Young Writers Society

Edward and Engel: Brothers in Arms

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:14 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

A deep breath. She was telling him to take a deep breath. Like he was hysterical or something. He wasn't having a problem breathing, he was having a problem with reality and the fact he'd been kidnapped, was shot, and had no idea why or how.

He'd been in a lot of bad situations before. The way he reacted was always consistent: he got scared, anxious, submissive, and then as things began to crash, it flipped. Flipped from avoiding combat to trying to survive. He could feel himself balancing on the edge. The pounding of his heart in his ears, the cold rushing through him. The silver hanging in his eyes.

"Please let me go," he said again, his voice shaking. "I d-d-d-don't know what you want b-but...please."

"Guys," Kratzer said softly from behind the ghosts. It was a single word. Warning. Wary. Not aggressive and not hostile but noticing the frigid air and the fact that his eyes were changing, rapidly. Demons were dangerous. This one especially.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:55 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Edward heard his brother's warning, but he mostly disregarded it - the only things that could hurt him now were other ghosts and grim reapers. He wasn't scared about what Cornyx could possibly do. He knew Claire wasn't, either.

"You can go if you want," Edward said. "It might be hard to walk with your leg injured, but you can leave if you want. I just know that I've made some very stupid decisions when I was scared and confused, and I could have avoided them if I had calmed myself down."

"We don't want anything with you," Claire reassured him. "This was all an accident on my part - sort of. I didn't mean to possess you - I don't even do possessions - but I couldn't get out."

"It's hard for ghosts to," Edward explained. "When we possess someone, we need some kind of anchor to get us back to normal. She didn't have one until she ran into me."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx