The Magical Four

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

She raised a hand and pointed at the enormous circle before them. "That's a stargate! They're also called ancestral rings in some parts, but ever since Atlantis showed up, people having been calling them that instead." She nudged Sune in the direction of the dialing device, but he had once again stiffened when he realized that the two magical brothers were paying attention to him.

So, instead, she marched over to it and started hitting the sequence of coordinates they needed to return to their current home. It wasn't that hard; Sune and her always made a point of memorizing the new dialing sequence every time they set up camp on a different planet.

She hit the last one.

The wormhole shot out of the circle, engulfing the air around it. This finally got a reaction of Sune - he jumped back ever so slightly, having been too caught up in his fear to notice that she was almost done dialing home.

"Once you hit the right dialing sequence, a wormhole like that one opens up," Arin informed the two brothers as she spun around to face them. "It'll bring us to another planet. As long as you know the coordinates, you're able to get to any planet you want to go to! This one in particular is just one that Sune and I set up camp in, but you can get to some really cool places through stargates."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:13 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"I see," said Zhi Huang, taking in the whole process with interest. "That's fascinating." He broke his gaze away from the wormhole to study Sune, who appeared to be very conscious of him and Zhi Hui. "Um, are you all right? You seem a little..."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

"I'm, uh, fine!" he hurriedly replied, even more flustered by the conversation than the silence that had preceded it.

He could see Arin giving him a bemused look out of the corner of his eye. That, in turn, made him grow even more self-conscious. After all, they were dealing with genuine magical people. He had to make a good impression, or else they wouldn't want to talk to him and he wanted to stay on their good side if he could and-

Arin slipped her hand into his and gave a reassuring squeeze.

"Sune's just a little nervous because we haven't met any other magical people before," she explained. He gave her a grateful, nervous smile after the words registered. At least she could articulate it.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:49 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"Oh," he replied, not knowing how else to respond. He cleared his throat awkwardly. "I guess that's, uh . . . reasonable. Anyways, why don't we go now? I'm looking forward to seeing where you two are living right now."

Zhi Hui smirked at his brother. As much as Zhi Huang liked attention, he was out of his element when it was a rare or different kind of attention.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:44 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

"You might be a little disappointed," she admitted, giving Sune a small tug as she approached the stargate. "We're camping out in an old set of ruins of a civilization that was probably killed by the wraith. It's hard to tell because they look so old, but the wraith are responsible for 99.99% of this galaxy's problems."

She put her foot into the wormhole. She was about to step all the way in with Sune in tow when she realized that she had forgotten to tell them a crucial piece of information. "Since you've never used one of these before, you might throw up your lunch after this."

Then she stepped through.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:45 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

Zhi Hui wasn't about to embarrass himself by losing his last meal in front of strangers. Just the thought of such a possibility brought heat shooting back into his cheeks. No. He focused his inner energy to stabilize his digestive system before stepping through after Zhi Huang, who had already followed behind Arin and Sune.

Hopefully Zhi Huang didn't begin to vomit whenever they reached, well, wherever this camp was. The last time it had happened was because on one of their visits to the Mortal Realm he had, out of curiosity, tried to eat something that either turned out to be incompatible with his stomach or was just something Celestials couldn't eat in general--that had been a trying time.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

They arrived at their current home without a hitch. Casually walking through the wormhole, Arin and Sune both made sure to leave plenty of space in front of the wormhole. The less experienced tended to stumble or even fall when they exited the stargate. Neither one of them wanted to be knocked to the ground by either of the brothers.

"You know, you can change your guise now," Arin surmised, "since they know that you have magic."

Sune fidgeted. "I'll just wait for them to come through," he hesitantly decided. "I don't want to confuse them."

Arin shrugged. "I'm good with whatever you want to do."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:19 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

Zhi Huang stepped out of the wormhole, taking a few steps forward to regain his balance. He looked at Arin and Sune and grinned. "That was fun! Let's do that again sometime soon." That adrenaline rush had been spectacular.

Just then, Zhi Hui stumbled out and had to grab onto his twin's arm to steady himself.

"Whoa there," said Zhi Huang, holding in his laughter at Zhi Hui's facial expression. "Are you okay?"

Zhi Hui cleared his throat and the near-terror in his eyes disappeared with a blink as he composed himself. "I'm fine," he mumbled, not looking back at the wormhole. "I'm usually a lot more graceful than this..."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

She gave a sheepish smile.

"It's okay," she said. "I forgot to mention how hard it is for first-timers to get their balance afterwards. I was too little when I went through the first time to really remember the experience, but Sune fell flat on his face and then cried out about afterwards."

Sune looked over at her. "I was five."

She shrugged, a mischievous glint to her eyes as she did so. "I'm just saying how I remember it."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:12 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

"Looks like I didn't have to worry about you throwing up everywhere," whispered Zhi Hui into Zhi Huang's ear.

Zhi Huang's eyes widened. "What do you take me for? I'm not that weak. But you, on the other hand--"

Zhi Hui slapped his brother on the shoulder. "Hey!"

"Anyways," said Zhi Huang loud enough for everyone to hear, "so this is it, huh?" He looked all around them at their surroundings.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

He turned away from the stargate, now facing the ruins that had been behind him instead. They were nothing particularly special. Stone structures that might have once been houses dotted the landscape, interspersed between tall grass and towering trees. There were only a few places that were in relatively habitable shape. The one that they had taken refuge in lately was underneath one of the larger trees in the area - they had done some repairs when they had arrived, and it had a working ceiling as well as several decent windows.

"Yeah," Sune said. A small smile began to grow across his face. "It is."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:57 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"Ooh," he said, and he ran ahead of the group to stand in front of the shelter. He looked at every angle, high and low, and peered inside.

It didn't look very nice, but Zhi Huang wasn't about to hurt their feelings by saying so. They wandered around, as they said, so it was a given they wouldn't have much.

The handiwork looked pretty solid, though. "This place seems very stable. Did you two build it together?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

She gave a big, hearty nod. "Yup! Well, not completely, anyways. Sune and I took some parts from other buildings and used them to repair some important parts of this one. Namely the roof, because it sucks trying to fall asleep with buckets of rain falling on you."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

Zhi Hui shivered at the thought of sleeping in cold, pouring rain. He was glad for his own soft bed in the Celestial Palace, but that thought brought back some despair and a question.

"This is all really great," he said softly, going to Zhi Huang's side, "but we need to figure out a way to get back home. What will everyone think if we don't reappear in a few days? The officials and Fuhuang will probably start gathering the Celestial army together to fight the Shadow Empire because of us."

"Oh, you're right," said Zhi Huang, frowning slightly. "We can't let that happen."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:25 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

Arin suddenly grabbed him by the arm and gave it a sharp tug. He almost gave a startled cry at the sudden burst of pain, but managed to hold it back when he realized she was just trying to get him to lean down. "They're whispering," she said in a very low voice.

"We are too," Sune pointed out.

"Yeah, because they did it first. Anyways, what are we supposed to do with them? We can't keep them here forever, right? They need to get back home, and we can't perform with them tagging along. They'd get upset because they'd think we don't want to help them."

Sune bit his lip, immediately wincing afterwards. He kept forgetting how sharper this guise's teeth were compared to some of his human ones - it wasn't too sharp, but there was a good difference between them.
mage

queer and here.

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered