590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

Ruth stared at Damascus. "She won't do what-"

"Firstly, Damascus," Tessa said, trying to ignore the chaos that was coming from the two and instead focus on the demon hiding behind her legs, "I'll still give you a tour. I'm not cheap like that. I promised that I'd do it, and I fully intend to."

She turned back to Ruth, who was still staring and gaping at the duo in front of her. "Secondly, what are you doing here?"

Ruth's eyes flashed gold. "I was visiting your town and wanted some advice on where to go." She stretched, her eyes returning to a pleasant shade of dark brown as she surveyed the scene before her. "You seemed like just the right person for it, considering that you know I'm a demon."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:04 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

Damascus smiled a little at this, relieved. He turned his attention back on Ruth, squinting and surveying her form. As far as he could tell, she was pretty good at blending in, if not for the ordinary way she stood out with her hair color.

"You- you... you visit here too?" His voice brightened, and he went on in a rush. "I mean, do you sneak out, or do you have a mentor that just lets you go? And what about your eyes? How on earth are you able to disguise them?"
"what dose the raccoon look like?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

Ruth blinked at the sudden stream of questions.

"I don't have a mentor," she slowly said, glancing between Tessa and Damascus. Tessa gave a shrug. She had only just met Damascus, and literally just learned that he was a demon - how was she supposed to know what a demon's mentor would be? "And I've been around for a long time, so it's pretty easy to disguise them."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

A sudden thought occurred to him. Maybe Ruth was sent here to bring him back. Maybe his higher ups had finally tracked him down. He would have thought that she wouldn't have bothered being friendly and humoring him if she was planning on capture, but maybe that was exactly what she was counting on him to thing.

And really, what were the chances that another demon, especially one that was probably older than him, would also make a habit of visiting the human world?

With his face growing deathly calm, he shifted back into his biggest form. If he was a child right now, he reasoned, capture would be that much easier.

"If you're going to take me back, it's going to be because you overpowered me, not because you've fooled me." His eyes burned brightly, and he stepped out a little to put distance between Tessa and himself. "Don't expect me not to fight."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

Ruth and Tessa simultaneously blinked.

"Wait, what?" the demon of the two asked, seeming to notice how intimidating Damascus's form was but not really being fazed by it. She even went as far as taking a few steps forward and looking right up into his red eyes. "I'm not here to take you back. I don't even know where you're from."

There was a pause.

"No, wait," Ruth slowly said, looking him over. "I see it now. You're one of the punishment demons, aren't you? You spend your time in the afterlife, dolling out sentences to the deceased. So you must sneak out to check out the human world, but you're not supposed to - which is why you're getting so defensive right now."

Tessa quickly blinked, and in that very small window of time Ruth was suddenly standing side-by-side with Damascus - even though she hadn't even seen the demon move. She gave him a reassuring pat on the back. "But don't worry. I'm not important to do something like that. I'm just kind of here." She took a few steps back, then held her hand out to Damascus. "Ruth's just the name I was using at the party Tessa and I were at. My real name's Darunia Vain, but you can just call me Runi."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:57 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

Damascus squinted for a second at Runi, trying to guess if what she was saying was true. Finally, he broke into a hesitant grin and grabbed her hand, giving it a firm shake and putting his other one on top of it.

"It's nice to meet you, Runi." He let out a breath and let go of her hand. "I'm relieved. But... how are you not important? Are you referring to not having a position in the Underworld? Because if so, I would gladly prefer to be unimportant."

He put his hands on his hips and glanced back over at the playground. "Well, I don't perchance think you would be interested in testing the equipment." He looked back over at the girls. "Tessa, is there any place else you could think of that both Runi and I could enjoy?"
Last edited by ChristenedPages on Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

"I don't know," Tessa hesitantly said. She hadn't known Runi for all that long, either, and the only interests she had seemed to be that dance they were at. She was sure there were more of them, but it was hard to find them.

"I've got one," Runi said, straightening out her jacket. "I was already planning on hitting it up, and you two could come with me to it." She turned to look over at Damascus. "And, yeah, not an Underworld demon. I don't really do anything, to be honest. Other demons don't like me or my family much."

Tessa was silent for a moment. Runi hadn't mentioned that at the party, though, in retrospect, Tessa wasn't sure why she would have. That was something deeply personal, and she suspected she was only learning about it now because Damascus was there. "So what's the place you were thinking of?" she asked. "It can't be a bar, since I'm underage-"

"No," Runi said, grinning. "It's better than that. I was going to the arcade."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:16 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

Damascus blinked and squinted a bit, wondering if he had misheard Runi. An arcade was a passageway- she couldn't possibly mean that, could she?

"O- oh. The arcade? Is there an important one here, or-?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

"I mean, it's a pretty basic one," Runi admitted, "but at least they've got Dance Dance Revolution."

Tessa was beginning to suspect that something had been lost in translation when Runi suggested where they go next, so she made sure to turn to Damascus and give an explanation. "I'm not sure what you think an arcade is," she said, "but, in modern times, an arcade is a place that has a lot of games."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:38 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

"Oh! How interesting." He smiled a little as he thought this over. So people were able to play games so much in their free time that they dedicated a specific building for it. "Wait- what kind of games? Dance-dance? Is that a... a ballroom competition of some sort?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

"Something like that," Runi said, trying to hide a smile. This visit was going better than expected. While hanging out with Tess on her own was certainly fun, it was always cool to meet another demon - especially one that didn't seem to have any sort of prejudice towards other demons.

(Then again, she hadn't told him what type of demon she was, but she was going to hope that wouldn't change things if she did.)

"A lot of them are electronic," Tessa further explained. "They're hard to explain if you haven't been in an arcade before, but I think you'll like it if you like playing."
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:30 am
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

"Elec- electronic. Wonderful! Like electrons?" He smiled enthusiastically, tempted to add a 'see, I know about science stuff too!'. "Well, I'm sure it'll be fascinating, whatever it is. Let's go- shall we?"

He turned his feet in the opposite direction of the playground, eagerly waiting for Runi to take the lead.
Last edited by ChristenedPages on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

Runi and Damascus fell into step behind her as she led them to the arcade. Luckily, she had her wallet on here - they would have been in a great deal of trouble if she hadn't. She doubted Runi had any sort of cash with her, and Damascus certainly didn't.
mage

queer and here.

9 Reviews

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:19 pm
View Likes
ChristenedPages says...

Damascus

Damascus looked around as he followed Runi, taking in what he hadn't seen in the walk over to the park- and looking over the things he had again. He caught a glance of a ragged-looking man standing on the corner of the street and frowned, noticing when someone passing by handed him a wad of something.

It looked similar to what had happened to him once, when he had been visiting and was too slow to change his clothes. Someone walking by had handed him a couple pieces of a green sort of paper- he had guessed that it was currency. As a matter of fact, he still had it hidden in his safe of collectibles.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Tessa Bryant

Noticing Damascus's interest, she followed his gaze and found him staring at a homeless man. "He's homeless," she explained, her voice quiet. "People are giving him money so he can buy something to eat."
mage

queer and here.

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit