z

Young Writers Society

Kittens and Trouble

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:37 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"You'd think you'd like having strays around." Pratik ran his mouth before he had a chance to think through it. He needed to learn to shut up. Should have shut up. But, "Isn't that kind of what you do here?"

41 words

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:59 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Sandra guffawed. "Oh, you're good. I retract my former statement -- Lillian, dear, he might be a good influence on you. You need to chill out like him more often."

Lillian gaped at her manager. "I-- what-- no, he--"

Now she was starting to feel like the skunks couldn't come quickly enough. This conversation needed to end, asap, and if skunks were the easiest means of doing that then bring them on.

As if some benevolent being heard the desperation seeping from every cell of her body, they finally reached the door that led to the skunk's quarters. "Here they are!" Sandra announced matter of factly, apparently oblivious to the havoc she was wrecking upon Lillian.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

935 Reviews

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:05 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Pratik grinned. He'd certainly never been called a good influence before. On anyone. And certainly not on a little goody-goody classmate whose spluttering made clear that she wanted nothing to do with him.

It thoroughly amused him.

But then the mention of skunks came up again. "How many do you have?"

[they/he]

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Lillian followed Sandra through the doorway into a room full of kennels, cages, and makeshift pens. Usually they would all be full of dogs and cats and rabbits and, you know, normal animal shelter animals, but right now they were all empty except for a pen in the far corner. She rolled her eyes as Pratik asked how many skunks there were. Couldn't he wait a moment longer and count for himself?

"Four, a mum and three kids from a recent litter," Sandra responded.

Lillian tucked her hands into her jean pockets and moved to rest against a wall, observing the skunks. "So like, how do we know they won't spray us, again?"

"The babies can't spray accurately yet. And the mother sprayed Marie yesterday, so she won't be able to spray anyone now for around a week." So saying, Sandra tossed an assortment of dried-bug treats at the skunks from across the room.

"Well that's just, like, so comforting. Like a hug of definitely not-smelly comfort." Lillian backed up towards the door, keeping her eyes glued to the out-of-spray specimen in question.
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

935 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:59 am
View Likes
Shady says...

(Not me, ghosting for 6 months straight only to come back and...)

Pratik shuffled a bit closer to the skunks but definitely didn't push his luck too far. He picked up one of the treats and plopped down with his legs crisscrossed in front of him as he reached the treat out towards the mother skunk in an attempt to draw her closer.

They were so cute!

(Sorry for real, though 😬 This was a big my-bad and I totes understand if you've moved on and lost interest in this by now <3)

[they/he]

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles