Young Writers Society

Birthday Collab Contest Thread

92 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 92
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:51 pm
AvantCoffee says...

Birthday Collab Contest Thread

Welcome! This thread relates to the YWS Birthday Collaboration Contest. If you haven't seen it yet, follow this link.

If you're looking for a buddy, leave a post in here with your YWS age and, if you want, whether you have any particular preferences for types or genres of work.

Have fun!

Tip: WriterFeed Pad (WFP) or other online shared documents are excellent to use for collaborative writing. If you have questions relating to WFP post them in this thread or PM me and I'll be glad to help.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:05 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Hello! I'm... four YWS years old? How did that happen? :0

My favorite genres are historical fiction and action/adventure! Whatever my writing buddy's preferred genre is, I'm sure we could combine them into something neat!

Also, I'm definitely into prose, not poetry.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:02 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Hi! I'm 2(?) YWS old, almost 3.

My favorite genres are supernatural, mystery, romance, and fantasy/fiction, and I tend to combine all of these together. For poetry, I am only really good at lyrical poetry. However, I can do almost any genre if it keeps my interest! Currently, I'm working on mostly fanfiction, but I would be glad to do an original work.

I'm better at poetry, but I am all for prose! :)

Examples of my work here:

Spoiler! :
Red Butler Prologue, my latest prose.

think of you, a poem I'm super proud of.

lungs crushed hearts crushed im not breathing but im alive, my darkest poem yet and something I don't recommend you to read if you're easily triggered or are going through something like depression. This is probably as angsty as it gets.

If you're interested, PM me with your idea! I have like no ideas at the moment (except for Red Butler), so I'll accept anything at this point lmao

~zami
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:32 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi, I'm almost 14 YWS years old :o.

I mainly write poetry and lyrics, though I have done some prose. I think for this collaboration I would like to do poetry as I don't have any great story ideas and our time is kind of limited.

My poetic style is generally narrative, simplistic in vocabulary, and free verse, though I'm willing to try other styles as well.

Note that I'm in the eastern US time zone(GMT-5) and am usually most available in the evenings, so if you're in a much different time zone, collaborating may not work. I did a collaborative work once where the other party was exactly 12 hours ahead of me...getting together was a pain!

Anyway, feel free to message me if you want to collaborate. This could be fun! :D
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm
View Likes
Oxara says...

(Coming In late because i posted my ad somewhere else, whoops)

I am(rounded up) 1 YWS old ( still weird to say lol)

My favorite/most explored genre is fanstay but I want to do some more sc-go. I also am experimenting with poems but am useless at them. I am pretty open minded though!

The best example of my work is demon maiden (though the first half of it is well rather bad because lms and the second half is ok(ish)

Note this would be my first doing a double trouble (or any major writing project with people in this form)

I would love to do this if anyone wants to do it with me!

Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
— Leonardo da Vinci