Young Writers Society

The Human and the God

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery bobbed his head. Then a question arised as the elevator pinged and the doors opened. He stepped out, keeping it open with his arm so Télos could come out easily, taking his time.

Then he asked.

"You said something happens that explains how you got here. When does it happen... exactly? Like will it happen today... tomorrow... a year later... when?"
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He gave a helpless shrug.

"It really depends on the situation," Télos admitted, eagerly stepping out of the elevator. "Sometimes it's in the same day, but it took awhile with another one of them - I don't think we even figured out how we got there that time."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:16 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery shook his head, letting go of the elevator, "There's been absolutely no signs yet? Zero?" he took out his keys again, and they jingled.

He walked a few steps and turned to his right.

Apartment 1004.

He unlocked his door and stepped inside, taking his shoes off and tossing them in the closet right to his left. "Come on in."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"None," he confirmed.

Télos followed him inside, taking off his own shoes and leaving them by the door. He didn't outright toss them, but there wasn't any neatness involved; it was clear he was just doing it to be a good guest, and not because he usually did things like that.

He looked around the apartment.

"You live in a nice place," he said.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:40 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Thanks. Coffee?" he asked, shutting the door and walking into the small kitchen, to the right. Looking through the cabinets he sighed and tossed an empty chocolate box behind him.

"The living is right there." he said, pointing to the left. "You can sit."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Uh, sure," he managed to get out. He had tried coffee, once - Lex figured out how to make it a few months ago. The coffee incident had ended with the chosen and his brothers coming to the collective conclusion that both Télos and Liz weren't allowed to drink it anymore, but Télos didn't want to seem rude.

...Besides, he was pretty sure it had gone so horribly wrong because of the amount of sugar they had in their cups, and not from the actual drink.

He entered the living room, marveling at how small it was compared to his own. He had been in similarly sized ones on Minecraftia, but it had been awhile - all he could think about was the lounge room he had in his palace. The size should have made it feel suffocating, but it felt larger than his could ever feel when he realized how much it lacked life.

He found his way to a sofa and sat down on it.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery - who quickly whipped up two cups of coffee - strode into the living. He set them both down on the glass coffee table and sat down on the recliner.

"So what do we do now? Wait for a sign?" he sighed. Suddenly, a booming thunder noise came from outside. Avery yelped, quickly recovered and shut the windows and closed the curtains. He switched on the colorful lamp and sat back down.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos glanced at the windows before looking at Avery again.

"That might have been a sign," he uncertainly said. "But it could also just be a weird coincidence - it's hard to tell."

He gave him an awkward smile.

"I guess we just wait," he said. "Like you guessed."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:25 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery groaned. "We wait? That's all? There's a God in my apartment, for god's sake!" he said. Then realizing what he said, he laughed.

"And... we're not doing anything." he muttered. "Can you show me magic, then? A sign could show up..."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:33 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Sure," he said, grinning. He didn't think it would make a sign show up, but it was a good way to pass the time - and to make Avery like him a little more.

He hopped up to his feet, trying to figure out what the best kind of magic he could do was. He had already seen little bits of both kinds. He had seen his golden sword disappear, and he had seen his appearance change ever so slightly. But he could do a lot more than that when it came to both kinds of magic.

"What do you want me to do?" Télos asked. "I can change my form and create anything out of gold - just give me a request, and I can do it."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:42 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

He thought for a moment. Well, that was a really big question. He could ask for anything?

Then he got it!

"Can you..." Avery's eyes sparkled. "Make a dog appear?"

"Like a trained dog." he clarified, sitting up straight, ready.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos faltered.

"...Do you want me to change my form to a dog, or make one out of gold?" he asked. "I could do either one, but I just wanted to make sure before I embarrassed myself."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:21 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery chuckled.

"A golden one would be nice." he said, his mood getting better and better by the second.

Would it be able to move though? Because gold doesn't move... So watching a Télos create a dog made out of gold should be interesting.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Gold it is, then," he said.

Télos tapped into his magic and created a dog out of gold right before Avery's eyes. It didn't move - he couldn't do things like that - but it did have a collar to show that it was a trained dog compared to a wild one.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:32 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

He gawked. "It's a golden dog!" he yelled. "With a collar!"

He stared at the dog in amazement. "It's not... real, though, is it?" he said cautiously, walking towards the golden dog and touching the tip of its nose. He looked up at Télos.

Positive anything is better than negative nothing.
— Elbert Hubbard