The Alders

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Valerie

"Oh, shut up," Celeste snapped, looking at her mom.

"You shut up!" Val yelled. "You're younger than me, you should learn to respect people elder than you." She looked down at the woman who had apparently abandoned her own child. "I'm glad you didn't bring me up and turn me into a stuck up child."

Val's insides burned. Her anger flared and she felt like a tornado about to ruin a whole city. She might as well have walked out of the mansion and screamed at everyone to get out of her sight.

There were a few decoration pieces on the coffee table. She took the first vase and threw it across the room.

Celeste jumped up and yelled, "I'll show you shut up," just as Janine sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Both of you be quiet, I have guests. Oh for God's sake, go away Valerie. Come back this evening and we can discuss this over dinner, how does that sound?"

"That sounds like utter garbage." Val stormed into the kitchen and yelled at all the ladies to get out. The ladies stared at Val as if she had three heads, not at all afraid of the small girl. "Janine, who is this?" one called out.

Val face-palmed and kicked one of the chairs the youngest-looking lady was sitting on and strode out of the kitchen, her face a deep pink now.

Janine chased after her, her shoes tapping loudly. "Ignore her, I'm sorry," she shouted as Celeste barged though, catching up with Val.

Val seethed again. "Ignore me, ignore me, ignore me," she muttered under her breath. "Like you did all your life," she glared at Janine. The ladies were horror-struck. Val glared at them. "What are you looking at?" she snapped. She turned on her heel and opened the cupboards. Anything, she hoped, anything I can break.

There were wine glasses lined perfectly in one of the spotless shelves. She took one out and dropped it on the ground.

At that moment Celeste grabbed Valerie's wrist and dragged her into the hallway, away from all the nosy ladies. "Who the heck are you?" she snapped, digging her nails into Valerie's wrist.

Val twisted her wrist out of Celeste's hand angrily. The temporary scar cooled her down somehow. Her heavy breathing slowed. "Water," she croaked. "Please." She leaned on the wall and slid down to the floor.
*insert quirky signature here*

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:56 am
View Likes
LadyBug says...

Celeste

Celeste felt anger bubble up inside her. This weird girl invited herself in, insulted her mother's parenting skills, demanded respect, ruined her mother's reputation, and started asking for water.

Celeste leaned down and slapped Valerie. So hard her hand burnt, "Shut up."

Valerie's eyes watered for a second but she blinked hard. She got back up. "You asked me for a drink when I came in, and now I'm asking for one. Will you not be hospitable to your guest?"

"You lost that right when you smashed my mother's wine glass and our antique vase," whispered Celeste, feeling her face harden. "If it were up to me I'd kick you out right now."

She noticed a flock of the middle aged ladies watching them with shocked eyes. Celeste could almost see the articles and rumors. She grabbed Valerie a bit more gently and pulled her into a room, letting her mom in and closing the door.

"What the heck is going on here?" she asked.

There were plush couches but Valerie didn't sit. There was a jug of water that looked very refreshing but she didn't drink it. She stood in the middle, her hands shaking slightly.

Celeste wanted to snatch it away before she could drink it, but refrained. Janine looked between the two girls, her face worried. "I need to let my friends out, can I trust you too to not kill each other while I'm gone?"

Valerie remained quiet so Celeste spoke. "Sure."

Janine left the room, leaving the door slightly cracked. That's when Celeste pounced. "What is your problem?"

"You can ask your mother," Valerie said with annoyance.

Celeste glared. "I'm sure my mother wants nothing to do with you."

"Of course," she snapped.

Celeste stared at her, wanting the silence to eat away at her mind. Before her tricks could have any effect on the girl, Janine walked back in.
"the wedding was charming if a little gauche; there's only so far new money goes.... it must have been her fault his heart gave out"

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:16 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Valerie

Val watched Janine awkwardly shift on her feet and stared right through her soul, waiting for her to explain why it took her so long to get back. "I told them I had a few family problems, and they understood, and weren't stubborn about it." She looked at Val. The young girl scowled.

"Explain."

"I did. I told them -"

"That's not what I meant. I mean what -"

Val was interrupted by Celeste stepping forward and glaring at her mother.
*insert quirky signature here*

I don't have much knowledge about marsupials.
— ForeverYoung