590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Trio of Hunters

By @SirenCymbaline and @Magestorrow!

Brian Flanagan is a hunter, but not in the traditional sense. Brian doesn't hunt birds and deer; he hunts anything that could possibly go bump in the night. Demons, ghosts, monsters - they're all fair game if they're harming innocent people. This isn't just because he's got a good heart. He's a fairy, and it's his duty to track these troublemaking beings down and serve justice.

Dante Summers and Lucas I. Feren are also hunters, though it's a bit of a side job for both of them. Dante is actually God, and Lucas is his beloved younger brother Lucifer - facts that both try to hide as much as possible. In God's case, he's drawn to hunting as a way to leave stress, while Lucifer loves it because it's an opportunity to spend time with his brother. And, of course, both love being able to help other people out.

By a stroke of luck, Brian, God and Lucifer all end up working on a job in the same town. And it's while dealing with this jobs - and the ones that follow - that they all begin to see that there's a little more to the world than they previously thought.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"Why, why did you think that donating this possessed tea set to a thrift store was a good idea?" demanded Brian.

"It could be useful to somebody." the middle aged witch continued to insist.

"It's literally possessed."

"Psssh. It's fine. It's a fine set."

"It is possessed. And cracked. And stained. And possessed."
Brian threw his hands up in annoyance.
"They can't keep everything, you know, they have to throw out stuff that isn't in selling condition. It's a real pain in the ass, because most thrift shop volunteers can't pick up on signs of possession!"

The middle aged witch shook her head. "It's a shame, how wasteful people are these days."

"It's a shame that somebody else, namely me, has to go through all the bloomin' second hand shops in the district, mesmerize the staff into thinking they work there so they can go through the stuff out back, manually check everything for signs of possession and or haunting, take out everything haunted, manually exorcise all of it, and then make the staff forget they were there.
That's been pretty much this entire month for me.

Now just, just tell me, do you have anything else haunted that you might have also donated here if not for my timely intervention, and could you please just get rid of it yourself?"

"Oh, I already did that. At the Sallies' down the street."

"Jesus Christmas." muttered Brian.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The '67 black Chevy Impala rolled into the parking lot of the motel. As they came to a stop, Lucas I. Feren - or, rather, Lucifer - turned and looked at the driver. They had been driving for only an hour at most, but he still hadn't commented on the elephant in the room. But now that they were parked and in the middle of getting out of the car, he felt like it was a good time to bring it up.

"Dante," he said, "why are you driving a car like this now?"

God, who was in the middle of getting his bag out from the backseat, momentarily popped his head up over the top of the car and looked at his brother with a grin. "Because I've been searching for one for ages, and I've finally found one!"

God grabbed his bag and carefully closed the door.

"But why were you searching for one?" Lucifer asked, standing awkwardly beside the Impala while he waited for his brother to join him.

God locked the car. "We're embodying the Winchesters, Luci. If I wasn't using Dante this time around, I'd be Dean. And you might not be using Sam as an alias, but Sam is connected with-"

Lucifer gave him a look. "I'm only on season one," he reminded him.

God's face fell.

"But it's okay," he said, readjusting the strap of his bag as he walked to the motel's entrance. God followed behind him, still clearly horrified at the thought of almost ruining part of the show for his baby brother. The moment the two set foot inside the building, heads immediately turned. Lucifer instinctively took a step towards God; he hated the attention.

He knew it had to be because of how they were dressed. God was dressed like he was some sort of rebellious teen, and he was dressed like he was a businessman. He would have just made his outfit match his brother's if he wasn't terrified of looking more intimidating than he already did - and the suit did have its benefits when trying to convince people that he really was Lucifer.

Getting their room went without a hitch, and the two started to bring their few bags down to it before embarking out on this specific job. "Let's go over the details," God said after they left the room. They needed to go back to their car now; it would take some driving to get downtown.

"There's been a series of possessions," Lucifer quietly said as he got into the car. God started the engine. "And they all seem to originate from thrift stores."

"But not any specific one," God said with a sigh. "This is going to be a long one, isn't it?"

Lucifer gave a somewhat sorrowful nod in agreement.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:10 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian stood on a stool to reach the lid of the dumpster behind the thrift store, and tipped another haunted toaster onto the pile of possessed junk. Then he poured in some holy water from a plastic bottle, hopped off of the stool, and stood back five paces.

He began to mutter a chant in Latin, which might have been recognizable to the trained ear as part of an exorcism ritual, if not for Brian's tendency to bleed the words together, or pronounce them so bizarrely.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After several hours of tense investigating, Lucifer and God met up in front of the Impala. They had each taken several of the thrift stores, and had each gathered information with varying degrees of success - God always tended to be better at things like that, Lucifer had noticed. Probably because he was much more confident; he kept getting flustered every time he had to ask the owners about their mysterious items.

"So," God said, leaning up against the Impala's hood. He took a swig out of his Coke bottle. "How did your investigating go?"

Lucifer joined his brother by the Impala. "The staff all remembered a new person joining," he said, hesitantly leaning up against the hood as well. The scene just seemed to fit his brother - the casual gulps of soda from a bottle, the outfit, and the Impala - but he couldn't help but feel like he stood out like a sore thumb.

Especially when he was dressed like this.

He pulled at the collar of his suit. "They all had weird memory lapses afterwards."

"About a guy named Brian," God added. He leaned back a little more and took another hearty swig of his soda. "They might have forgotten what he was like, but they had records."

Lucifer thought for a moment. He stopped leaning up against the Impala, and instead opted to stand on the sidewalk. "Maybe we're dealing with some sort of magic user?"

"Maybe," God said. His voice was hesitant. "But it doesn't explain why someone would give those items to the thrift stores in the first place." He let out a heavy sigh and stood back up. "Anyways, I did the math. There's only one place left that Brian hasn't been too yet, so I think it's time for us to pay the guy a visit."

xXx

It didn't take long for them to get there; the distance between where they had met up and the final thrift shop was so short that they had been able to walk there. A little digging around inside the shop proved that Brian wasn't there, so they decided to take things out back instead.

And that was when they found him near the dumpster.

Lucifer was just tall enough in this form to get a glimpse of the items that had been thrown in there. He tugged on his brother's sleeve and pointed at the objects in question. "I can see bits of souls attached to them," he said. When God started pulling his bat out of his bag, he knew that he had seen the same thing.

"Hello, Brian," God said, pointing the tip of his bat in Brian's direction. Then both of them did a simultaneous double-take - Brian, apparently was a fairy. "You know, I really wasn't expecting that," God said, looking over at his brother. "I was kind of betting on him being a demon."
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:36 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian turned his head briefly, to look at the nice fellas who knew his name. Oh. Nice fellas with a bat. Nice.

Why now? This was the worst time he could have been threatened with a bat.
With most of his spells, nothing would happen if they were interrupted, but the excorcism ritual was a sensitive one, and it didn't take for that sort of thing.

If he stopped to explain his intentions right now, the bits of soul in the dumpster wouldn't wait for him to finish what he was doing and let him go back to exorcising them- they'd take the opening as an invitation to go wild.
He'd taken too many possessed toasters to the head in this week alone, and the concept of a dumpsterfull of them all at once just didn't float his boat. He didn't like baseball bats either, but he tried not to think about that.

Brian stiffened, tried not to sweat too much, and continued his chant- but this time louder, and more clearly enunciated, in the hopes that the nice fellas with a bat would recognize what he was actually doing.

Okay. He was almost at the end. Just a few more lines. Juuust a few more.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"Rude," God said, taking a step towards Brian. "Didn't you ever learn that you're not supposed to ignore other people when they're talking to you?" He was rearing up for a good, decent fight - he had been stuck behind his desk for far too long, and this was just the reprieve he needed.

Brian just continued to chant.

He wasn't going to lie - it was just a little bit creepy. But he ran an afterlife and his brother was the Devil, so creepy wasn't exactly a new concept for him. "Hey. Brian. Fairy guy. I'm talking to you." He took a couple steps closer to him. The man seemed fairly intent on continuing his spell, so it looked like he would have to intervene. He really didn't want to get his bat bloody; it looked like he would have to do this the old-fashioned way.

He reached a hand out to grab onto Brian's shoulder.

"Go-Dante, stop, it's not what you think-" Lucifer started to say, but God was already in the middle of roughly shaking the fairy to distract him from his spellcasting.

It succeeded.

Brian stopped talking.

And, rather suddenly, he heard the objects in the dumpster start to move.

"He wasn't casting a spell," Lucifer quietly said. "He was doing an exorcism."

"...Oh."
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

"SWEET JESUS, man! Just a few more words, I was just a few more words from-"

Brian's angry protests were cut short by the sight of an entire dumpsters' worth of kettles, shoes, and various items of clothing and appliances all flying out at them in alarming speeds.

"Christ on a bicycle." he muttered, flitting out of the warpath of a faulty waffle iron.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:10 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

As God tried to fend off a series of angry kitchen appliances from attacking him, Lucifer struggled to remember the words needed for an exorcism. It had been a long time since he had had to do it like that; most of the jobs he and God had been doing these days involved actually talking with the ghost. And, most of these days, the ghosts in question were Christian, so they hung onto every word God said without even realizing why.

Just as he felt like he was making some progress, a baseball cap smacked him across the face.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:59 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian darted in and out of the flurry, materializing green throwing knives into his hands. He threw one into a filthy couch cushion, which exploded with a loud pop, spraying angry shreds of foam everywhere.

He darted overhead for a clearer look at the battlefield, and threw the other knife into a toaster before it could hit the punk-looking guy in his distracted face.

"What did you even bring a bat for?!" Brian called out, as both a warning and a taunt.

But the toaster was not done. It was hungry for blood. It shook, it thrashed, it shot sparks. It threw itself at the punk, aiming for an uppercut shot.

Brain materialized a new knife into his hand, but his second throw missed the toaster, probably because he was being strangled by a scarf that had gotten the drop on him. Brian plummeted to the ground, landing heavily onto the concrete.

"Not...again..." he wheezed.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Though his brother was struggling to fend off the toaster with his bat - and get hit repeatedly in the face by the appliance, much to his frustration if the swears coming from over there were anything to go off of - Lucifer made a beeline for Brian. He tried his best to untangle the scarf from around Brian's neck, but it was being stubborn and didn't want to easily come from.

"God!" he cried out, too caught up in the moment to remember using his brother's alias. "I need that knife near you! I-I don't think I can get the scarf off with my bare hands, and I don't know what spell would help!"

God got slugged by the toaster yet again, but managed to roll out of the way of its next attack and grab the throwing knife that Brian had missed with only a few moments earlier. He darted over to Lucifer, getting hit by the toaster as he wildly swung his bat around. Once the knife had exchanged hands, God made sure to give him enough space. Lucifer bit his lip and started to concentrate on cutting through the scarf. It was squirming, but it was much too concentrated on strangling Brian to realize that the best way to stop the cutting would be to let go of him.

The scarf fell to the concrete.

Lucifer ducked from another flying kitchen appliance and hoisted Brian back up to his feet, handing him the knife before he started trying to think of some sort of spell that would subdue the group of possessed objects.

He was startled out of his thoughts by God suddenly hitting the toaster and sending it flying into the dumpster with a loud crashing noise. "I just wish they'd slow down already!" God exclaimed, successfully whacking another one of the possessed objects.

That was when Lucifer got an idea.

"A sleep spell!" he exclaimed, before getting hit in the face with the hat from before. He tried to ignore it when it decided he was the perfect target to repeatedly hit. "Possessed objects are technically living things, so a sleep spell would put them to sleep!"

"And us!" God pointed out.

"If you, uh, cover your ears, I think that should protect you." He grabbed onto the baseball cap and threw it back in the direction of the dumpster. "I'd be fine because I'm the one casting the spell."
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:35 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian coughed, and gathered himself.

He dodged a kettle headed for his sternum, and stabbed it when it slammed into the dumpster instead. He threw the kettle into an oncoming ugly Santa gnome, and watched it smash into angry ceramic shards.
Brian dashed out of the way, but some still scratched his face and arms.

"It's a short spell, right?" said Brian, not looking forward to the hits he might have to take while covering his ears.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:04 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

"It is!" he confirmed. It was one of the more basic spells out there that affected people - all he had to do was make the listener drowsy, and the phrasing would do the rest.

God slapped his hands over his ears, leaving his bat forgotten on the ground. "Ready when you are, then!"
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Brian covered his ears, and flew up about as high as he could while still within the cover of the building.

"Okay, go ahead!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Lucifer began to recite the words to the spell. He could feel himself getting just a bit drowsy as he got farther along, but it was nothing compared to what the possessed items were experiencing. They tried to attack the three once more, but their movements had slowed considerably and they were easy to dodge. By the time that he had finished the words, all of them had fallen to the ground and were immobile.

Lucifer quickly switched gears from a sleep spell to an exorcism one, and it wasn't long before the souls were free from the objects they had been bound to. God, noticing that the souls had departed, grabbed his bat and poked on of the appliances with its wooden tip. "No wonder they were so violent," he said, more to himself than to anyone else. "I'd hate being stuck as a toaster."

Lucifer gave a small nod in agreement.
mage

queer and here.

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil