Show Business

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren Carter

Wren mirrored Jeff with a deep breath of her own.

"...It was at the theater," she said. "I realized back in the park that you might have been my age, but then you said you were looking for me. And I, um..."

She faltered, her gaze dropped down to the ground.

"...You're my only friend," she quietly admitted.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Jeff Jonsin

“Me?” was the first word out of his mouth.

He felt like crying all over again, but at least this time it would be more from happy feelings and not being startled out of his entire mind.

“I’m honored to be your friend. And I’ll try not to cry more because I might be running out of the paper towel roll.”
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren Carter

"It's okay," Wren reassured him, sniffling a little, too. "There's more out in the kitchen."

She started to make a move for said kitchen, but then she realized that Jeff was still dressed as Jewel. She glanced around her room. She was sure Jeff could run back to his house and come back here quickly, but she also had a few outfits that might have been his size hiding around her room for when she was shapeshifting and needed an extra set of clothes to fit in.

"...I have some clothes you can change into," she shyly said. "If you...If you want to hang out for a bit and don't want to keep wearing your Jewel outfit. My parents know that I'm The Actor, but I know you might want to keep your secret identity a secret."
mage

queer and here.

414 Reviews

Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:39 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Jeff Jonsin

“That would be much appreciated,” Jeff said, nodding. “Some clothes besides a skin-right suit sounds good,” he added, with a bit of a laugh.

He had been feeling a bit sweaty all over when he was looking and waiting for some kind of sign from Wren.

“I mean, your parents are great and all, but mine haven’t really noticed, mostly just a couple of cousins, so they should probably find out first.”

Jeff yawned into his palm, blinking away the sudden rush of tears. “Wow, can I just say you have a cool room?”

He took out his phone to take a couple of pictures for later reference. His mind still felt a bit muddied by the crazy turn of events over the last few minutes. He had a friend for a superhero! So cool!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Wren Carter

Her face turned bright red at the compliment.

"Thanks," she quietly said, ducking her head down. She already had to look down to get the spare clothes out from underneath her bed, but Jeff's compliment made her look away much faster. "Your room must look pretty cool, too."

She quickly pulled the plastic storage container out.

It took her a moment to find something that Jeff wouldn't feel uncomfortable in. Most of her clothes were for Adrian Black, and Adrian wore all dark clothes - something she couldn't imagine Jeff doing. Especially not with the leather jacket. Thankfully, she had a light-colored t-shirt and faded blue jeans tucked underneath all of the other clothes. That wouldn't be too bad, right?

She pulled them out and held them out to Jeff.

"The bathroom is down the hallway on the right," she said, giving him a tiny smile. "I can show you where it is, if you want."
mage

queer and here.

414 Reviews

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Jeff Jonsin

Jeff smiled in response.

“That would be great, thank you,” he said, grabbing the pile of clothes. “I guess if you’re ever in need of clothes as The Actor, I can pay back this favor.”

He changed quickly, admiring how soft the materials felt. His regular outfits consisted of whatever he could find paired with a jacket, so this was rather nice.

Tucking his disguise under his arm, Jeff walked back into Wren’s room.

“Since I’ve never met another person with powers, er, well, I have, but you’re the friendlier type, I wanted to ask if you remembered when you got your powers.” He eventually stammered out the question.

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42