Dual Personas

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Griffith

At some point, Griffith decided that he needed to use the bathroom. It was still a sensation that he wasn't fully comfortable with, but it was one he couldn't ignore - especially when Resh was here. It would also offer the perfect opportunity to check on his impromptu patient.

But when he opened the door to his bedroom, Resh wasn't on the couch.

To make matters even worse, he couldn't find Resh anywhere. He wasn't lingering in another part of the apartment, and there was no sign of where he could have gone. Griffith had his guesses - namely the window that led out onto the fire escape, because the door would have been too loud - but there was no way to figure out where he had gone.

The need to use the bathroom forgotten, Griffith pulled out his phone and dialed up a friend.

"Dante?" he asked when his friend picked up. If they were truly alone, he could use his true name - but he was unsure if Resh was truly gone, or was using an ability he didn't know about. "Are you at work right now?"

"I'm on a job, actually," was the reply, quickly followed by a woman screaming and then an eerie silence. "Was on a job, then. What's wrong? Do you need help with your charm?"

"No," he said. He fiddled with said charm. "I have - had - somewhere staying in my apartment. He was injured with a concussion; I think he was from another reality, or something like that. But I didn't keep an eye on him, and he just slipped out. Could you and your brother come help me?"

"As Dean and Lucas?"

"Dante and Luke are probably better," he said, sighing. He glanced at the blankets on the couch. "He's a superhero, and a younger one. I think the suit and tie would worry him, and seeing a teenager and his slightly older brother might make him feel more safe."

"Okay," Dante agreed. "I'll go get Luci, and we'll meet you up at your place."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh had underestimated his concussion. As soon as he had started roaming the streets, his dizziness from earlier had come back, and he found himself stumbling around, unsure of what exactly he was searching for.

After an hour or so of this, he found a bench and gratefully sunk down on it, his head spinning. He fought nausea down and tried to think through the fogginess in his mind.

If he had been teleported here, somehow, by a vilian... he needed to find someone with the same abilities to send him back.

The only problem was, as far as he could tell, superheros in this world were uncommon.

...Or didn't exist at all.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Griffith

The brothers were as quick as they always were, even without being able to directly teleport into his apartment. He gave a small smile when they appeared, and thanked them - like usual - for the help, and then the trio got to work on a plan of action.

It was quickly decided that they would split up to cover more ground. Magic tracking spells were something they could use, but they had their limits - especially when they couldn't let Resh know that any of them knew magic.

Dante Blythe

He might have been more than just the average person - and a hunter, to boot - but he hadn't expected to be the first one to find Resh. Griffith knew who he was looking for, and Luci had a better range of talents. He just had to randomly choose a direction and go for it. But after only a handful of minutes of searching, he found his query: one superhero transported from another reality, sitting down on a bench on a dark street.

"For a hero," he commented, "I thought you'd be a little better at hiding."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:09 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh looked up, startled, and stared at the man in front of him. He paused, and glared suspiciously, though internally he was alarmed. It seemed this stranger knew his secret identity- how had that happened?

"Why should I be hiding?" He asked gruffly. "Should I know you?"

He stood then, fighting another little wave of dizziness, and the air around him started to turn icy with his unspoken threat.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

"Nope," he said, ignoring the threat the chill presented as he sat down on the park bench. "And I assumed you'd be hiding because you ran away from a certain friend of mine - if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't settle for a park bench in the middle of the street."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:14 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh paused, eyeing the stranger carefully, but retreated a little once he realized who the man was probably associated with.

"You must be one of Griffith's friends, then." He noted gaurdedly, letting out a sigh a moment later. "Damn. He's fast."

After another moment, he tilted his head. "And I didn't exactly run away. I didn't realize Griffith would care if I decided to leave. Now is as good a time as any."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:14 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

He shrugged.

"I think going out of an open window onto a fire escape in the dead of the night is a bit like running away," he said. "You could have told him, but instead you left without warning - I would care, too, if I was in his shoes."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:13 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh's eyebrows creased, and he nothing less than scowled at the man, getting defensive.

"Don't you think you should introduce yourself before you start lecturing me?" he bit out, not having a good response to the fact that he was just now considering- that maybe he had worried Griffith by leaving.

He stood up quickly, too quickly, and had to stumble back down on the bench as his head spun.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

Before he could get Resh to sit down again, the superhero had already taken care of that. Dante knew that he had a tendency for being stubborn, but Resh's stubbornness was just stupid compared to his. Resh could apparently control ice, but he couldn't do anything else. What did he expect to happen when he was wandering around with a concussion?

"Maybe," he replied, looking Resh over. "I'm Dante Blythe - older brother to Luke Blythe, and one of Griffith's closest friends."

He gave a smile.

"Now that we have that out of the way," he said, "you don't have a problem with my lecturing, do you?"
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:17 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh sighed and rolled his eyes before looking at Dante sideways. He'd walked right into that one, really. After a moment, he ran a hand through his hair and gave a resigned nod.

"Sure, whatever. But first, let me explain- I have an actual job to do, and now I'm stuck in this world with no way out. I have no way of knowing how much my co-workers need help, or if the villain is still out there somewhere causing problems-" he let out a shaky breath, getting worked up.

When he had calmed down again, he closed his eyes against his constant headache and continued. "I'm not going to let some stupid injury keep me from getting back home as soon as possible. But, yeah- I- I do admit it was wrong of me to leave without telling Griffith. I'm just. I'm not used to people caring about my well-being. I don't exactly have a lot of friends."

He glanced over at Dante warily at the end of this, the expression on his face both vulnerable and agressive- almost if he was daring the man to make fun of him for it.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

He studied the man for a moment, his face surprisingly inexpressive.

"I can see why he likes you," he finally said. A small smile flickered across his lips. "You're like him, if a little more jaded."

Though he wasn't sure if Resh was comfortable with an invasion of his personal space, he reached out a hand and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"You focus on getting better," he said. "My brother and I can help you out with the returning home part. But you're not going to be much help against that villain if you're dealing with the beginning of a concussion."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh tilted his head a moment, and quirked his lips. What did Dante mean, Griffith liked him? In what way? They had just met that day, and he hadn't made the best first impression by any means.

It bothered him, thinking about this as hard as he was, and he cleared his throat, shaking his head for good measure.

He focused on Dante's suggestion again, and blinked. Retorts waited on his lips, and he opened his mouth a few times, bot nothing came out. He had to admit, what he was saying was the most logical course of action.

Finally he sighed, and nodded ever so slightly.

"Yeah." He mumbled. "Okay. And you... You can really help me get back?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

Maybe that was a little too much of a promise - he'd have to talk with his brother to see if they could get Resh back without revealing that Griffith was far less normal than he appeared to be. But Griffith had to be okay with them saying they were hunters.

Right?

"We can," he confirmed. "My brother and I deal with strange things all of the time - if you've ever seen Supernatural, we're like the Winchesters. We haven't had to return a lost superhero yet, but I'm sure we can figure something out."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Reshiram Morris

Resh nodded again, his lips pressed together, and then held out his hand solemnly.

"It's a deal, then. You help me get home, and I won't run away again until I'm healed." He smiled a little at this, to show that he was joking.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dante Blythe

He shook the hand.

"Deal," he replied. Then he got to his feet and looked Resh over, trying to determine how he was going to help him get back to Griffith's place. "Do you think you can walk?"
mage

queer and here.

'Tis the season to shovel enormous amounts of watermelon into your mouth while hunched over the cutting board like a dehydrated vampire that hasn't fed on blood in four hundred years and the only viable substitute is this questionable Christmas-colored fruit.
— Ari11