z

Young Writers Society

Majikel Goyls

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:39 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Planetary domination! An intergalactic alien empire has its eyes set on the Milky Way, and plans are already in motion to reduce the beautiful planet Earth to one of thousands in subjugation!

Are you afraid? Fear not! Defectors from the alien regime have chosen eight champions to grant fabulous cosmic powers for Earth's defense!

Among them Sophia Lowe, the nerdy elastic girl with a holey touch, and Cyndelle Violet, the spooky dark warrior gal with the purest edge!

Will they succeed? Can such creepy heroes be trusted? Tune in and find out, on

MAJIKEL GOYLS

premise conceived by @Magebird and @TinkerTwaggy, written by @TinkerTwaggy and @SirenCymbaline
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:55 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

1: The night began with a spectral scream

The night began with a spectral scream, sounding its deathlike knell across the city that stretched below.
Waves of wind conspired to spread the sound through the landscape of darkness and light, as the crowded maelstrom of people in between briefly stopped to stare up in chaotic unison. There were gasps, jolts and frowns, as well as a cacophony of reactions almost as loud as the passing sound. When it ended however, only a lingering confusion remained; indeed, they had lives, these people, pursuits to take care of. And so, eventually, they carried on with them, under the watchful eye of Cyndelle Violet, sole shadow standing on a rooftop like a secret sentinel on mission.

“Kadaverys?” Cyndelle called in the night.

Right. The familiar voice replied, echoing inside Cyndelle’s mind.

Then, toy dragon, violet in color and small enough to be held in one’s palm, leaped onto her armor’s shoulder guard. It extended its wings and, in a flash of light, a phone appeared in front of its mouth before falling towards Cyndelle’s opened hand. She grabbed the phone and opened it, reaching for her contact list.

“Thanks.”

You’re welcome. I’ll warn you if any of them come over.

“Remind me to switch to mind-talk, in case I forget.”

Alright.

Having found the person she wished to send a message to, Cyndelle did just that.

CytoCyn: Hazel, I’m in position. How’re the Whispers?

Zheal: Hey Essthry! They’re in position, and so am I! I think we can have at least two hours of standby, so, if things get hectic you can just come back and get your recharge.

Cyndelle frowned.

CytoCyn: Good. Small nitpick: wouldn’t you wrote faster if you just said S3? Instead of typing its pronunication.

Zheal: Well yeah, but what if one of ‘em steals your phone and checks your conversations and makes the connection?

CytoCyn: Wouldn’t they know who I am anyway based on the entire conversation history?

Zheal: They’d still have to waste time checking it all. Assuming they care, and assuming they even get past the password.

Cyndelle blinked. That… That made a lot of sense.

CytoCyn: You make a fair point. I might need a second phone, then. Thanks.

Zheal: Always a pleasure. Sick scream, by the way.

Cyndelle let a smile decorate her face.

CytoCyn: You heard it all the way from your place?

Zheal: And my secret is to keep my windows open, wishing to spend eternal darkness together.

CytoCyn: Charmer.

Zheal: ^_^

Cyndelle glanced at the upper corner of the screen.

CytoCyn: 22:05 dropped by.

Zheal: Aw.

CytoCyn: Don’t worry. Should everything go well, we’ll have a moment after the fight.

Cyndelle chuckled as she continued.

CytoCyn: And if everything goes wrong, I’ll be forced to stop by either you or the Whispers on standby to recharge. So, win-win?

Zheal: Win-win. Counter-charm is appreciated. Go get ‘em, Essthry!

CytoCyn: Thanks. I’ll do my best.

Cyndelle pressed a button, and her phone’s screen went black. She threw it in front of Kadaverys, who made it vanish in another flash of light.

Still nothing. Kadaverys informed.

“Good. That gives us time to prepare some more.” Cyndelle closed her eyes and began breathing in and out, enjoying the cool night’s air brought along by the gusts of wind all around her. Then, a faint purple light appeared all around her body.

Alpenss Sensory training? Kadaverys inquired.

You taught me the basics. Cyndelle simply replied in her mind. It’s up to me not to forget them — especially not during my first official battle.

A giggle echoed in her head. It’s nice to feel like taking things slowly is worth it for once.

You’re welcome.

As the light intensified, Cyndelle began to recall what she had been taught.
Alpenss. An energy type composed of thoughts, as well as the shards of emotions associated with them — what gives these thoughts an identity. Once equipped with her Waiyz Host outfit, Cyndelle was gifted with the ability to materialize that energy into physical armor parts or weapon constructs. The difficult part was using some of those as projectiles, since their range was limited — but was certain she’d get better with practice.

Okay. Cyndelle thought to herself. Now… slowly. A darker shade of her light slowly crawled across her body, allowing her to feel the weight of every element of her outfit.
First, there was the purple cape, moving by the wind’s will. By reflex, Cyndelle grabbed each side of it with her arms so that it would cover her entire body, concealing her movements should one of the enemies appear while she was focusing. After the cape, she let the light of her Alpenss focus around a blood red-colored chest plate. She breathed in and out again: as usual, she felt no compression.

Cyn, you’re a Waiyz Host. Kadaverys couldn’t help but intervene. The outfit is always going to fit your body type, stop worrying about this.

Can’t help it.

Continuing, she felt her Alpenss aura separate in two, surrounding her head-shaped shoulder guards. As her Alpenss was active, their sculpted eyes had changed from a blood red color (like the rest of the heads) to darkened green for one, and equally darkened blue for the other. The Alpenss aura went back down towards the torso, traveling through the yellow-colored gems embedded into the armor, right above the belt area. It then separated again, covering Cyndelle’s vambraces, then her metallic boots, until…
...Until…

Cyndelle opened her eyes, gazing at her boots. Blood red. Vambraces: blood red too.

“Dang it.” Cyndelle whispered under her breath.

Cyndelle could always feel the colors of her outfit: as soon as her aura touched an item, the associated color came to her mind. But she could never sustain too many details in her mind, and eventually, she forgot to include them. That was why she had also forgotten about the steel gray-colored spiked bracelets around her wrists, ankles and neck, too — and she was not yet skilled enough to have her Alpenss penetrate through the suit to feel the skintight black suit she knew she wore below.

Don’t worry about that. Kadaverys assured. Your Alpenss will sharpen with both practice and battles.

Cyndelle nodded studiously. Right. Well, we’ll just keep monitoring an eye on my progress, I suppose.

That’s I’m here for. Kadaverys concluded.

Cyndelle gazed at the city below once more, briefly putting a hand in one of the braids of the right side of her brown hair.

The silent watch of the night, and many nights to come, had truly started at last.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:05 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

2: The night began with a spectral scream

A guttural scream tore the air, the night, and all layers of perception between. An open call, spectral in nature, simple in origin. In intent, unmistakable. That wretched throat, if wounded, if woebegone, belonged to a warrior and that warrior demanded to be met.

But Sophia Lowe, fledgling host of alien power, owner of long pigtails and homely cardigans, had more responsibilities than just the safety of her planet. The spectral scream calling her to action had woken her baby brother, and Auntie Rosa was not home yet.

She rushed softly out of her own bed to her crying baby brother’s, lullabies and a copy of The Hobbit on hand.

_____

He was finally asleep. Auntie Rosa had come home. Her homework was done. Done enough. Chipped at.

Sophia was ready for war.

Almost.

On her way to her open bedroom window, she stopped to water her succulent for psychological reasons.

“OH my STARS you’ve got the stupid baby to bed, let’s GO.” Glaphyra snapped.

Sophia ignored her.

This would be a secret war, and thus she had to use thoughts of home to fortify her mind for what lay ahead. She imagined her enemies going out to battle with unwatered houseplants. And there, she could feel just a little rush of moral superiority.

It didn’t last all that long, of course, because the state of one’s houseplants was no indicator of their prowess in battle. But just because that was true was no reason not to take what small highs of moral superiority she could get, right?

...On second thought, that homework was beginning to look like a good option.

“Vassal. Quit stalling and go jump out the window,” said that lofty, important voice in her head.

Sophia frowned. She stomped her foot, and twirled. Around her small pink puffy clouds poofed into being, where they coalesced into a huge soft cloud that enveloped her body as her magical outfit manifested.

A pink crop top with short sleeves, and matching shorts, both trimmed with sweet scalloped edges. Two enormous bows, one on the back of her head and one on the back of her shorts. Simple boots with a short platform. She wasn’t sure if the twirling, or even the pink cloud were necessary, but they helped.

All dressed and ready, Sophia sat in her windowsill and stared very seriously at the night sky ahead. She stared at it seriously until Glaphyra had to yell at her again.

Admittedly, her own nervousness was a problem within itself. She could see that. But the planet was at stake and the alien voice in her head giving her instructions was blasé, and airy, and it lilted up and down like a rollercoaster covered in marshmallows and cream and a metric kilolitre of narcissism.

"Oh, I'm your ticket to victory, baby." said Glaphyra, between slurps of an astral lollipop. "I'm the eldest, I know my siblings inside out. Trust me. Earth's in good hands."

"How many vassals are out there?" asked Sophia, in her brave and serious voice. Crackling was not absent.

“Eight, including you.”

“How much time have they had to prepare?"

"Dunno."

"What powers did your siblings give them?"

"Dunno."

Sophia shrank into the hedge, pulling gently on her pigtails for comfort.

"I need to test my powers more."

"Baby, nooo. This is a war, sweetie. You're a player. You've got to make yourself known-"

"Noooo," Sophia whined softly from inside her collar.

"-And establish yourself as a force to be feared." Glaphyra finished.

"If I debut now, all we'll establish is that I need more practice!"

Glaphyra fluttered her astral eyelashes savagely.

"Baby, at this rate the war will start and end without you and the victors will strip-mine the planet into a sad shapeless husk and you and everyone you love will die aloooone," she sang.

Sophia stood up.

"You're a terrible princess." she said.

Lightyears away, Glaphyra smiled. "Go wreck 'em."

Sophia Lowe jumped out the window. She stretched her arms across the skyline, and seized a sturdy looking pipe on the roof opposite.

She crossed the distance with alarming fluid grace, muscles, nerves, bones an afterthought, her body rebounding with infinitely forgiving elasticity.

Holes rippled into her flesh, like bubbles in pancake batter. More of them, and larger, the further she stretched. Some the size of pinpricks, and some a small child could fit through. Opening with each stretch, and closing seamlessly with each recoil.

Uncanny, yes. Embarrassing, more than a little. But this power had its own grace to it, and better yet, it made the city her playground. Distance was hers to conquer.

____

Thick fog pooled softly where the vassal stranger stood, waiting silently on the roof. From behind, all that could be seen of them was a dark purple cloak and a shining red helmet.

Sophia lowered herself from the line that she hung from, touching down softly upon the roof behind them.

“Evening?” she said, not too confrontationally. Oh, bother. That had been sort of the point, hadn’t it. Oh, well. She had two seconds before the warrior stranger turned around. Two seconds to put on a brave face.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:19 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

3: That, with a burst, sounded its deathlike knell

“Evening.” Cyndelle said in reply before turning back to gaze at her opponent of the night. Cyndelle’s armor was perfectly concealed with her cape. A complete contrast with the other Host: she was a pale-skinned girl wearing a colorful pink costume that revealed much of her belly and legs, alongside boots and two bows — one behind her head and one behind her shorts — floated in the light wind as she glared, or at least tried to glare. Something about the pigtails made that fail.

We need to know if she’s experienced. Kadaverys immediately instructed in her mind. Think you can get us some intel?

On it. “Am I gonna be the only one with armor around here? Feels like cheating.”

“I-I didn’t… choose.” the girl said weakly.

Technically, you did. “You got lucky, then. Outfit’s pretty cute. Really works with your skincare, especially the ribbons.”

“Thank… you?”

“You’ll be Ribbon Road in my head.”

That silenced the girl for just a few seconds. “Tha- I appreciate it.”

“Pleasure.” Should I go for more direct questions? Cyndelle hesitated.

That would be too obvious. Kadaverys intervened. One of my siblings is with her. Whoever it is, they’ll notice what we’re doing eventually and tell the girl to be quiet.

Right. Then let’s just see how she reacts to the following. As if on command, Cyndelle’s cape suddenly burst open, as though an internal gust of wind had requested freedom. An aura shaped like a multitude of black wool balls burst free as a black trident slightly longer than her body made itself visible in her right hand. Meanwhile, a pulsating black net filled with spikes surrounded her left.

“Just so you know,” Cyndelle said as she watched her opponent recoil in surprise, fear, or something else, “I’m not here for murder. I’ll only go for a kill stab if you do.”

The girl contemplated Cyndelle, her armor, her weapons, and her helmet, visibly taken aback by it all. “That’s fair,” she replied with controlled slowness. “Well… I won’t hold back.”

She’s a total beginner, isn’t she. Cyndelle smiled. Same as me, technically. “Good. My chosen name is Spectral Scream. Feel free to call me that if you’re into that sort o’ thing.'' Then, a new armor part appeared to cover Cyndelle’s mouth. “I’m starting, now.”

I think she’s a beginner, too. Kadaverys said. Just go for something simple and see how it goes. Stay on guard.

I can do that. Cyndelle began walking towards Ribbon Road as her net tightened around her hand like a spring ready to leap forward. Cyndelle didn’t know what her opponent could do, so, she preferred to try and be both intimidating and cautious — meaning that blindly rushing forth was out of the question. She watched as Ribbon Road’s breathing visibly accelerated. Then, the first surprise of the battle occurred: she… stretched.

...Wow. Cyndelle couldn’t help but think to herself as she stopped her calculated advance, gazing upward.
Before her, was the same girl, her skin allowing her to reach the size of a small giraffe. Several holes appeared in various places, and Cyndelle couldn’t help but wonder if any of that hurt. She would’ve asked, if she didn’t notice one of the legs of Ribbon Road move back as though she was a soccer player, only to swiftly shoot the air as it stretched towards Cyndelle in an attempt to attack the side of her face. With practiced ease, Cyndelle brought her arm up and blocked the strike, noting that the Alpenss that covered her armor crept on Ribbon Road’s leg as soon as she made contact.

Codename: Antea. Cyndelle thought before she willed her net to surrounded her arm, thus freeing her hand. Ribbon Road seemed to understand however, because she immediately pulled her leg back before Cyndelle could grab it. But the movement wasn’t fast enough: Cyndelle brutally stabbed the leg with the trident in her right hand. Ribbon Road screamed in pain as the skin of her leg stretched some more, creating a new hole as she frantically tried to escape the hold.

Engage. Cyndelle continued. As Ribbon Road gradually shrunk back to her normal size, her skin visibly darkened, while Cyndelle’s eyes shone purple through her helmet. She sent a nightmarish image to Ribbon Road that they could both see: a grassy field in which an army of gigantic blue-eyed ants surrounded the enemy Host, one of which stood right in front of her, eagerly eating her leg. The exact spot that Cyndelle had stabbed. And judging by Ribbon Road’s expression, she wasn’t yet sure if this was real or not.

Okay, got her. Cyndelle thought to herself.

Chest stab or net? Kadaverys asked.

Net. Just to make sure she doesn’t escape. Cyndelle willed her net to cover her hand instead of her arm yet again. She lifted her arm towards Ribbon Road, but the latter struck her chest with a sudden motion. Cyndelle took a step back as a second hit came to her, which made her realize that Ribbon Road was rapidly moving her arms back then forward in a flail-like motion, as though they were whips.

Try a new construct to grab it, Kadaverys advised. Then—

No no, I’ll be fine. Cyndelle assured, taking another hit, though this time she didn’t budge. It doesn’t hurt, my armor is doing its job and every physical attack fills her with more Alpenss. I’m not sure I want her to know I can make more than just a net and a trident.

Net, then.

Net. As planned, Cyndelle released her net. It spread around Ribbon Road until she was fully tangled inside, unable to move her arms. Then, a purplish-black aura laced with matching bubbly spheres surrounded Cyndelle’s body.
Raw Alpenss.
By her command, the Alpenss quickly traveled across her armor, net, and then towards Ribbon Road. It was followed by a series of energetic detonations all around the trapped Host’s figure, further damaging her and making the enduring image she saw even more real. The glow from Cyndelle’s eyes intensified as the mentioned image superposed itself with reality once more.

Cyndelle? Kadaverys called, confused or worried.

Just checking up on her. Cyndelle replied. She witnessed Ribbon Road’s eyes widen and her breath quicken under the weight of giant ants coming one after another to eat a piece of her body until, eventually, several of them bit her at the same time. Savagely. Mercilessly. Predatory growls assaulted the girl in all directions, followed by pain; always, always more pain.
It was one of the many nightmares in Cyndelle’s collection, but unlike Ribbon Road, Cyndelle was used to both it, and the terror caused by it. It was designed to create reactions within others, and through those, Cyndelle could see who they were, and better prepare herself against their resistance — that is, unless their actions were utterly unexpected. At that point, Cyndelle could only feel the habitual compassionate pity always present at the back of her head when she subjected someone to such an experience — especially since this was the very first Host forced into it.
But it quickly disappeared when Cyndelle noticed Ribbon Road performing an unexpected movement. She was… twisting herself. As she trembled and breathed erratically, her torso turned and turned until it was tightened like a solid strand of threads woven together.

Stop this! Kadaverys exclaimed. She’s preparing something! Could you please stop this?!

Cyndelle smiled. Nope.

Tell me you have a good reason!

First opponent, trapped in my net, can’t hurt me with her arms. If my armor can’t handle her, how do I handle anything that hits me with something that is stronger than magic human skin?

That makes sense, so this better work!

Finally, Ribbon Road took a deep breath… and moved her body in the other direction.

The result was almost instantaneous: the sheer force of Ribbon Road’s spinning power overpowered the net, which was quickly torn apart. Cyndelle, meanwhile, could only fold her arms in front of her before she was assaulted by the tornado of flailing flesh that, suddenly, were unstoppable. Cyndelle sustained strike after strike, and though they still weren’t powerful enough to damage her much or even put a single dent in her armor, they still pushed her over and over.

I’ll fall off the roof at this rate. Cyndelle realized. She used the Alpenss from her destroyed net to form spikes below her armored boots, thus anchoring herself in place to survive the onslaught. Not enough. I can do better than that! Tightening her grip around her trident, she planted it on the ground as that familiar purplish-black aura began pulsating all around it. Then, ignoring the attacks from her foe, she placed her other hand on her weapon. A shield of energy materialized in front of her, and it took Cyndelle a great deal of concentration to maintain and strengthen its shape as it was continuously whipped by Ribbon Road. But at last, it formed, appearing as a semi-circle screen twice the size of Cyndelle’s body.

Shouldn’t you have this force field surround you completely? Kadaverys suggested with that quickened tone he always seemed to have when he wasn’t sure of himself.

I’m trying to stay conservative, here. Cyndelle replied in a reassuring tone. This is a battle of endurance now, and I have no intention of letting any more attacks penetrate my shield.

As if on cue, something happened to Ribbon Road’s arms: they seemed to gradually engulf themselves in a cyan-like light. The attacking flesh became thinner, sturdier, and, once bathed in that light around her body, quicker and stronger too. Cyndelle used her Alpenss to check on what Ribbon Road saw: an army of those same advancing ants, being gradually repelled by the tornado she had become. From that girl’s perspective, she was defeating the nightmare she was stuck in.

That’s her version of Alpenss, right? Cyndelle asked in her mind. Another energy type unique to her Supreme Waiyz?

From what I can see, yes. Kadaverys confirmed. It just activated.

Cyndelle cut off her shared vision of Ribbon Road’s nightmare, focusing all her efforts on maintaining both the shape of her trident and her shield. Good. Share the details after the fight.

And you focus on winning it.

It was all so simple: a powerful attack facing off against a powerful defense. For Cyndelle, it was clear that both herself and Ribbon Road were doing their best to overpower the situation they were stuck in because of the other. It was clear that they needed to pour all their energy into keeping up with their respective roles so that they would not lose their battle. It was that very simplicity that made it so hard for Cyndelle to stay completely focused, as her mind buzzed with a variety of uncontrolled thoughts.

How long has it been? Feels like hours. As soon as we’re done, I’m catching her again, then I’ll go for my practiced thing. I should really name my moves and maneuvers. Ugh, I see why that matters so much, now. Is Hazel in bed yet? She’s good with naming, I should ask her. I hope she hasn’t been waiting too long. Should I fight someone else after this? Kad’s probably gonna yell if I suggest it. What if it’s a weakened Host? No no, we agreed to go for just one fight, tonight. I need to wake up early tomorrow. Unless it’s already close to the weekend. I think it was. I must not lose. Not lose. Not lose this battle.

It was when her thoughts finally locked on that one idea that she noticed how the attacks of Ribbon Road were beginning to weaken. Maybe she was changing strategy? Or simply, running out of steam. Either way, Cyndelle took advantage of it. First, she removed the spikes below her boots, converting them into raw Alpenss before using it to amplify the might of her shield yet again. She patiently gazed at the pace of her foe, realizing that without a direct connection with her through the net, she’d have more trouble seeing what happened within her mind. But at that point, it didn’t matter — for Cyndelle already had a plan.

Eventually, Ribbon Road’s spinning finally stopped. She slowed down completely, huffing and puffing as her arms, freakishly long still, laid on the ground like dead tentacles from an equally dead predator.

Alright, my turn. With that thought in mind and a flash of purple light, Cyndelle removed her trident from the ground and, with a newly free arm, pointed an open hand at Ribbon Road as the energy shield reshaped itself into the form of her trusty net. Ribbon Road gazed up when the light shone, a look of worry appearing on her face as she recognized the tool. Cyndelle rapidly shaped it into its spring-like form again and fired it at Ribbon Road, ensnaring her once more. Then, with a stomp of her foot and a powerful movement of her arm, Cyndelle proceeded to violently pull the net towards her, with such strength that Ribbon Road took off from the ground with a surprised scream. Cyndelle replaced it with a gasp when she brought her trident upwards, stabbing through Ribbon Road’s costume and flesh.

Now! Kadaverys couldn’t help but shout.

On it! Cyndelle replied. By her will, her net shattered once more, the Alpenss used to make it separate into particles of raw Alpenss that her trident promptly absorbed. Then, Cyndelle gripped her trident with her second hand and swung it downward, just as a powerful explosion of Alpennss shook its tip, sending Ribbon Road plummeting back towards the ground.

Sorry. Kadaverys apologized.

It’s okay. Cyndelle sighed with relief. Can’t blame you for being caught in the moment. I’m just glad I got it right. That was the first time Cyndelle performed it with an actual human, after all. Smiling to herself, she carefully walked towards Ribbon Road, contemplating her battered body. Despite the detonations and stabs, no trace of blood had appeared anywhere. Whether it was because she was a Host or because her body had inhumane elasticity, any holes or wound she should have kept from the battle simply didn’t exist.

Don’t mind me, just taking it in that we really are… y’know. Abnormal. Cyndelle warned in her mind.

You’ve gotten used to that fairly well.

Yeah. Not completely. But yeah. Cyndelle’s eyes widened behind her helmet as she realized, unsure how she had missed it, that Ribbon Road was staring back at her.

“Guess I don’t need to check if you’re unconscious or not, now.” Cyndelle. “Real talk? And I mean that without judging. You might need more practice.”

Ribbon Road’s expression turned pained. “Th-That’s what I said.” she blurted out. “That’s what I said.” And then, her arms came alive, surrounding Cyndelle at the same time at which Ribbon Road leaped against her until the arms drew several circles around them both. In just a few seconds, Cyndelle and Ribbon Road found themselves stuck to each other, while the arms squeezed them as hard as they could.

“I’m the only one bothered by the squeeze, right?” Cyndelle asked with more calm than she felt. She had been taken by surprise and she could feel the arms’ hold getting progressively stronger. Ribbon Road, meanwhile, provided a simple answer in the form of a nod, and a determined glare.

“Okay. This isn’t a kill stab, right?”

“No!” Ribbon Road immediately exclaimed.

“Right.” Cyndelle sighed. “Well, good move.” her Alpenss flared up around her as she stared into Ribbon Road’s eye. “Worst opponent to use it against.”

Cyndelle let her Alpenss freely surround her body as her eyes shone once more. Then, Ribbon Road once again found herself subjected to a nightmare, this time drowning within the waters of an abject sea monster that simply remained there, glaring at her demise. Feeling herself unable to breath, it didn’t take long before Ribbon Road collapsed on the ground, trembling for a few seconds before all movements ceased as she fell into unconsciousness.

That looked like post-mortem spasms. Cyndelle commented, slightly panicked. Please tell me nightmare-fuel can’t kill.

It can—

Oh heavens no.

—but not against a fellow Host. Kadaverys informed. I don’t know everything, but I know that much. You’d have to spend days with even just a normal human for this to properly work. Well, especially if it’s with a fear they don’t already have.

Okay. Good. Look, Kad, I meant it when I said I wasn’t here for kill stabs. So, you better not be wrong about this.

That’s something I’ve tested, so I'm more confident about this than most things.

I’m both glad and scared that you tested it. She stared at Ribbon Road. Do I just leave her there?

Yes? Unless you had something else planned.

Cyndelle thought about it. Then, her eyes widened, and she allowed a satisfied smile to appear on her face. “...I think… I just found my brand,” she whispered to herself. Kad, let’s go shopping real quick. I do have something else planned.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13