.” Raina frowned. Okay, well, that first examination was rather unhelpful. She supposed the logical next step would be to explore a specific direction. But Raina didn’t particularly enjoy walking in circles, so she thought for a moment, then scratched an arrow into the dirt. She set off in that direction.

Raina hadn’t been walking for more than a few minutes when she spotted the gleam of something that was most definitely neither a tree, a bird, or dirt. She stepped to the right and bent down to examine the object. “A cane?”
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:00 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune stumbled forward, catching his foot on a branch and tumbling to the floor. He yelped in surprise sending a shower of dirt skittering across the forest floor.

A little bit to their left, a voice echoed from the forest. “A cane?”

Neptune scrambled to his feet. “Do you see a cane? That’s mine! Could you please hand it to me?”
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:20 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina blinked in surprise. Another person? She picked up the cane and searched for the source of the voice.

A couple steps later, Raina found herself face-to-face with… someone. She stared at their blue skin. “Is your skin dyed?” She glanced at the cane, then back to the person’s cloudy eyes. “Oh. You’re blind?” Raina held out the cane.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:28 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune awkwardly fumbled around the air until he grabbed the cane. “Thank you. And my skin isn’t dead. I’m very much alive, just blind.” Neptune held his cane with the tip on the ground. “I don’t know you. I’d ask if you were a guard, but I doubt a guard would give me my cane. So, what’s your name?”
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:38 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Raina pursed her lips. Names were powerful… but perhaps a version of her first name would be alright. “Call me Rain. What about you? What’s your name?” She glanced around the forest. “And how much of a threat are those guards you mentioned?”

Spoiler! :
A version of her first name, she says— and then Raina just chops off an ‘a’ xD
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:43 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“My name is Neptune.” He leaned against a tree, drawing his overcoat tighter over his body. “And the guards are a threat if you’re not human. You sound human, but your accent is strange. I’ve never heard one like it before.” He gripped the cane tighter. “At least, I’m mostly sure you’re human. You’re too short to be an alis. You don’t creak like a subterra. I suppose you could be an Ukayan, but that doesn’t feel right.”

Spoiler! :
If it works. XD
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:46 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

“Wait, what?” Raina frowned. Was this person making up words to confuse her or something? Or… No. Multiple worlds couldn’t exist. There was absolutely no evidence for it! That person whose whimsy was supposedly peering into alternate dimensions had been proven to be a scam. “Is this some kind of prank?” Raina asked suspiciously.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:51 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune cocked their head to the side. “Prank? Oh heavens, no. The guards out here are deadly serious. You definitely must be human if you’re unfamiliar with them. Well, consider yourself lucky. They’ll leave you be, then.”

He sighed. “Though I suppose it is always hard to learn what’s happening to us nonhumans, especially with how we’re talked about in the cities.”
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Nonhumans. Right." Raina raised an eyebrow. "Is this another planet? Have a secret group of humans colonized this place?" Raina thought for a moment. Space travel certainly wasn't implausible. Of course, it'd be difficult to keep something as interesting as that a secret, but she was sure it could be done. It was more realistic than... other options she refused to consider.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:58 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“Secret colony of humans?” Neptune laughed. “I’m not sure where I lost you, but you’re still on Earth. You’re still the vast majority.”

He sighed. “Are you a guard stalling for time? Because, if so, this is the most confusing way you could possibly do so.”
She/They/Fae

243 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:04 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"I'm not a guard, but..." Raina's brows furrowed. She was used to knowing everything, or nearly everything, all the time. If she didn't figure this out soon, she'd-- well, Raina would have to find a source of information like a library or possibly interrogate Neptune on everything about this place. If that didn't work, Raina would be at a loss for what to do, and that would be disastrous. "Is this another country? Have nonhumans popped up somewhere in Europe or something?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:09 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

“This is England, yes.” Neptune fidgeted with the handle of his cane. “But, I know igni are everywhere. So even if you are American, you should’ve at least heard of them. My friend Artemis is from Mexico.”

He hummed, tapping his fingers against his cane. “I don’t understand how you’ve never came across a nonhuman before. Ukayans, I understand. We’re not exactly welcome. But alis? Igni? That’s very odd.”

It felt like something out of a Science Fiction novel. Like this Rain was created by Doctor and let loose into the world without knowing anything about it. The idea of Rain being a sort of Frankenstein did make Neptune’s chest a little heavier. “What year were you born?”
She/They/Fae

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance