z

Young Writers Society

Finding Family

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:47 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The tower was entirely hollow, with nitches carved out of the wall and bookshelves lining every other unclaimed inch, stuffed to the brim with scrolls and texts. The ground was soft beneath them with spongy moss, dotted with flowering plants all carefully arranged and cared for.

Ciel floated in the center of the room, her hands clasped respectfully in front of her. Her eyes flashed blue as she muttered something under her breath and the door slammed shut.

"What do you come here for?" she asked.

Megara smiled and lowered her hood, "Can't I just come to visit an old friend?"

"Like you visit my brothers?"

Megara managed to keep from flinching at that, instead, widening her smile and angling her head in that cocky sort of way she had used so often over the years. "Exactly," she said.

Ciel stiffened, just a little, but Megara noticed, and she imagined Jason did too.

"Very well. What do you want from me?"

Megara had wandered over to the wall by now, skimming the texts there nonchalantly as she responded, "A spell," she gestured vaguely to Jason, "He needs to go to another world."

"Another world," Ciel echoed, intrigued despite herself. Megara glanced over to see Ciel looking Jason over, taking in his attire, figuring out the situation. "Very well." She darted up, vanishing into an alcove before returning a minute later with a scroll in hand.

"What sort of world are you traveling to?" Ciel asked Jason.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:59 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Mine," Jason softly said.

He tried not to think about the tone that Megara was using, but he knew it all too well. Unsure of how much he needed to tell her "friend" - Jason was assuming that friend really didn't apply to the girl in front of them - Jason carefully removed his cloak and laid it on the nearest piece of furniture.

He hadn't realized how hot he had been getting until he had removed the cloak. All the warmth came rushing at him; a second later, the helmet and leather jacket were removed as well, leaving him in a black tank top that showed off the plethora of scars littering his body. The jacket was placed on top of the cloak, but the helmet was tucked underneath his arm.

"It's called Earth," he said. "I don't know its number."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:10 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Ciel raised her eyebrows at the word 'number' and looked to Megara, who shrugged dismissively, "He can envision it. Wanna get on with the spell?" she said, flippant, overconfident, sounding exactly like the kind of person who would be just as happy to kill everyone in this room as anything if it meant she could get on with her life. It was a very well-practiced role.

Ciel nodded and finished setting up the spell with impressive speed. Soon, everything was set up and Ciel darted to the edge of the circle of runes.

"Get in the center," she ordered.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:15 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Megara's comment left him distracted as the girl finished preparing the spell. He was so distracted that he forgot he had his jacket beside the cloak, and only remembered his helmet because it was underneath his arm. He knew that Megara didn't want him to return, but he hadn't realized how badly she wanted him gone.

He got in the center of the circle.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"Imagine your homeworld, exactly where you want to end up. Try to get every detail right, the clearer the better," Megara instructed, careless in her delivery, "If you're not thinking of your world when the spell reaches its peak, you'll be tossed into the spaces between the worlds and fall into whichever one pulls you in first, m'kay?"

Ciel didn't wait for him to respond to start reciting the spell. The runes began to glow.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jason closed his eyes and imagined Gotham.

He didn't think of his old home - his original Earth - for even a second. It had long ceased being where home sweet home was, and all he wanted right now was to curl up on the comfort of his couch.

When he opened his eyes again, he was standing in the living room to his apartment.

The helmet was discarded onto the ground as he threw himself down onto the couch, finally letting out all of the tears he had been holding back in loud, vicious sobs.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara flashed Ciel a cocky grin and swept over to where Jason had left the cloak and his coat. Plucking them up, she turned one final time to Ciel to say, "It was a pleasure doing business with you, I'm so glad on your brother's behalf that you choose to be so helpful, bye-bye now." And with that, she was gone, closing the door behind her just in time for the first tear to leak from her eye, invisible in the water.

She went home clutching Jason's jacket protectively, hiding the fact that she was crying with her raise hood and ducked head.

The End

he/they

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew