590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Metal thing in his...?

Télos glanced down.

"You mean my fork?" he asked. He awkwardly held it out towards Vincent. "It's a utensil. We use it to eat."

He furrowed his brow, a thought suddenly occurring to him.

"...How do you eat without utensils?"
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:22 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

"U-ten-sil..." Vincent pursed his lips, "We eat our food with our hands. You're telling me you're meant to rip apart the flesh of a chicken or cow using this thing?"

Picking up the unused fork on his plate, he wrapped his hands around the bottom as if it was a blade. This is odd. Trying to mimick Télos, he jabbed it into the 'pie' and scooped some of it up, putting it in his mouth. Unfortunately, he must've bit too hard and his ears began to ring as his teeth collided with the metal.

Vincent put the fork down, "I don't like it."
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:52 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos eyed the piece of pie left on his plate.

He probably could have done it when it was larger, too, but it was at just the right size now. Giving a glance over in Vincent's direction - and ignoring the stares of the people behind them - he grabbed his pie with his hands and took a bite out of it.

"You can eat it with your hands, too," he said, his words incomprehensible thanks to the pie in his mouth. He swallowed, then tried to say it again. This time his words were actually audible. "And we also have knives to cut food, but sometimes you can get away with just using a fork if the food is soft enough."
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:44 am
View Likes
veeren says...

"Knife?" Vincent mimicked, "You mean to tell me you have something that can cut through bone?"

His gaze trailed to the side once more. The smell of the meat was becoming overbearing to him, however, he didn't want to be the first one to try it. Who knew what kind of weird animals they had in this world? What if they tasted bad?

"Do you think we could try some of that animal carcass over there?" Vincent asked Télos, pointing with his fork.
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos followed the tip of Vincent's fork.

It would be weird to have anything else after starting with pie, but he was still hungry. Besides, he liked the idea of showing Vincent other foods—it made him feel like he was flipping the script. Usually it was Lex who showed him things; his chosen was already pretty used to Minecraftia's culture at this point.

And when he looked a little closer, Télos saw that there was one food in particular that he wanted to have.

"We definitely can," Télos confirmed. He got to his feet, pushing his empty pie plate aside. "We can get burgers—you just eat those with your hands. I think they're made of cow, but Lex said that they could be made of other kinds of meat, too. Like...turkey?"

...He still wasn't entirely sure what a turkey was, but Lex told him it was like a chicken. A really big chicken.
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

"Bur-ger." Vincent mimicked the sound.

If it meant more meat then he would definitely try it. Back home he'd eaten plenty of cow and turkey, so this would be something familiar to him. Once they approached the plates however, he struggled to figure out what he was looking at.

"This doesn't look like any cow or turkey I've ever eaten," He told Télos, lifting the top of the burger off, "Wait, is this bread? Why is it surrounding the meat? And how did they make it so round? What's the sticky stuff inside?"

Vincent couldn't pretend it didn't smell appetizing, but his curiosity was causing him to be suspicious. He would wait for Télos to try it first.
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 10, 2021 10:54 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos gave the burger a look.

Vincent kept asking very good questions that he realized he didn't really know the answer to. Lex had never given him the history of the burger. But since Télos didn't really know the origin of pumpkin pie despite loving it so much, he had a sneaking suspicion that Lex wouldn't know the answers either.

"I don't really know why it looks like that," he admitted, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "And I think the sticky stuff is melted cheese? I think it depends on what you put on the burger."

He grabbed a plate and returned to their table.

Once he was there, he took a bite out of it. It tasted a little different than the cow burgers he had before; it must have been made with turkey. But it was still good, especially with the little seasoned potato chunks on the side that he had just noticed on the side of his plate.
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu May 20, 2021 5:07 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

Vincent followed Télos back to the table and eyed him suspiciously as he took a bite. Although he seemed to be taken a bit off guard by it, he didn't seem like he was poisoned or anything. Perhaps the burger wasn't so bad.

Vincent chomped down on the burger and chewed slowly. He liked the consistency, it felt oddly familiar too him.

"Mmm," he groaned with a mouth full of food, "I don't want to tie them up anymore. Their food is delicious. Maybe we can just be their friends?"
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 21, 2021 4:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He gave a tiny smile. Télos had been doing his best not to look at the others in the room because he was sure they were giving Vincent and him funny looks, but he snuck a glance at Vincent's comment. They didn't seem like outright bad people, good food or not. Maybe they were just paranoid.

He glanced down at his plate.

...Not that a little paranoia had ever hurt.

"I'm a bigger fan of being their friends," he agreed, looking back up at Vincent. He put his burger down. "I want to avoid fighting whenever I can."
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 26, 2021 9:28 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

"Mm," Vincent continued to chew his food, "Perhaps they know a way we can get back home?"

He followed Télos' lead and began to look around the room. A few people gazed their direction, but most of them seemed to be going about their business and having conversations with one another. He wasn't used to being surrounded by this many people who weren't hostile towards him. Even back in the Kingdom there were people that went rogue all the time.

"Maybe we can head back to that guy over the road after this." Vincent said, looking down at Télos' plate, "Are you going to finish that?"
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 29, 2021 12:53 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos glanced down at his plate.

He still wasn't all that hungry, and he had already had something to eat between the pie and a bit of the burger.

He pushed his plate in Vincent's direction.

"You can have it," he said. "And I think meeting with that guy across the street is a good idea—I'm, er, not sure how much we should tell him about where we're from, but he might know some kind of magic that can get us back to our worlds."
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 30, 2021 1:45 am
View Likes
veeren says...

More food for Vinny. Vincent smiled to himself as he pulled the plate over from Télos and began finishing what was left of his burger.

"Yes, you're probably correct." Vincent said between bites, "It would be best if we still tried to blend in. We still don't know how much we can trust them I suppose."

Once he finished his plate, Vincent pushed it off to the side and stood up. He pointed to door with his head as he looked down at Télos, "Ready?"
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos nodded.

Before he went towards the door, he gave one last look at the rest of the dining hall. The ones in the palace and Hero's base were designed so you had to put your own plate away. There was no magic that took care of it. When Télos saw another person depositing their plate on a rack in the back of the room, Télos followed their example and put away both Vincent and his plates.

He rejoined Vincent.

"Let's go," he agreed.
mage

queer and here.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:01 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

Vincent nodded at Télos. As they made their way to the door, Vincent noticed more and more just how many people had their eyes on them, however discreetly. This made him a little bit more on guard.

Once they reached the door, Vincent held it open for Télos, "What was the leader's name again?"
-Plato's Symposium

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos froze in the doorway.

"...I don't know," he admitted. He almost asked if Lex or Aleks had heard it out of habit, but then he remembered that neither one of them were here right now—and that neither one could somehow hear what he was experiencing telepathically.

He gave a nervous laugh.
mage

queer and here.

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary