The Lotus

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:25 pm
Mageheart says...

The Lotus

By @Saen and @zaminami!

Being a paladin of Voltron involves many things: saving the universe, fighting the Galra, and helping those in need when they come across them. What Keith and Lance didn't sign up for, however, was taking a break on a deserted planet on their trip back to Earth and suddenly finding themselves in an alternate reality when they mess around with technology from a civilization long ago.

Being Maahes also involves many things: helping natives of the planets he visits as Leonardo Cartwright, pretending to be a Goa'uld to gain audience with the one he wishes to kill, and dealing with the bizarre things that happen when exploring a galaxy like the Milky Way. The one thing he's not prepared for is for two teenagers to suddenly show up in the back of the ship, going off about a giant robot named Voltron.

Though they have their obvious differences, they'll have to work together if they want to find a way to get Lance and Keith back home.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:06 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

"This was your fault," Keith hissed to Lance under his breath. "You were the one who wanted to sneak into the ship."

"You didn't have to go with me," Lance pointed out, whispering as well. "And it was deserted! How could I know that the pilot was on the ship?"

"Obviously there was, and I had to go to make sure that you didn't get yourself killed, or worse!" Keith whisper-shouted, his voice nearing to above a whisper. Lance shushed him and Keith quieted down, though begrudgingly.

Earlier that day, Voltron had stopped on a deserted planet as a rest stop to go to Earth. Lance, being Lance, decided to explore. However, Allura decided that he needed a chaperone, so she sent Keith with him. They had wandered around for a few hours--

"Wow! Look at that tree! It's all knobbly!"

--when they saw a seemingly deserted ship.

"Oh, a ship!" Lance exclaimed. Keith allowed himself a sarcastic thought about Captain Obvious before shaking his head.

"No, Lance, we're not going in there."

Lance pouted like a child. "Please? We can make it a race!"

Keith shook his head no. The two bickered for about thirty minutes, starring Lance and his childish arguments and Keith and his stubbornness. Eventually, Lance began to run towards the ship. Keith, not wanting to get in trouble with Allura, followed him.

Now, they were sitting as quietly as possible, their backs against some boxes and watching the very entertaining outlines of other boxes secured with what looked like cords move ever so slightly back and forth as they flew.

Every now and then, Keith would mumble something about how angry he was at Lance, which caused the latter to snap back, albeit in whispers. Keith wanted nothing less to be stuck in this situation, with Lance, no less, but that's what happened.

Spoiler! :
@Saen I started! I think that they're a bit OOC but whatever. I usually start like that :/
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:51 am
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He had noticed something was off about his ship when he had taken off, but he hadn't been able to put his finger on what. It felt slower than usual. Though he at least knew that, he didn't know why. It was only now that he was starting to get a good idea of what the cause was - it was probably something heavy in the back of ship. He tried to run through a list of what that heavy something could be. Maybe an animal had snuck aboard when he was investigating the area around where he had landed his ship?

No, that couldn't be right. Wouldn't he have heard something...?

He got to his feet and quietly made his way over the pad that would open the door to the back. As he lingered there, he suddenly noticed the sounds of people talking from the back area. The two voices he heard were both young and male, and sounded like they were bickering. He couldn't even begin to imagine who would have been back there, given that the planet he had landed on to get rid of old supplies had been uninhabited.

He pressed the pad, and light flooded the back room as the door opened.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale