z

Young Writers Society

Finding Family

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:13 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara's lips twisted into a sad smile, "It must be nice to have someone to miss."

Eddie chose that moment to pipe up - thankfully having swallowed his food before speaking - with hi wide eyes turned toward Megara, "But you miss Ro-ro," he said, "You told me you miss her."
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His gaze traveled from Megara to Eddie, only to return to Megara as the words truly sunk in. He wasn't going to ask. It wasn't polite of him too, and he barely knew her. But it seemed like she was just as familiar to loss and longing as he was, and he found that comforting.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Megara didn't have a response.

Eddie had finished his meal, she realized, and was a complete mess himself.

"Eddie, how about you go wash up?" she suggested quietly. She barely noticed him respond with something cheerful and Eddie-like and skip out of the room to the basin in his bedroom.

Ro-ro.

She shook her head. Looked up at Jason. "I'm sorry about..." she gestured vaguely, "It's just...some bad memories."

She squeezed her eyes shut and pushed the thoughts from her head. In the process, she remembered something. Her eyes flew open.

"I know how to get you home," she said after a pause, already thinking up how to accomplish it, dismissing any thought of the past that passed through her head. She couldn't deal with that right now. She had things to do, it wasn't time for a breakdown.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His hands went to his wrists, leaving most of his eggs untouched.

"I understand bad memories," he softly said. He rubbed his wrists a little, trying to forget how they had felt right before it - the time he barely acknowledged, and the time he didn't want to acknowledge. But Megara had changed the topic, and he was glad to do the same.

He removed his hands from his wrists.

"What's the plan?" he asked. He decided that it was probably a good idea to get some food in his stomach before they enacted whatever the plan was, so he returned to eating his eggs.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She hesitated. 'The plan' wasn't something she was sure he'd agree with. So she didn't tell him.

"I've got an old friend, she's one of the best mages in the world, and I think she could create a portal to get you home. Interdimensional stuff is kinda her 'thing'. It's her specialty."

To call Marciella an 'old friend' was more than pushing it. In reality, she was just another person Megara used to, and technically was still, blackmailing.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He finished his breakfast.

He grabbed his helmet and tucked it back under his arm as he got to his feet. It sounded like the perfect solution to their problems, but he couldn't help but notice the little bit of hesitation that followed her response.

"That's great," he said. "I'm ready to go when you are."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She called Eddie over and he scamped up to her.

"I'm going to need you to stay here," she said, "We're going to see Ciel and I think you'd be safer if you stayed put."

He pouted, "But doesn't Cellie want to see me?" he asked, tears welling up in his eyes.

Megara gave him a comforting pat on the shoulder, "Of course she wants to see you! She's just at her lessons right now, and her mean professors don't want kids there."

Eddie didn't cheer up much at that, but he nodded. "Okay," he said miserably.

Megara gave him a sad look and pulled him into a short hug, "I'll be back in a little while, okay? Stay here."

She released him and stood, angling her head toward the doorway to signal Jason to leave. She would follow behind.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Jason started to follow after Megara, but quickly turned around when he realized this was probably the last time he'd see Eddie. He scooped him up into a big, tight hug, Red Hood helmet clattering to the ground as it slipped out from underneath his arm.

"Bye, Eddie," he said. "I'll miss you."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:56 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

"I'll miss you too Jay-Jay!" he was crying, but he sounded happy.

Megara leaned against the doorway. For once, she wasn't in a hurry to get him out of her home.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:12 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He finally put Eddie down.

Grabbing his helmet from the ground and slipping it back on, he joined Megara in the doorway - it was time to go back to Gotham.

And, more importantly, it was time to go back to Damian.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:29 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She led him outside, grabbing her cloak on the way out and handing a spare to him. It had been her fathers, stolen out of spite, so it should fit him. She slung it around his shoulders while he was turning around, and showed him the pair of long straps with the buckles at the end. "These criss cross over your chest and fasten in the back. If you don't want to get choked by your cloak if you have to run, fight, or anything else, this helps." It wasn't a very common closure system, but she preferred it.

She then stepped back, out of his personal space, and busied herself grabbing her satchel and checking its contents. She didn't think a disassembled bomb was going to get into the university very easily. She took it out and checked the rest of the contents. Nothing else inside looked suspicious enough to keep her out of the university if they bothered to check her bag.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It took a few tries to finally get the cloak under control, but he finally managed to get it fastened like it was supposed to be. Then he mirrored Megara, checking his own arsenal of tools and weapons. His gun was securely against his side, as well as a few hidden knives. He had all of the other basic tools he could possibly need, as well as the Red Hood helmet to hide his unusual white streak and occasionally glowing green eyes.

He looked back over at her.

"Thanks," he said, giving a grateful smile underneath his helmet. "For the cloak and for helping me get back home - I really appreciate it."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:18 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She smiled, "You've been helpful as well." She chuckled, "Except for the shooting me thing. I didn't appreciate that much." That leg still hurt, but she healed abnormally fast. She'd always speculated that it has something to do with her double, but she could never be sure. It was one of the reasons she'd always been regarded as the best. An assassin who could heal fast was a valuable asset.

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He faltered.

"...I'm still really sorry about that," he said. "I should have asked Eddie what you looked like instead of jumping to conclusions - it would have saved both of us a lot of trouble and pain."
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:25 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

She led him out the door, pulling her hood up as she responded, "Water under the bridge. We'll say you made up for it with the first good meal Eddie or I have had in..." she trailed off, "Well, I'm not sure for Eddie, but for me, it has to be since I left home." She shrugged.

That last meal hadn't been very good at all. The food itself was fantastic, as usual. Her father hired a very good cook. It was the people she disliked. The stiffness. She would never understand how Briar could stand to be so stiff, so lifeless in everything she did. Megara would pay to see her excited about something, anything at all. To see her smile just once. How messed up did a person have to be to not want a reason to smile?

Megara shook her head. Those thoughts were for later. Getting to the university and getting Marciella to help was what she needed to focus on now.

he/they

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss