Young Writers Society

The Human and the God

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery stared at Télos for a bit. Then he pursed his lips. "Looking pretty good." he said, nonchalantly.

"You could change your outfit?" he said, dragging the 'o' in 'could'.
*insert quirky signature here*

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:08 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

...He was a little offended that his outfit apparently wasn't good enough, but he wasn't going to press that issue too much.

"What should I change it to?" Télos asked. "Just say the words and I'll change it."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:46 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

"The amount of questions you're asking is more than there are on an exam paper." Avery said, resting one of his elbows on the arm of the sofa, and sighing.

"Um, a sweatshirt and..." he sighed, pulling at his hair. "Jeans."

Then he thought of something and smirked, "Do you need specific colors, as well, Télos?"

Spoiler! :
Sorry I haven't replied in so long! ~_~

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
It's okay!

Télos didn't entirely understand the comment, but he got the meaning.

"I can improvise," he said, giving another grin. He thought over the request, then snapped his fingers to change his outfit. The jacket and shirt were replaced by a plain gray sweatshirt, while his dark pants were replaced by a pair of faded jeans. As an afterthought, he changed his boots to sneakers - it looked better with the clothes.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:14 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery flashed a smile and gave him a thumbs up.

"Is there anything else?" he asked quickly, looking Télos over. Sweatshirt, jeans, normal eyes, no braid. Looking good.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos looked down at his outfit. It looked good to him, but he wasn't the one from Earth. "I don't think so," he said, glancing back up at Avery and giving him a grin. "I think I'm all set."
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:36 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Do you want to continue this, @Liberty? I told understand if you don't want to, or if you forgot about it. :)
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Spoiler! :
Dammit, sorry! I forgot. DX Sorry sorry sorry!

"Great!" Avery grinned. "I... Uh, need to get grocery and stuff... You know what grocery is, right?" he asked, his face turning red. That was a stupid question. Maybe he did know what grocery is. But if he didn't...

This was still very weird. A god had somehow come into his house in the dead of night. What if he was... mad?

Avery eyed Télos warily. But the magic... Avery looked down at the carpet.

Illusions.

Shaking his head, he looked back up at Télos waiting for him to reply.
Last edited by Lib on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:16 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Uh..." He faltered - he had absolutely no idea what Avery was talking about, even though Avery seemed to think he would know. "...I've heard the word before, but clarification would be good."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:28 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery goggled. "It's food you by at a store." he said, eyes still wide open in horror that he didn't know what grocery was.

"Um, you might need a jacket, it's supposed to be pretty chilly outside." he said, getting up, and slipping into his raincoat. "A raincoat would do. There's gonna be rain too." he said, pointing to the damp looking weather outside.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He glanced out the window. He wasn't exactly sure what a "store" was, but he thought he had heard Lex and Liz use the word to describe some of the shops they had seen when visiting villages. And even though he was uncertain, he really didn't want to bring more attention to just how confused he was about this whole thing - Avery was already staring at him.

With a snap of his fingers, he made a dark green raincoat appear on top of his sweatshirt.

"I'm all ready to go to the store, then!" he announced - still pretending like he knew exactly what Avery was talking about.
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:52 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery narrowed his eyes slightly, curious.

Getting out of the apartment door, and locking it when Télos got out after him. Once they were out of the apartment, Avery got into step with Télos.

"I'm not sure if I've asked you this question already or not - I'm a forgetful person - but..." he looked at the god. "Have you been to other places, in the form of-" he gestured vaguely at him, "this? And if so... where?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos wasn't entirely sure he understood the question, but he thought he got the gist of it. "I've visited a few other places by accident," he admitted. "None of them were on Earth."

He counted off the places on his fingers.

"There was the underground city, Enide's place - wait, there was another place, too! That one was a little different. I meant to go to that space masquerade, but things got out of hand while I was there."
mage

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:46 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Avery glanced at Télos, amused. And opened the passenger seat for Télos to get in to. Avery got into the driver's seat. "What happened?" He started the engine. "And is a space masquerade a masquerade in space?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Télos looked over at him and tried to get over his sense of unease.

"It is," he confirmed. "I'm still, er, not really sure why I got invited to that one. But things got chaotic midway through when the ship that the masquerade was on broke - I don't think there's any way to describe it that does it justice."

Spoiler! :
Translation: The roleplay kind of died and I have no idea what the main writer was scheming. :P
mage

queer and here.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat