z

Young Writers Society

Gay Ghosts

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Syl waited until they were a good distance from the girl before speaking. "H-hey! Why are you in my friend's body. They wouldn't appreciate it. They don't like being possessed!" Syl was about to cry, his eyes watering quite a bit. "They told me so!"
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm
Mageheart says...

...What?

Eli blinked and stared at their friend. Why was Syl saying that? Better yet, Syl was actually alive-er, dead. But it wasn't just a dream! Syl was really here, even if he didn't know it was them right now.

"Syl, please don't cry!" Eli begged. "I'm going to start crying if you start crying, and then I won't be able to say anything."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:43 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

It took Syl a moment to realize how the man inside of Eli knew his name. "But... You were... Are you a mystery?" He looked confused as all hell. "Was that the secret you were hiding?"
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:45 pm
Mageheart says...

Eli gave a tiny nod.

"It was," they admitted. "I was going to tell you, but I was waiting for a better time to. It's, um, a little complicated..."
mage

queer and here.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:53 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Syl hummed a bit. "So... are you dead then?" He knew Eli also could have also just received the powers somehow, and that was more likely given the fact that he hadn't heard anything about his friend, but he figured he'd ask anyway.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:16 am
Mageheart says...

The thought that someone might guess they were dead hadn't even crossed their mind - Eli was just so used to accepting that they had an apparition form and a human form that they forgot it wasn't the normal way apparitions and mysteries worked.

They frantically shook their head.

"I'm not!" they reassured Syl. "I'm alive. I just have apparition powers now. It's temporary - just until I graduate - but, uh, yeah. I have them. I got them from one of the Clock Keepers. He saw me in trouble, and offered me his powers..."

They faltered.

They didn't want to mention how they almost died, and didn't want to mention what happened to the Clock Keeper that had made the sacrifice. Eli had barely come to terms with both of those things themselves, and they weren't ready to deal with Syl's reaction to it.
mage

queer and here.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:59 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Syl nodded, and sat down on the grass. He tilted his head to the side has he thought. Eli had been in trouble?

"The way you see is insane. How do you focus? There are so many details!"
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 am
Mageheart says...

Eli gave a tiny smile at that.

"There is a lot of details," they agreed. They sat down next to Syl. They were torn between staying as their human self or switching to their apparition self - now that Syl knew the truth, did it really matter what form they chose?
mage

queer and here.

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:00 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"It gave me a headache," Syl rubbed his forehead, massaging it almost, and then proceeded to flop backward in the grass, laying on his back now.

"Got a new roommate yet?" He asks, laying on his side and looking up at Eli. He rested his hand on one of his arms and pulled his cloak around himself, a bit cold.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:23 pm
Mageheart says...

Eli followed Syl's lead a second later: they laid down on the ground next to him, rolled over onto their side, and looked right into Syl's face. "I haven't," they admitted. "They were supposed to give me one, but it just never worked out. I don't know why."

They thought for a moment.

"I don't spend a lot of time there, anyways," they hurriedly added. They didn't want Syl to feel sad about their lack of a roommate. Syl had been their roommate, after all. With him gone, Eli was all alone in their room. "I'm usually up in the clock tower."
mage

queer and here.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:29 am
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

Syl hummed. A frown covered his face for a mere moment.

"I'm surprised Ruthie didn't want to room with you. How's she doing anyway?"

He gently picked at the grass in front of him.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:59 pm
Mageheart says...

Eli took a deep breath.

"...She's doing as okay as she could be doing," they replied. They glanced over at Syl, watching as he picked at the grass. "Things have changed a lot since you were gone-"

An idea suddenly came to them.

Eli shot up to their feet, their form shifting from human to apparition. There weren't any classes today, and they knew exactly where Ruth would be.

"We should go see Ruth," Eli said. "She'd be so happy!"
mage

queer and here.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:33 pm
View Likes
SebiGhoul says...

"Would she even be able to see me? I mean she's not like, an apparition, is she?" Syl asks, narrowing his eyes at Eli.
they/them

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:14 pm
Mageheart says...

The moment Eli saw Syl's eyes narrow, they realized that their joy might have been misplaced.

They faltered.

Nervously shifting their weight from one foot to the other, Eli suddenly found the ground to be the most interesting thing in the entire world.

"...She's still alive?" Eli hesitantly said, their voice jumping up at the end of the reply.
mage

queer and here.

One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia