590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:51 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

James and the Bounty Hunter

By @Magestorrow and @soundofmind

James is on the run. He has been for quite some time, and tends to be pretty good about not being captured. He's become great at switching aliases and identities, and creating entirely new appearances to go with those identities. Still, his attempts to hide who he really is aren't perfect - there's just enough of a resemblance between his current appearance as a man named Erimor to the wanted poster for a bounty hunter named Darunia Vain to capture him.

But Darunia Vain has secrets of her own, and is beginning to come up with her own plan for what she wants to do with James Hawke. Or, according to his wanted poster, Tiberius Hemming.

mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

Runi was feeling pretty darn proud of herself, considering that she had managed to find and capture Tiberius Hemming.

In her currently short career as a bounty hunter, she had never been looking for him in particular. When someone had such a big price on their head, they tended to be good at hiding, and Runi hadn't even known where to start looking for him. So she had been dealing with all the small fry, bringing in minor criminals for a small bit of cash here and there.

But of course she hadn't been giving up on the dream of someday making it rich by catching Tiberius Hemming because he was worth a lot, and she could always do with more money. She had kept her eyes on the wanted posters, making sure no new details were added. And, lo and behold, when she was passing through a town, she found him playing as bard named Erimor there.

A day later, here they were, sitting underneath the stars in the forest bordering the town - Runi getting comfortable in front of the fire as she waited for their dinner to be ready, and Tiberius sitting there with his limbs all bound up. (Wrist to wrist, ankle to ankle. Tying him up to the nearest tree would be a little inhumane, so she'd only do something like that if she got really desperate.)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

James was annoyed, uncomfortable, and tired. For the life of him, he could not figure out a way to sit that wasn't awkward or slightly unnatural with his limbs bound, so he just had to bear with it.

He was still waiting for an opportunity to escape as he sat by the fire, watching the bounty hunter cook her food. He was already beginning to wonder how long it would be before he would eat next, or even get a bath. He dreaded the thought as a necessary evil - just a natural part of his life at that point.

With a small sigh, he resigned himself to staring into the fire. He'd have to wait for the woman to be sleeping before he could do much.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She noticed Tiberius shifting rather uncomfortably out of the corner of her eyes, and quickly decided that something needed to be done about that. She glanced between her meal and the man she had captured. There would still be a few minutes until it was finished cooking, so she had plenty of time to mess around with his bonds.

"Hmmm," she said, eyeing the ones around his ankles. Untying them would give him the opportunity to escape, but she had fast reflexes. She could easily kick his legs out from underneath him if he tried to run. "I'm going to untie the ropes around your ankles, and then you need to sit with your legs crossed. And don't try to escape - I'll catch you if you do. Got it?"
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

James looked at the woman with dead eyes. "Got it," he muttered.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She cracked her knuckles, did a little stretch, and then promptly got to work on untying his bonds. Even though he said that he understood, there was still the chance that he would try to escape. She wanted to do it as quickly as possibly to lessen that window of opportunity.

"There!" she said, holding the rope up with one hand. "Now cross your legs."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

James continued to stare at her with the same expression as he crossed his legs.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She was glad that he hadn't tried to escape yet, but it was the last part that kept her on her toes - he could have very well been waiting for the opportunity to dash off. She wasn't going to take any chances no matter what he was planning on doing. She leaned over his legs, quickly tied them together so the rope went both vertical and horizontal, and scooted back over to the space that she had been sitting in earlier.

"There you go," she said, sneaking him a grin as she looked back into the fire. The food would be done soon, and then she could tackle that hurdle. "That should be a little more comfortable, right? I'd untie you, but then you'd escape, so I think this is the best we're going to do right now-"

She paused, then looked back over at him.

"Oh, shoot!" she exclaimed, straightening. "I just realized that I never said who I was. I already know you're Tiberius Hemming from the posters, but you never heard learned my name - it's Darunia Vain, though everyone calls me Runi."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:54 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

James narrowed his eyes slightly at Runi and her friendliness despite her having captured him. She did realize she'd captured him to deliver him to the Moonlight Kingdom, where he'd be in prison and tortured... right? There was little reason to treat him like less than a bounty. Most bounty hunters didn't treat him like more than that. But Runi was talking to him like a person. It was... unsettling, so he started trying to figure out her motives. Until then, he went along with it.

"Under different circumstances, I would say it's nice to meet you," he said dryly. "But I think you can understand why it's not."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She thought for a moment, then nodded. "Yeah, that's fair."

Noticing that the food was now ready to be eaten, she hopped to her feet and made a beeline to the pack that she had left leaning up against a nearby tree. It didn't take long for her to get out the little metal plates she always carried with her, and took about just as long for her to return.

"I hope you like chicken," she said, taking it off of the fire. She pulled out a knife from her belt and cut a small piece of meat off. She chucked into her mouth. Noticing nothing funky about the taste, she went to work get some pieces off for Tiberius to eat. None of the pieces were too big and the meat was soft, so he wasn't going to need any sort of utensils to cut them. The less pointy objects he had, the better.

She put her own chicken on a plate, and then brought his over to him. She placed down beside his crossed legs. Now that her own hands were free, she quickly untied his bonds.

She returned to her seat and grabbed a big chunk of meat off of the chicken in front of her. "Go ahead! Eat it. I won't be offended if you don't like it, but you're probably going to want to eat it. I'm not sure when we'll be eating again.""
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:33 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

James was apprehensive to say the least. He looked down at his food with suspicion - or what he desperately wanted to be suspicion. If he had not seen her take a bite of the meat herself, he would have thought it to be drugged with something. Something to make him weaker, or sleepy, so he couldn’t fight back and she could sleep. But she’d untied his hands and prepared the meal not just for herself, but for him. A part of him told him to be grateful, but he didn’t like it. He was still her prisoner.

His mouth twisted up and he lifted up the plate slowly. Already, he was imagining the plate as a disk. He could throw it to catch her off guard for even a moment. Or better, he could set it back on his legs and use it to hide the slow progress he made on his bonds if he could distract her now and again. If he could untie his legs, he’d only have to wait for the right moment to dash off and run away, since he’d long since figured out the best escape route.

So as before, he kept going along with it. He gave her a small nod ashe set the plate back down in his lap and ripped off a piece of meat, throwing it in his mouth. It wasn’t bad. It was... better than he could do, probably.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She knew that James was thinking of running away. They always did; some had even attempted to enact escape plans once they had started eating. But none had ever successfully fled, due to how well she could keep an eye on her bounty. Right now was the perfect example of that - she was devouring her meal (perhaps a little too fast) while simultaneously staring at him as he eat his.

A little quirk of being the way she was. Cats did have a tendency to be great at watching their prey, and this cat right here was no exception.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

She was staring at him.

Which he expected, honestly, but it meant his previously conjured plan was useless, and he really would have to wait until she fell asleep. He met her eyes with his dead-eyed annoyance and stared back at her while he ate his own food, throwing it into his mouth without looking at it just like she was.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Darunia Vain

She couldn't help it - a grin started to grow across her face when she realized he was returning the look. Going by that annoyed expression on his face, he had definitely come to the realization that the escape plan he had been concocting wasn't going to work. She had always been a fast eater, so she easily devoured the rest of her makeshift meal before Tiberius. Now all that was left to do was watch him while he finished up his own meal.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

James Hawke

If James wasn't going to escape at the moment, the least he could do was make the most of his time and enjoy his hands being free. So while Runi shoved her face, he started to slow down and take his time while he ate. He finally broke eye contact with her, but kept watch out of the corner of his eye out of habit.

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower