z

Young Writers Society

Belecthorian Heaven in a Nutshell

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:01 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Unfortunately, it was not a Dragonheart that stepped through the door first, but-- Carolina. And she looked grouchier than Bianca.

Onkle Peter wisely backed away. "Dream burned the strudel!" He tapped his mother on the shoulder. "Let's go hide."
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:58 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(*poke* When you're ready. :P)
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:02 am
View Likes
Stringbean says...

(Ahh, sorry XD)

Oma Catalina gave him an absently scolding glance and wave of her hand before she went back to watching Carolina come in. "Something wrong, dear?" she asked in her creaky grandmother voice.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:06 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"I'm dead just as my daughter is apparently alive. What's to like?" Carolina answered grouchily.

37 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:12 am
Stringbean says...

The old woman let out a soft "Ah" of understanding and looked down at the knotty head of her cane, cupped in both palms.
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:14 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

(I need a minute. I just learned Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead, and just-- I need a minute.)

37 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:23 am
Stringbean says...

(Okay <3
PM me if you want in a bit.)
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:20 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"And her lover killed me!" she continued angrily.

"He killed me, too," Jean-Noel said quietly as he followed her in. "...Nana?"

"No."

"Grammy?"

"No."

"Gran?"

"I'd rather die."

"Nini? Memere? Gigi? Lolly? G-ma? Grams? Mema? Big Momma?"

"Oo," Carolina said, "I like Big Momma. But Big Momma is--"

"--Norma Jean," Alexia Dragonheart said as she came in, Nelle and Edwin just behind her. She hugged Frederic and waved to Oma. "Norma Jean is Big Momma, and her husband is Big Daddy."

37 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:13 pm
Stringbean says...

Onkle Max leaned against the side of the fireplace and pulled his pipe out of his coat pocket. He lit it and tossed his match into the hearth, placing the stem quietly between his teeth as he watched Carolina, Jean-Noel, and Alexia with a look of amusement.

And then Bianca opened her trap in front of Carolina, which is almost certainly a bad idea.
"I don't see what all the fuss is about-- just pick something." Bianca was nearby at the end of the dining room table, setting out the silverware. "If people would just stick to the way everyone's always done it, it'd be simple. He's your nephew, he calls you Tante. You're a man, they call you Onkle." She glanced up long enough to gesture with a fist of forks at Jean-Noel. "He's your grandson, he calls you Oma! What is so difficult about that?"
she/her/they
acethetic and paronoid
*waves leafy fronds*

311 Reviews

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:23 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

"They're Belecthorians," Angelica answered. "Oma is far too simple and easy for them."

"Is not!" Carolina said. "I just want a name that does make me sound old."

"Compared to whom?" feeble Gerontius asked as he came in. "I dare say, Carolina, you are one of the youngest people here. You certainly look it, at least."

He turned and looked at Jean-Noel.

"Straighten your tie, young man."

"Yes, Uncail."

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil