Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:22 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

~ The Demonic Duo™ ~

brought to you by @ChristenedPages and @Featherstone

Warning for readers: 16+ for mature themes

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

She's gone by man names in the past: Sarah Sterling, Auryon Blackthorne, even Diamondback. She was human before she sold her soul to the most powerful of demons. That one called herself Apophis. She'd been the serpent-god of Egypt and the noble Quetzalcoatl of the Aztecs; she'd walked the world as mortals such as Alexander's great love Cleopatra and she'd spoken in the ear of Caligula, Neo, and even Julius Caesar himself. For a long time she had fought the demon within until she realized that the effort was futile. Not only this, but they could have power unknown to either if they willingly made their minds as well as their bodies one. This is the Viper: an assassin, hitman, mercenary, saboteur, or whatever else she is required to be. So long as it ends in killing, she is game.

He's born of the Underworld, a demon of the foulest kind. A tormentor, a being of Hell, even one who casts judgement upon the fell souls that find their way out of the ever-limited mortal coil in the sweet jaws of death. He calls himself Aagares. Some of you may know him as a different name, many years from now: Damascus.

In a mere accident, a slip of the tongue, the Viper's spell to get her to the Gates of Hell once more is miscast and she finds herself stumbling through the afterlife of another reality. Here is where she encounters Aagares - and where the tale unfolds...
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:52 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Spoiler! :
A short description of Aagares: he stands at about 6'4", and is covered in a leathery sort of black skin. His facial features resemble that of a reptilian gargoyle, with a curved maw, slittled nostrils, and a gnarled appearance. His eyes are scarlet red, and he also has a pair of large, spiraling horns and wide, hooked wings. His claws and talons are surisingly well groomed and trimmed.

Aagares lounged lazily in the plane of Paradise. The cherry trees offered a wide-spreading fragrant canopy, and though he would rather be stabbed than admit it, they offered him a pleasant sort of comfort.

He had retreated to his sanctuary of sorts for two reasons.

One: his rank as official High-arch of Judgement had been solidified with his mentor's transfer, and he needed time to process this before the ceremony.

Two: he knew of at least two peers who wouldn't hesitate to challenge him in a duel for the position before the ceremony, and he would never decline a duel.

With a drawn sigh, which was more of a snarl, really, he stood and pushed off from the tree he had been leaning against. Though it wasn't as appealing to him as the rewarding nothingness of the grove, he figured he might as well descend a few planes and peek in on his victims.
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:07 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

When Viper sat up, she was almost 100% certain that she wasn't, in fact, in Hell. It was the blue skies, blooming cherry trees, singing birds, and lush grass that tipped her off. Unless someone had started a garden and muted the screams she'd wound up somewhere very different than she meant to.

She stood and brushed herself off with a frown. Her dark clothes were sooty and hair singed. Certainly not a good way to make first impressions wherever this was. She pulled off her mask and passed a hand over her face and hair, then down her body. Her form shimmered as her fingers passed it and in moments a dark-skinned, golden-eyed, white-garbed figure stood where the copper-haired red-eyed one had a moment ago. Dreadlocks fell about her shoulders, some braided with gold rings, and several golden bangles jingled on her left arm and wrist. Leather sandals served as shoes and she wore a thin white dress that hung over one shoulder, almost Egyptian in form. Blue eyeshadow brought out the semi-metallic hue of her eyes and dark kohl only increased the contrast.

She turned in a slow circle to take in her surroundings. It appeared to be vacant at first sight, merely an orchard of these pink plants and nothing more.

Then she caught sight of the scaled humanoid pushing himself off a tree with something between a grumble and a snarl, his back to her.

"'scuse me, darlin'?" she called.

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Aagares' hackles rose slightly as he was surprised by a feminine voice behind him. He turned, graceful despite his shock, and switched from a preparation of hostility to a wary appraisal.

The woman was most definitely a goddess, he instantly decided. Or something akin to one.

There was no reason for any being here to disguise itself into a solely stunning figure such as the one in front of him, and there was no possibility that this was a spector.

A smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth as his eyes trailed over this stranger in a way that was none too subtle. He had just found a perfect way to entertain himself, and it had come to him of its own accord.

"You lost, gem?" He intoned smoothly, something slinking and coy coloring his words. "Or bored of Paradise, perchance?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:34 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She sauntered over, moving with an almost predatory, feline grace and revealing a bit more leg than was really necessary. Her gaze travelled over him in a calculating fashion. His form was an uncommon one, but no stranger than she'd seen in her time serving Lucifer. Indeed, she found the talons, wings, and scales a practical mix.

The woman stopped a couple yards from him before answering. "That depends on where 'here' is," she said, her voice soft and melodic. "But I daresay I took a wrong turn."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:48 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Aagares let out a low chuckle, for no particular reason than the fact that he found this statement ironic. Whoever this woman was, holy or otherwise, she was the first stranger who he'd met who wasn't looking for Paradise (or their own equivalent of it).

He was intrigued, to say the least.

"This is as close to Heaven as there is, sweet." he drawled, raising himself to his full height. His eyes sparkled with curiosity, and he tilted his head as he examined her further.

"Perhaps you aren't a fan." he let curl a wolfish smile. "Could I be of assistance?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She looked him over with a small, impish smile. "If you're from where you look like you are, I think you can. I'm looking for somewhere with..." she took a breath, taking in her surroundings. "A bit more...torment."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:47 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Aagares nodded slowly, just barely concealing an expression that showed how pleased he was by this.

"Ah, a woman who knows what she wants." He said, the casual tone he had adopted only just contaminated by a suggestive one.

"Well, I might just be able to help. I happen to specialize in torment." A single brow raised, and his tail swished ever so slowly back and forth.

After a purposeful pause, he elaborated mischievously. "Recreational torment being my favorite, of course."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:54 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She stepped forward, dangerously close and looking up into his eyes. "I can appreciate a man who takes pleasure in such things," she said with a small smile. A certain flirtatious element found its way into her posture and her tone - whether or not she was serious was difficult to place, however. "You don't happen to be, ah...professional, do you?"

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:17 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

He smoldered silently, entranced by this little game of words. It had been all too long since he'd... hunted, and even longer since he'd set his sights on a being resembling a human.

"Oh, but of course." He looked down at her, breathing in the nearness greedily. "Usually my clients and my victims are separate, but I do make exceptions with some services."

Misleadingly casual, he studied her from beneath lowered lids. "Why do you ask, dear?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:02 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Well, all things considered, it seems like you can probably point me in the right direction of where I planned on being," she said, running a finger down his chest. "Then again, seeing as I'm lost already, it seems I may as well embrace it."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:21 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Aagares hummed deep in his chest, desire brightly apparent in his eyes. He turned subtly, knowing that his dominance was easily matched by this woman and not wanting to wind up with his back against the tree.

"Mmm- and what would be the fun in a tour? A geographical one, that is." His voice lowered, and he dipped his head closer to hers, a wicked smirk playing at his lips. " I'm sure you'd find that as a specimen I can demonstrate all the appealing bits of Hell."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:29 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"A tour sounds like an excellent orientation to this grand place," she said, her voice soft as she leaned in, murmuring the words near his hear and lifting herself up on her toes to do so, due to the fact he was several inches taller. "Where would you like to...start this tour? Not here, surely."

he/him/his

9 Reviews

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:04 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

"Oh no, that wouldn't do.." he assented, though only a moment ago he had been completely willing to partake from where they were in the trees.

Idly, he reached up and slid a talon across her bare shoulder, making a show of mentally selecting a location despite the fact that he already had a selection.

"I might have somewhere in mind." He drawled, lips twitching.

Taking a step back, he offered an arm, purposefully drawing back on their intimate position. A wicked thrill came over him at the prospect of teasing this beauty, and then he realized that he needed a name.

Normally he wasn't opposed to toying with anonymous prey, but there was something about this woman that made him yearn for a word to settle on his lips.

"I suppose if I'm to give you a tour, I should tell you what they call me." He started smoothly, taking a slightly different approach. "It's Aagares."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:09 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

She took his arm and gave him a sidelong glance, deciding carefully which name to give him before finally settling on one. "I've gone by a lot of names, darlin'," she said with a wolfish, sharp-toothed smile. "But nowadays most call me the Viper. Where did you have in mind, Aagares?"

As she spoke, a faint glow revealed itself in the back of her eyes. It was subtle and imperceptible to anyone who wasn't particularly observant or someone who wasn't currently making eye contact. It was pale enough where its hue was difficult to make out other than the fact that it was some shade of orange or red, and it disappeared as quickly as it came.

he/him/his

"Think of all the beauty still left around you, and smile."
— Anne Frank