Young Writers Society

Scar-faced d00ds

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"And what's that about a void? Is that some kind of evil magic thing? Sounds imposing."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:00 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He poked at his potatoes. "Well, things were made to have a balance. There was creation and destruction. The Void - destruction - was bound when the world was created but then Lucifer, in his arrogance, believed he could harness its power. He released it and fell from grace with his brother - Sathanus - soon to follow. The Void was chained again but Lucifer didn't give up. He released a part of it and it entered a vessel to become his minion. Unfortunately, he inadvertently let two other parts of it go, too, one of which bound to a human body and one of which was a more powerful manifestation than the first. That latter one is Boomslang, the elder sister of Apophis, who took my, uh...comrade's soul. Said comrade would be the human that got...given part of the Void. So, it's kind of, everything bad in a nutshell," he explained.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:42 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Dang," Bo marveled, letting out a slow sigh. "That's crazy that people are able to take people's souls in your reality. That sounds really terrible."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:09 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Kratzer nods. "It is. Wouldn't wish that fate on my - well. I'm a vindictive bastard so I might, but, the point still stands. Unfortunately, Auryon handed it over when she was a kid through a signed deal, so there's no way she can get it back now."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:20 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"That's seriously messed up," Bo concluded with a solemn shake of his head. "The uh, fact that she can't get it back I mean. And that they coerced her as a child."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Kratzer nodded in agreement. "Yeah, they really ficked with her head to pull that one off. Now she's one of the best assassins out there - absolutely amazing at what she does, but...not the most, er...stable of individuals. In theory it's possible for her to get it back if someone convinced Apophis to back out of the deal but Apophis is under the protection of her sister and no one that's in their right mind would fight Boomslang. It's really a mess."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:21 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Shoot. It sounds like Boomslang is crazy powerful. What kind of stuff can she do?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Well, she orchestrated two world wars. She managed to take me out with a snap of her fingers and that's when I was one of the most powerful vampires around. She's the most powerful entity pretty much everywhere. I don't know the full scope of her abilities but she can definitely shapeshift, possess corporeal bodies, manipulate minds and souls, raise the dead, manipulate thought and memories, and, uh....I think that's about all I've seen her do."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo stared down blankly at his plate.

"Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. That's like. Shoot, uh, that's intense," he chuckled a little awkwardly. "Here our magic and stuff is mostly elemental. Healing magic though is a little different. If used wrongly, it can get really messed up really quickly. I don't think I've really explained healing magic to you, have I?"

117 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:43 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

He shook his head. "Nein, you have not, but I'd love to hear it."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo smiled a little and nodded his head. "Okay, yeah! Well, healing magic is pretty awesome on the outside - I mean, still is - but like, on the surface it just looks like someone's hands glow and someone's bone is mended, or a cut is healed. But it's really interesting, though. In a way, healing magic is two things: it's a kind of time magic, but you can also manipulate an element, in a way, if you count the human body as one. Thinking about it like that can be a little weird though, and I feel like you can get where I'm going with how uh, it can get twisted if you use it wrong. But it also kind of uh, takes something out of the healer. They literally give their energy to your body to heal it, so in a way, they're literally giving life to parts of your body. And the bigger the injury, the more it take out of 'em. That's why healers can't really bring people back from the dead... unless they're willing to die in exchange. They'd literally have to give all of like, the life-force in their body to restore you, and that's, of course, if they get to you in time. It would have to be like, really soon after you die sort of thing."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:44 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

"Oh, we've got something like that!" he said, snapping his fingers. "I mean, it's a bit reversed for the most part - raising undead and stuff - but it functions similarly. Then there's a few people that can actually heal like that but those are mostly just angels. We can't bring people back to life, though. That's taboo and impossible for anyone that's not Azrael or maybe Boomslang."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:12 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo nodded as Kratzer explained. "Oh, it's taboo here too! Especially with magic being outlawed an all, but even in the small underground society where magic is practiced openly, it's frowned upon, usually. Though it does make for some dramatic stories in fiction! That said, if healers use their magic for more destructive purposes than uh, healing ones, their magic has a way of corrupting and reversing. Instead of being able to give life and health they can end up sucking the life out of people sort of thing. But in all accounts, healers who've gone that route met a painful death. Healing magic wasn't really meant to be used that way, and it really takes a toll on you."

117 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:33 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Kratzer shook his head. "If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you don't screw around with the powers that be. Especially with anything relating to souls, demons, or magic. You just don't."

he/him/his

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:58 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo nodded his head, putting on a semi-serious look and rubbing his beard.

"Yes. Never mess with magic. It threatens the balance," he said, using a more 'proper,' deeper sounding voice.

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde