z

Young Writers Society

Two Crows Watch from the Gallows Tree (part 13)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:32 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

That was uncomfortable. Ky walked a little faster. A few minutes later she’d made it to Tomhas’s room and knocked on the door.

(Okay I am making a CP for Yeona at long last because I need to for RPMo and I'm also thinking I'll bring her into Of Crows in the nearish future and I am being indecisive about her last name. So do you have input? These are the top contenders and what they mean. If it's not obvious from the names lol she's from my fantasy world but think South Korean vibes~
Seok = stone
Cheong = gentle or quiet
Ryu = willow tree )

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:29 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I really like Ryu or Seok!)

Tomhas opened it. "Hey, how'd it go?" He grinned.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:35 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Thanks ^^ those were my two fave so far too haha)

She smiled. “Good! He’s a really good teacher.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:37 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I can't wait to meet her!)

"See, I told you! He's amazing." His eyes went to her hands, and he frowned. "Are you okay?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:39 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(I’m excited for you to, too! I made an avvie for her a few min ago… the avatar maker really is just shit for non-white characters but it’s so-so)

“I’m fine.” She waved her hand dismissively, even though it was bandaged. “I just fell over. I’m not used to trying to strike… it’s not done like I did it.” She laughed a little, grinning playfully.

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:46 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I still recommend Heroforge for full body pics; it's amazing)

"Ah, fair, fair." He smiled, relieved. "I'm glad you're alright. What did you work on today?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:48 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Fair enough ^^ I was lazy the last time you recommended it and refused to get over the learning curve haha but maybe I’ll play around with it tonight. I’ll be in a hotel screwing off all night haha)

“Well, the strikes, as I said,” she said, leaning against the doorframe. “And some defensive, too. He says I need to work on anticipating him better so I’m going to practice with some of the recruits before my next lesson with him next week.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(It keeps updating and updating and the new stuff is so cool; they have viking stuff at last and a jester outfit!!)

Tomhas nodded. "That's always important. Any idea who you'll practice with?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

(Ahh that’s neat!)

“Um… he recommended Violet… or Snorri… or… Prawn? Pawn? … not sure. I think I’ll start with Violet or Snorri, whoever I run into first… as long as they don’t seem too scary.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:56 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"I'm not familiar with them," he admitted. "But I bet if Bay likes them then they'll be great!"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:57 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

“Yeah.” She nodded. “He said they’re new-ish, too. Closer to my skill level… hopefully.”

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:31 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Ah, that's always good. And he said you need armor, right? Want to go get some today or tomorrow?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:15 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“Sure!” she smiled. That made it harder if she was going to get him a heart box — if he was with her. But. Well. She supposed she had a lifetime to figure that one out. Didn’t have to be this trip.

(Bruh I made a mistakeeeee. My flight just got delayed an hour but they just had us sitting on the plane that whole time but it was only supposed to be 2.5 hours so I took a window seat and I’ve got to piss so bad but my ego won’t let me ask the pretty girl next to me to move so I can go to the bathroom so I’ve just been here suffering for an hour haha here’s hoping we deplane quickly)

[they/he]

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:09 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Oh mannn)

"Okay, cool!" He grinned. "When do you wanna go?"

she/her

935 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

“I’m good for whenever!” She glanced at Narfi then back at Tomhas. “What are you feeling?”

She wondered if Narfi would want to come to the village with them. Would he even be able? How far could eidolons travel from the Keep? She didn't know. But. Well. If Narfi couldn't come, then that meant she was safe from Michael by default... right?

(Oh well. On the plus side, I didn’t have wifi so I was forced to focus on the CP haha I struggled with Yeona highkey so it’s not my best work and I procrastinated and made one for Jerica and Kieran as well. Gonna do separate posts for them because I need independent links to do my Daily Bounty)

Spoiler! :
Name: Yeona Seok
Pronouns: she/her

Appearance:
5’10”, thin, pale skin, dark, monolid eyes, straight black hair. Usually wears neutral-toned dresses and has a neat and tidy — though plain — appearance.

Personality: Very, very quiet and guarded, so it’s really hard to get to know her or to get a read on her at all. She is a calming presence with a gentle energy that is able to defuse most situations and generally makes you feel better even if she doesn’t say anything (which she usually doesn’t). She makes a point of not learning any secrets whatsoever so that they can’t be used against her. She is very kind but doesn’t feel particularly close to anyone and hasn’t formed any sort of attachment to anyone, so they can’t be taken from her. She also generally assumes that anyone who can hurt her very well may, so she tries to make sure she’s entirely blameless in all ways imaginable so they won’t want to. Hopefully.

History:
Yeona was born into slavery and learned from a very young age to be quiet and stay out of the way. She was passed around from master to master throughout her childhood and adolescence, being trained in various household skills. Aleth purchased her when she was 13 to begin shadowing a maid he paid for, and a year later she took over the duties in his household. Her primary duties are housekeeping and cooking, though she also has limited medical training and is able to dress Ky’s and Tadaaki’s wounds, including crude sutures when needed.

Aleth treats her badly, as expected, but is actually much better to her than he is Ky or Tadaaki. Mostly because she has limited contact with him — usually only at meals or when he’s giving her instructions — so there are fewer opportunities for her to upset him. But also because he’s a creature of habit so it’s easier to remember exactly how he likes his coffee than it is to predict what he wants from her when it comes to assisting him in dynamic situations like Ky does. And because she keeps to herself and doesn’t try to draw the heat off Ky (though she also doesn’t add to it — she’s a neutral party who generally wishes everyone the best so long as it doesn’t directly harm her) so she doesn’t invite abuse in that way like Tadaaki does by trying to intervene.

[they/he]

I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm