"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy stepped out of the tavern and peered out into the street. It had gotten quite late and he was hoping there weren't many guards around at this time of the night. He could see a few people walking about just up the road, but the darkness managed to mask the faces of anyone who wasn't standing directly in front of him.

"I'll be back in a bit boys, don't cause any trouble while I'm gone!" He shouted back into the tavern, as he was met with a barrage of yes sir's and you got it's.

He shut the door behind him and twirled his cane in his hand as he pranced off to the food cart he frequented. As often as it happened, he never remembered to pick up enough limes to go with their tequila back at the hideout. Thankfully though, he didn't mind paying running the food cart a visit.

---

Vincent sat at the edge of the bed in his hotel room and peered out the window. He was still on the hunt for Lordshire, but night had fallen upon the town. Another day wouldn't hurt him.

The Kingdom had trusted him with the task, but made him extra aware that he wasn't to expose himself as someone from the Kingdom. Vincent was used to this though. Most of the missions he'd been on were solo missions, so wearing the symbols from the Kingdom in a town run by rebels would be a dead giveaway. Unfortunately, playing the part of a normal villager was getting harder and harder, and since he didn't even know if he could trust in any of the guards from the town, he found himself in a much bigger dilemma than he had expected.

Still, he'd never failed a mission, and it's for that reason the Kingdom trusted him so much. He was certain he'd find Lordshire, he just had to be patient.
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:18 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir lurked in the shadows of the alley, swishing his tail back and forth as he curiously watched the nighttime crowd starting to thin out. He easily blended into the shadows in his cat form with his dark fur, and he was just waiting to find someone worthy to pounce upon.

When he heard the familiar tapping of a cane, his ears perked up and he crouched down low, peeking out the edge of the alley.

It was Lordy. He hadn't seen him in a long time. What had he been up to, anyway?

Kazimir's eyes glinted in the darkness that the alley provided him, and he slunk out ahead of Lordy, staying just out of sight and walking on silent paws. Then, just as Lordy was coming right up on him, he shifted into his human form, appearing right in front of him.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:57 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy jumped back held his cane in front of him, "WHAT the fu- KAZIMIR? Is that you?"

Lordy regained his composure and fixed his suit jacket, "Why on earth would you sneak up on me like that? Don't you know I'm in hiding? A little warning would have been nice."

Lordy pulled out a flask from his coat pocket and took a sip from it, stretching it out to Kaz once he finished.
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:39 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir grinned knowingly and took the flask, taking a sip before he handed it back to Lordy with a chuckle.

“Oh, come on, Lordy,” Kazimir teased. “It was just a little jump scare. Don’t be such a baby about it.”

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:26 am
View Likes
veeren says...

"Little jump scare today, heart attack tomorrow." Lordy rubbed his brows, "Where have you been anyway? I haven't seen you in weeks!"

Lordy took in Kazimir's figure. If nothing else, he could at least mask Lordy's presence with his enormous size in this darkness.

"You didn't happen to see anyone suspicious running around town on your way here, did you?"
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:53 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir flicked his eyes around.

"I did see a shady figure. About this tall," he said, bringing his hand close to the ground for a second before standing up straight. "Fluffy. Has a cute tail. Meows at you if you're nice."

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:00 am
View Likes
veeren says...

"Hm," Lordy eyed Kazimir up and down, "So I take it then I wouldn't get a meow then?"

Lordy continued forward down the alley, "Take a walk with me, tell me what you've been up to. How are the rest of the... uh- kitties."
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:40 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir nodded and started walking alongside him.

"Oh, you know, just wandering from town to town. Doing whatever I feel like in any given moment. A little petty theft, a little petty drama. Met a girl, but it didn't work out. Coughed up the biggest furball I've ever seen. Scared a few innocent folks by spooking them in the middle of the night. You know. Typical, stuff, really," Kazimir said like it was obvious.

"How about you? How's hiding-from-folks life going?"

184 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:22 am
View Likes
veeren says...

Lordy glanced around out of habit- the streets were still relatively quiet. As they approached the food cart, the man standing behind stall looked at them with wide eyes.

"Hiding in plain sight as usual. I think they sent some of those spies from the kingdom, though, so I'm trying to be extra careful." Lordy said to Kaz, then turned his attention to the man at the stall, "Peter! How've you been old buddy. Your hand feeling better?"

The man tried to hide his left hand behind his back, but Lordy noticed how it was bandaged in a stump when his fingers should've been, "I- It's fine... all good."

"FanTASTIC! Pack me some limes, will you?" Lordy turned back to Kaz, "You gonna be in town long? Or are you gonna run off and ditch me like you always do?"
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:21 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir hummed, looking between Lordy and Peter, with the injured hand.

"I could be persuaded to stick around for an old friend," Kazimir said, bumping Lordy's hip a little more roughly than necessary.

"Though I can't promise to behave."

184 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 am
View Likes
veeren says...

"Oh, I wasn't asking for you to behave." Lordy grabbed the bag of limes that Peter was holding out for him, rubbing his possibly bruised hip, "As a matter of fact I'd like you to cause some ruckus for me."

Lordy looked around with shifty eyes, "But before any of that, care to join me for a drink?"
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:48 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir looked over to Lordy with a glint in his eyes.

"You don't even have to ask," he said with a smirk. "Cause trouble? Drink? Two of my favorite things."

184 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:22 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

"Excellent!" Lordy reached up to, with a struggle, put his arm around Kazimir's shoulder, "I'm sure some of the boys back at the bar remember you from all your old ruckus."

They walked down the alleyway until they arrived at the entrance to the hideout, "You don't think we're being followed do you?"

---

Vincent rubbed his eyes and rolled off of the bed. He couldn't sleep. There was a twitching in his head that just wouldn't seem to leave him alone.

Rather than walking downstairs and leaving the inn, he decided to open his window and scale the wall down to the street, thankfully only receiving a few gasps and stares in return. As he walked down the street, he took in how dark everything was. Although it wasn't his first time in the town, it always caught him by surprise.

Where are all the lights?

It had only been a few minutes before he managed to find one of the only food carts left on the street at this time of the night. As he peered over, he couldn't help but notice the man only had one arm. He tried not to stare.

"You happen to have any fresh mangoes?"

The man looked up at him, "Oh well aren't you a lucky one." He turned around and began rummaging through a pile of fruit he had, "I had to spend a week finding these for someone. They're quite rare in these parts- only really see them around the kingdom."

Vicent's eye twitched.

"Here we go!" The man spun around and set what seemed to be the saddest excuse for a fruit in existence down in front of him, "They were for one of my regulars, and he pays well! Which is good, these things cost an arm and a leg."

Vincent tried his hardest not look down to check if he was joking.

"But you can have this one, it ain't in the best shape so I wouldn't charge you."

"Thank you." Vincent picked up the mango and set a gold coin down on the stand and began walking away as the man stared, wide-eyed.
-Plato's Symposium

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:29 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir glanced back into the shadows of the night, scanning the streets. It helped to have feline eyes to see in the dark, but that didn't make up for his spotty attention span.

"I didn't see anyone," Kazimir said, pausing by the door, and then walking in. "But can't go wrong with being careful. You should have someone keeping watch. I mean, you already do that, right?"

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf