Eyelam

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:46 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Audrey

She got to her feet, all the joy drained from her heart. "I'm stuck in some world galaxies away." she mumbled. "Wow."

Audrey sighed. Where had her manners gone? Clarice had just offered to protect her.

"Thanks Clarice." she smiled forcefully. Then stared at the dead Abbie with dread. "What now?" she asked, her voice just below a whisper. When she realized she had been too quiet, she repeated her question louder this time.
*insert quirky signature here*

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:12 pm
View Likes
4revgreen says...

Clarice
“First, we bury that disgusting creature. The Abbies get even more vicious after finding one of their own destroyed like that.” Mikey replied to Audrey’s question, tucking the flare gun back into his backpack before swinging it onto his back.

Clarice gritted her teeth. “You’re not gonna like the next bit. The Abbies will stay off of our trail if we smell like them. So we’ve got to, uh, cover our wrists and necks in its blood.”
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Audrey

Not gonna like the next bit, was an under-exaggeration. Audrey blinked at Clarice then glanced down at the Abbie. "Seriously?" she whispered. "I've gone from walking in a park to digging a grave for a monster?"

Rustle.

She snapped her head back in the direction of the noise - it was a bush. "It had to be a bush." Audrey muttered while shuffling noiselessly behind Mikey. She glanced at Clarice. She seemed more reckless of the two so she stayed put behind Mikey.

The bush rustled again.
*insert quirky signature here*

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest