Young Writers Society

The Human and the God

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:11 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery took the answer with no more questipns and the drive to the grocery store was uneasy. He parked and together, the two walked into Walmart. Subconsciously, he told Télos to get a cart, like he did to his sister every time they went to any store.
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos was still trying to stick with the lie that he actually knew what he was doing, but Avery's request was making that difficult. He scanned the area around them for anything that fit the description of a cart. When he finally thought he found one, he did as requested.

"Here you go," he said, grinning as he awkwardly pushed it over to Avery.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"Thanks... But this is a big one." Avery said, smiling. "That's alright though."

They walked into the store together. There were good deals today, he noted. "Do you need anything?" Avery asked as he grabbed a box of clementines that he put into the cart.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos shook his head.

"I have everything I need back home-"

He suddenly fell silent, his gaze landing on a pile of pies that were on clearance. He didn't say anything to Avery about his discovery. He just scooted a little closer to the table displaying them, trying to see if his favorite was there.

It was.

Télos bit his lip. He really wanted some pumpkin pie, but there was plenty of it back on his world. There was no need to get it here.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:42 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery picked up a bunch of spinach and put it in a plastic bag. He'd just make soup out of that for when his parents come over. Nothing special, nothing boring. When he saw Télos staring at the pies, Avery wandered over to his side.

"They look good." he commented. "Want some?" he asked, looking at him and smirking. "Or I mean, you can just drool over them for as long as you're here." he shrugged casually.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He glanced over at Avery.

"You'd get them?" Télos asked, eyes wide with surprise and excitement. Pumpkin pie was the best. If Avery was offering to buy them, Télos wasn't going to object.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:20 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery's expression hardened. "No." he said flatly and walked away to look at the croissants. He needed to re-stock because he pretty much ate them every morning with a glass of milk.

Speaking of milk... he needed more.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

His shoulders slumped.

That was a disappointment. Télos could have tried paying for it in gold, but he remembered Lex saying that gold wasn't the currency Earth used. He also explained how infinite gold would mess with the economy, but Télos didn't exactly remember the specifics of that conversation.

Télos followed Avery over to the croissants.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:32 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery looked over to Télos and when he saw his disappointment, his eyes widened and he controlled his laughter. "Man, I was just kidding, you took me seriously!"

He abandoned the cart and rushed towards the pies and grabbed three boxes of pumpkin pie. "I'm sorry!" he laughed and placed the boxes in the cart.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He grinned.

"You had me fooled," Télos said, a wave of relief washing over him. He wasn't sure he could have lasted without it.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:30 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery shook his head, smiling.

They continued on, and soon they were at the Dairy section. Avery grabbed a carton of milk and watched as a kid asked her mother for ice cream. He frowned when she said no. He went to get a bkx of ice cream and looked at Télos. "Want some?" he asked.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Definitely," Télos said. He studied the ice cream intently, trying to remember which flavor Liz swore by. "It makes me think of my brother's girlfriend - she loves ice cream even more than I love pumpkin pie."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:21 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"She must be a crazy lover of ice-cream then, considering how you were basically ready to marry the pie." Avery said jokingly. "What flavor? I like chocolate." So did the rest of his family.

"Hold on, you choose and I'll go get the rest of the things I need." he told Télos and without an answer, he wandered off to get some eggs and chicken.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos faltered.

"That's, uh, a hard question," he said. He rubbed the back of his neck as he stared at the array of ice cream before him. He hadn't had ice cream enough to really have a favorite - he was mostly going off of what Liz liked.

After a moment passed, he impulsively grabbed the chocolate ice cream.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:49 am
View Likes
Lib says...

From his place beside the packages of whole chicken, Avery watched as Télos chose an ice cream flavor. It was so weird being with a person who wasn't meant to be on Earth, and was instead supposed to be on - what was it? - Minecraftia. And then there was the fact that Télos was around so many normal people.

There was more stuff to think about.

How would the god go back to his place? What would his parents say when Télos did leave at one point? Avery could lie, and say he went to a differet university. But they would see right through him. He sighed, quickly took the rest of what he needed - the eggs and the chicken - and wandered back over to his... aquaintance and smiled. "You could never make a beter decision, buddy." he praised.

If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson