Young Writers Society

Cuckoos and Chalk Marks

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I tried—and failed—to process how old his children had to be by human standards. "So is that young by elf standards, or does that mean they're adults?"

There was no other intentions behind my question. I was genuinely curious.

Spoiler! :
Would you be down for moving these two to the next area soon? I feel like the conflict they had earlier has been pretty much resolved, and they're definitely been here for awhile. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:54 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(They've been here all of three minutes but sure, we can move them)

"They're young adults."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Oh, true. >> I meant more of our time than theirs. :P

I mentally filed away that information.

"Huh," I said. I didn't have much to say besides that.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:47 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Fair)

He put his hands in his pockets, rocking slightly. "So, are you satisfied? Want to grill me on my personal life anymore?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:03 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
So I guess we just need to figure out what we're doing next, then. >> We talked about a maze and dream demon all the way back at the end of May here, so maybe we could throw our guys there next? Then we could either throw them into some other setting (like one of their worlds) or end this roleplay.

and start scheming up a new one

I thought for a moment.

I could have kept using this place to my advantage, but no questions came to mind when I tried to think of them.

"I'm good," I decided, and the crystals glowed strongly at that. I really didn't have anything else to ask. After a pause, I studied Sorenson's face. "What about you? Got any last questions you're dying to ask me about?"
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:15 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(That could work. I thought you wanted to use this room to interrogate Sorenson a little more, but we can hit the climax of the rp if you want)

"Absolutely none," he said with a grin. "Questions beget questions."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Okay! I think I might have when we originally started this scene, but I can't think of anything else that Skull would ask about in a way that feels natural to how the conversation is going. Is there anything else you want to do before we switch settings?
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:19 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Nope I'm set)

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:13 pm
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Great! Off to the maze we go. :)

The maze I saw in that D&D video had one person able to see the entire maze and the other person blindfolded, so they had to listen to the first person's instructions. Do you want to do something like that here? The blindfold might not be necessary—we can also have the person on the viewing side be able to see certain dangers instead of the second person not being able to see at all, which would still force them to rely on each other.

We had apparently passed whatever trial this place was supposed to be built around. As soon as the words left Sorenson's lips, a pair of doors appeared on the wall opposite of the one we had come in through. The two doors were identical. I had a sneaking suspicion we were supposed to each pick one.

"...Those can't be the way out, can they?" I asked, incredulous. It would make sense, but it just felt too easy.
mage

queer and here.

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton