z

Young Writers Society

A Matter of Time

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:09 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I don't like the sound of that," Lunis said. He would've stopped walking, but Zech was pushing him along. "What are we getting tested for? What do they think we brought with us? Zech's a healer - isn't that enough?"
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes hesitated.

"You're not getting tested for anything in particular," he said, trying to think of a satisfying answer to the questions. "It's hard to tell what different planets have, and how people here would interact with them. And even though you did just come from a planet I've been to many times, it's hard to say how germs from your world interact with the people of Earth."

Odris nodded in agreement.

"They also aren't as fond of magic as we are," Odris added. "Maahes is the exception, and that's only because they haven't figured out a way to explain it yet."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:08 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"Okay," Lunis said, drawing out the word. "You just told us they don't like what we look like, but they don't like our magic either? And what are 'germs' supposed to be?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:47 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It's not that they don't like magic," Maahes hurriedly corrected, casting a glance over in his summoner's direction before turning back to Lunis. "They just think there's always an explanation for it - the people of Earth like being able to tie things in to science. They trust common practices more than strange new ones, especially when the explanation isn't as well founded."

Odris, who understood the reason for the look, made sure to choose his words a little more carefully this time. "Germs are what can cause illnesses. We also call them bacteria, though other things can also be at fault for them. Germs can be good, too, but Earth usually focuses on the bad ones when it comes to medical evaluations."

"They just want to make sure you don't have anything, and that it's not contagious if you do," Maahes concluded.
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:36 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

"I'm not sick," Lunis said, looking around and nodding. "And I don't see anyone else who is. And that Earth thing sounds stupid - sometimes there aren't explanations."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Sometimes someone can just be a carrier," Odris explained. "You might not show signs of the sickness, but you can pass it on to other people. They just have to make sure nothing is present."

"They've had an outbreak or two of some really bad diseases," Maahes added. "It's why they put the evaluations into place."
mage

queer and here.

299 Reviews

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:11 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Lunis opened his mouth to say something else, but Zech placed a paw over it.

"Let's just get it done with," Zech said. "I think we've been talking for longer than it actually takes to get checked. And I don't think it'd be great to get everyone sick because we carried something in."

Peeling Zech's paw off, Lunis spat out fur and crossed his arms. "Fine," he said, staring at the floor.

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson