z

Young Writers Society

Beginnings and Endings

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Hmm." skekRa shook his head slightly. That would be possible, but there hadn't been a Conjunction in many trine, even a minor one. But if this creature said so, who was he to disagree? It certainly seemed as if the human had sprung from another world. "You may be right. What does the Ritual Master have to say on the subject?"
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

William wanted to give an answer, but they quickly realized they didn't actually know it. Ritual Master could have been an alternative title for someone they had already met before. It was hard to tell who when they weren't from here.

"I'm not sure," William admitted. "I was never given a formal round of introductions. I might have heard the Ritual Master's thoughts on me being here, but I was never told who the Ritual Master was."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, best not to bother him anyway...unless you're looking for a way home." skekRa retreated slightly, allowing his guard to relax a bit. "Is there something you needed my services for or are you simply soaking everything to do with the catacombs, human? I'm a busy Skeksis."
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

William shook their head.

"I was just observing the catacombs," they said. They made a move towards the door, but faltered just as they went to open it. This place still felt more like home than the rest of castle. William could have tried looking for the Ritual Master, but they honestly doubted that the people of this world would get them home. The Elric brothers would probably come to their rescue. After all, it had been a transmutation circle that had brought them here in the first place.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:57 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Do enjoy them," skekRa said drily. "I can't imagine them having much more to offer other than your aforementioned nostalgia..." He paused. "If you are indeed from another world, the Scientist will be very interested in you indeed. Do you have plans to meet with him?"

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

William paused for a moment, processing the comment.

Was the Ritual Master the same as the scientist? The Elrics would be upset if they ever heard science be compared to a ritual, but William did have to admit alchemy had a more...ritualistic side to it.

"I met with him earlier," William said. "He was the one who gave me the tour of this castle. The scroll-keeper also helped with the tour. I don't think the scientist was all that fond of my explanation for how I got here. He was even less excited about being ordered to give me a tour."
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:50 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Well, don't let him get his claws into you, eh?" skekRa cackled throatily. "Can't trust anyone around here. You stay away from the Scientist, do you hear?" He cocked his head, clacking his beak menacingly. "I would hate to see such a fascinating specimen fall into that butcher's hands."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Whatever warm, vaguely nostalgic feeling that had settled into William's chest disappeared.

They straightened.

"Of course," they said, giving a smile they didn't quite feel. If they had looked into a mirror, they were sure it wouldn't reach their eyes. William could be a good actor when they wanted to be, but they didn't have the heart to right now.

The mortician didn't know. He couldn't have known.

But the part of William that always wanted to be something normal and stop being something other hated how they couldn't ever escape being labeled as an oddity.
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Good luck, human." skekRa turned away, waving a bony hand toward William. "Now, unless there was something else, I'm quite busy."

she/her

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind