Young Writers Society

The Squire

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:18 pm
yosh says...

The Squire

Brought to you by ChesTacos and Yoshikrab

The wizard stood on the rocky shore of Nalgondell, unleashing a blizzard of attacks upon the mighty black dragon.

"Fool! You know you'll never stop me! You will be the last wizard!" roared the dragon, slashing at the wizard, who accepted the blow and slammed against a rock, slumped and groaning.

The wizard, doing his best to feign weakness, staggered over to the dragon. He had seen what would happen. No matter how hard he avoided it, the dragon would kill him eventually. Best to let it happen now. In the future he saw, hundreds of years later, there would be two squires who would bring back the stolen magic.

"You will end now!" the dragon charged, screaming. The wizard, smiling inwardly, relished the spark of hope that was left within him and reciprocated the scream.

With a blast, the dragon feinted and snatched the wizard, crushing him until all that was left was a crunched-up pile of bones and flesh.

"Pathetic," hissed the dragon, rearing and flapping towards west-- towards the setting sun.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:06 pm
yosh says...

@ChesTacos

*Poek poek poek*

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:18 pm
ChesTacos says...

Not sure what I should do from here lol
*boop*

129 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:44 pm
yosh says...

I can start if you want.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:59 pm
ChesTacos says...

Yeah sure
*boop*

129 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:50 pm
yosh says...

Spoiler! :
basically, our two characters are two squires in a castle. let's start from there

Life in the Castle Norofar couldn't be less boring. Or less torturous. It consisted of mopping the floors and more mopping of the floors.

Oh, and there was also the mopping of the floors.

Charlotte thought she had probably the worst job ever. Some of her friends at least got to cook. Charlotte was considered something of a trickster throughout the castle. Whether she was placing cats in a knight's helmet, or if she was pouring too much pepper in the soup, Charlotte was always the one who did it.

That was why Charlotte was always mopping the floors, day in and day out. She suspected that the floors were cleaner than the King's face already.

The King of Castle Norofar was King Copernum IV, and he was descended from the first King Copernum-- the last wizard. Apparently, a dragon had taken all the magic from the world and stuffed it in his belly or something. However, King Copernum had told the residents of Castle Norofar that two squires would rise up to the challenge and defeat the dragon.

Charlotte always fancied the idea of being one of the heroes that stopped the big bad dragon-- she was a squire, after all. The only problem was that no other squires talked to her. She was kind of cast off from the pack. If she didn't talk to anyone, then she definitely wouldn't be the one who would save the world.

Maybe if another squire talked to her, she would be chosen. These thoughts raced around in circles in Charlotte's mind as she obediently mopped the floors, resolving to never play a prank ever again.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:35 pm
ChesTacos says...

So they're servants in a castle?
*boop*

129 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm
yosh says...

ChesTacos wrote:So they're servants in a castle?

Spoiler! :
They are squires in a castle

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:25 pm
ChesTacos says...

Daniel was pretty happy with his life. I mean sure it wasn't that impressive but given that he was once a peasant it was good enough. He mainly served the food that the women cooked and cleaned the castle. He didn't really care much about anything besides getting his work done and sleeping, oh and food. He was a bit of a glutton. He heard the legends about the squires defeating the dragon, he figured it would be one of the more athletic ones who would defeat the dragon so he didn't really care.
*boop*

129 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:30 pm
yosh says...

Spoiler! :
THE ATHLETIC ONES LOLLLLLLL

Mopping the floors, Charlotte neared the Great Hall, where the food was served to various nobles and knights.

so i took another nap

34 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:36 pm
ChesTacos says...

Daniel was serving food in the Great Hall. It smelled really good and he may or may not have stolen a few bites. There were two others in there besides the knights and nobles. One was another boy, George, he was also serving food and the other was a girl, Charlotte, who was mopping the floors
*boop*

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena