brought to you by @Necromancer14 & @liberty

*insert quirky signature here*

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:53 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Mary Scott

Mary sat in her class, looking out the window. She didn’t really like math very much, and she wasn’t really listening to Ms. Robbins who somehow managed to talk so boringly that Mary couldn’t concentrate for more than ten seconds. Seriously, we already took our final exams. I don’t see the point of review lessons, she thought. She wondered what her sister was doing right now.

Probably doodling, she thought with a slight grin. Or maybe yelling at someone who annoyed her.

Mary continued pretending to listen to the lecture, but instead of thinking about math her mind wandered over to the party she was planning for the evening, and what makeup she was going to wear. Should I style my nails pink or sparkly silver? she pondered. I think I’ll go with sparkly silver.

As she continued thinking to herself, she heard the glorious bell that meant the torturous class was over. She rushed out of the stuffy classroom and walked over to her friend Claudia.

“Hi Claud,” she giggled. “Is your boyfriend coming to our party tonight?”

“Oh please,” she rolled her eyes. “You just want him to come because you find him hot.”

“I do not!” insisted Mary with fake indignation. They both giggled. Mary chatted with Claudia some more and some of her other friends came over and joined in the conversation. When school was over, Mary had a whole giggling crowd walking with her out the school door.

The next few days are gonna be so fun, she thought as she said “see ya later at the party” to all her friends. Tonight I’ll have an epic party, and tomorrow I’ll be on my way to see my sister at my Dad’s house.

She walked into the bus and rode back to her house, whereupon she exited and went inside. Her Mom was there cooking dinner. She tried to sneak upstairs to put on makeup but her Mom apprehended her and interrogated her about her day at school. After the interrogation she went up the stairs and straight to the bathroom where she began putting on her sparkly, silver nail polish. After that came the lipstick and eyeshadow.

Finally, the time for the party came and she had a great time goofing off and flirting with the boys. Unfortunately, her Mom had to be embarrassing and welcome everyone at the door in an extremely embarrassing, Mom-ish way, while Mary dramatically rolled her eyes.

After the party was over she lay in her bed and watched Youtube videos until she fell asleep, which was some time around 1 o’clock in the morning. And so the day ended along with the school year.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:55 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Magdalena Scott

Maggie fiddled with the keys of the apartment and walked into the front hallway. She chucked her Vans into the mudroom and dropped her bag right beside the kitchen doorway.

"You home, Dad?" she called out, crossing her fingers, hoping he was.

"In here, Mags!" he called back from the living room. Maggie trudged in and flopped on the cozy armchair. "Hey." He smiled and looked back at the newspaper, continuing with his newspaper and iced coffee.

She inspected her father, wondering whether or not to should bring up the topic of later tomorrow when Mary would be coming over. Probably not - he looked tired and he had black circles under his eyes. Nightmares again, she guessed, and work.

"Did you go to your therapist?" she asked softly.

"Hm." He nodded.

"Alright."

Maggie got up and walked out of the living and into her room, grabbing her backpack along the way.

Her father had given her the master bedroom ever since they had moved in to the apartment after The Divorce That Is Not To Be Talked About. Dropping her backpack on her desk, she unzipped it and threw away all the unnecessary things and tucked away the necessary ones under the four-poster queen bed.

She grabbed her phone and sat on the bed, not bothering to change. She was already comfortable in her t-shirt and leggings.

She held her head in her hands and sighed. "Buttercup," she whispered aloud. She checked her phone for any messages from her twin. Mary had said she wouldn't be able to call tonight because of the party she was going to throw.

A sudden nostalgia washed over Maggie. She wanted so badly to be with her sister and do normal things that all normal teenagers her age did, like partying, and gossiping and not-being-so-annoying, instead of moping around like a half dead slug.

She checked her friends' group chat - there were only four of them and the were very close. She sent off a message, asking who's summer was starting to look fun. Soon enough, she was on her stomach, grinning foolishly at her phone, chatting with all of them.

#

Maggie played around with her dinner, shifting the fried rice and chicken with her spoon. "Dad?"

"Hm?" he looked up from across the four-seater oak wood dining table.

"Buttercup is coming tomorrow," she stated, waving her spoon around in one full circle.

"I know."

"Oh."

There was a tense silence, and finally, Maggie broke it. "Are you coming to pick her up with me?" she asked.

"I'll ask Rick to."

Maggie's heart sunk to the bottom of her feet. Just like every year. Suddenly, anger bubbled up inside of her and she got up, threw the silk handkerchief on the table and stormed back into her room like a tornado.
Last edited by Lib on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

114 Reviews

Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:07 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Mary Scott

Mary texted with her sister, Magdalene, as Veronica drove her to the airport. I know it’s been only half a year since I’ve seen Sparrow, but it feels like eternity! she thought, resisting the urge to screech with joy.

She looked over at Veronica. Veronica was Mom’s friend who was taking her to the airport in Detroit where she was going to fly up to Canada to meet her sister. Her Mom hadn't wanted to go because she didn't want to go anywhere near Dad.

Mary frowned. She wished Mom hadn’t broken up with Dad, because not only did it make her life difficult, but her parents seemed a lot sadder now. She stared out the window at the passing skyscrapers.

“How much longer until we arrive at the airport?” she asked Veronica.

“Not long, honey. We’re getting close,” was Veronica’s response.

“Good,” Mary replied.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:42 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Magdalena Scott

Maggie was on her phone, playing Subway Surfers. She was in the car, and Rick was driving her to the airport so they could pick up Mary. The day had finally come. He looked at her through the rear view mirror, but Maggie was too engrossed in her game.

"Magdalena -" His voice was deep and throaty and always reminded Maggie of a dying toad. He even had a wart on his face, which made Maggie think he looked like a toad as well.

"It's Maggie," she said swiftly.

"You shouldn't be gaming on your phone, you'll get carsick," he advised.

Maggie didn't say anything but annoyedly put her phone in her purse. "Happy?"

Rick smiled.

Maggie rolled her eyes.

She looked out the window and furrowed her brows. There were no trees. Just hills and plains and hills and there was a windmill at one point as well. Usually, whenever Maggie had gone to the airport with Rick, they had always passed trees and only trees. All there was in this part of Toronto were trees.

Rick continued driving as he whistled and Maggie suddenly felt a ginormous knot in her stomach. She wanted to call the police or her dad because she felt extremely uncomfortable with this man who was driving to God-knew-where.

"Where are we going?" she croaked.

"Airport."

"We're not going there are we?" Maggie whispered, fumbling to get her phone out of her purse. Nine one one nine one one nine one one nine one one, rang through her head again and again.

Rick's arm whipped back and extended to double the length and width, which wasn't much, but still very gross. The first thing that came to Maggie's mind was Elastigirl. In this case, Elastiboy. Maybe even Elastiman.

He took the phone from her shaking hands with his stretchy ones and swallowed it whole.

Maggie screamed.

114 Reviews

Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:27 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Mary Scott

Mary squirmed about in her chair, as her bottom was getting a tad sore. She accidentally brushed the screen of her phone, causing her to miss the pigs’ base by a mile in Angry Birds. Mary was feeling extremely impatient. The last five minutes of the trip seemed to be lasting longer than the whole six hours beforehand.

I’m dreading to think how bored I’ll be on the plane, she thought, as they finally arrived at the airport. She walked in with Veronica who insisted on holding her hand.

“I’m not a toddler. You don’t need to hold my hand,” Mary insisted.

“It’s a good idea, nevertheless,” replied Veronica, who grabbed her hand in a vice grip.

“Ow! No need to squeeze so hard. Jeez…” muttered Mary.

“Sorry,” said Veronica, rolling her eyes.

After going through all the security, Veronica walked with Mary and they went out onto the... runway? Mary frowned. Where were they going? She hadn’t flown on an airplane since last year, but she was pretty sure that she hadn't walked out onto the runway.

They began walking to what looked like a private airplane.

What is going on? I’m pretty sure Mom didn’t charter a private airplane. That would’ve been way too expensive... I think? Mary was very confused, and she gave Veronica a confused glance.

“Don’t worry dear, everything is perfectly normal,” Veronica assured her, while somehow managing to hold Mary’s hand even tighter.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Magdalena Scott

Rick laughed. It was a soft laugh, unlike his voice. Maggie screamed again and let out a string of curses. "There's nothing too worry about, kid," Rick said.

Maggie shrieked. "I'm in the middle of God-know-where, with some freak who's arms are like rubber and who just ate my phone and THERE'S NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?" Maggie was a mess now. She was clutching her wallet tightly and was scrambling to the door.

"Nuh uh uh." Rick looked through the rear view mirror. "Don't try that, Magda -"

"It's Maggie!" she yelled at him. She took off her shoe and started hitting him continuously on the head. His head was like memory foam. Her stomach lurched. Rick laughed again.

Maggie got a very unsettling feeling inside of her. "Where's Mary?" she croaked. "Where's Mary, you creep?" she barked.

"She should be okay. The E.O. are after you, not her." Rick suddenly drove to a halt. "You can come out now."

"Are you okay? Are you wanted for kidnapping girls? Do you have some problem? Are you -" Maggie started rambling. "Also, if my sister is not okay, I swear on her life I will make sure to destroy you and your gang." She growled.

No matter how badly she wanted to do the exact opposite of what Rick was saying, she had to get out of the car. There was no way she was staying in there.

"Follow me," Rick ordered, and turned around casually as if he was some mother duck and Maggie was just going to follow. Heart thumping like mad, Maggie quickly came up with an idea. She would drag her toes on the ground with every step she would take, so that way, if anyone passed by here - which was very unlikely but you never knew - and saw the trail she had made, they would hopefully hunt her down.

She crossed her fingers, recited a quick prayer, and followed.

114 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:36 pm
View Likes
Necromancer14 says...

Mary Scott

Mary buckled up in the private jet plane, wondering why on Earth her mother had picked such an expensive way to travel. She also wondered why there were armed people sitting in the backseat.

"Veronica, I didn't know you could fly a plane," Mary remarked to pass time.

"There are many things you don't know about me, dear," replied the glamorous woman.

Well that's reassuring, thought Mary sarcastically. She turned her head and looked out the window as her unease grew. She hated being uneasy; it made her get all sweaty and caused her stomach to be disagreeable.

She looked back at the armed blokes behind her again, and at Veronica's sly smile. Something was VERY wrong here.

"Veronica..." she paused. "I'm not being, um, kidnapped by any chance, am I?"

Veronica laughed, and at first Mary felt her unease start to go away. But then Veronica began talking.

"Did it take you all this time to realize? Of course you're being kidnapped. Isn't it obvious with the weapons and the private plane?" Veronica laughed again. "It's for your own good though, dear. You see, you're in danger."

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov