z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:23 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I'd like to think I can generally take care of myself. I've been around a while." She began to put her tools back in her bag.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:54 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"You don't look very old," Jackson said in confusion.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:02 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"I mean not a super long while. Just a while. I'm not that old." They didn't seem to grasp the mannerisms and sayings of humans very well.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:46 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh." They paused. "How old are you then?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

75 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:03 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

((should be on regularly soon, shifting jobs is weird and it's been so hot and a million other things))

She thought about that for a moment. "Maybe around thirty something give or take a few."

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:36 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(No worries!)

"That's youngish," Jackson mused. "Roland is very old."
"I'm in my fifties," Roland said defensively. "That's not very old, just old."

she/her

75 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:12 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

A hint of a smile crossed her face. "Fifty isn't that old."

112 Reviews

Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:55 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"It's old enough." He shrugged.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:46 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She began to gather her things. The sky begins to change from black to grey as the light returned to the world.

112 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:24 am
Ljungtroll says...

Roland looked toward the sky with a small sigh. "I do wish the sun would peek out."

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:33 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(yws was toast for a couple days there)

She agreed but didn't say anything.

112 Reviews

Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:54 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(Yep that was worrying)

"Are we ready to head out, then?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

"Let's move. Can't waste time sitting around." She looked at the shackles on the ground. "Keep those. If we find an abandoned forge we might be able to make something from them."

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor