Young Writers Society

The Magical Four

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:14 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"I don't know how much this'll help, but Zhi Hui and I can cast convincing disguises not just on ourselves, but on others. Not so many at once, mind you--we're not that powerful yet--but one each might be fine." Zhi Huang gave both Sune and Zhi Hui his most charming, winning smile, hoping that they'd agree. "If we need to disguise like the people on Atlantis, that is."

"Dear brother, have you forgotten that we need to find a way back to the Immortal Realm?" By his tone, Zhi Hui wasn't buying it. "Sune's right. We shouldn't go searching for danger in an unknown place."
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

So one of them was convinced, and the other wasn't. She could work with that. She met Zhi Huang's eyes as she spoke, Sune groaning quietly beside her. "We can change our forms up, too," she said. "Sune could do a lot more than I can, but I could make myself look older and copy their uniforms."

"But we have to help them get back home, just like Zhi Hui said," Sune argued. "And I don't think it's a good idea to go barging in there just so I can understand myself better-"

"But it's Atlantis," she interrupted. "They'd totally have something that we could use to get them back home, right? They've got fancy tech, and I've heard their stargate can go anywhere."

She turned her gaze back to Zhi Huang.

"We could totally kill two birds with one stone."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:18 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

Zhi Huang smiled. “Exactly. There’s no use in just hiding and being afraid if we end up not finding a way to go back.”

Except, the thought of never returning home was extremely sobering.

“If Atlantis has tools to help us, we should do our utmost to get there.”
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

He glanced over at Arin again, a groan dying on his lips as he thought over what she had said. He had always pushed away the thought of going to Atlantis until they had finally met its new people for the first time, but they had never been lucky enough to arrive at a planet the same time Atlantis's inhabitants did.

He needed to find out more about he was someday. He had always known that, but he had told himself that he could wait if it meant making sure he and Arin stayed safe. But now there were two other people who desperately needed the information there so they could return home, and he couldn't come up with the excuse that it was safer to wait. Zhi Hui and Zhi Huang couldn't wait; they had to go back home as soon as possible.

He took a deep breath, air filling his essence instead of his nonexistent lungs.

"Okay," he decided. "I'm alright with us going, as long as we don't start up any major confrontations between us and the people there."

Arin gave an excited cheer from beside him.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:10 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"Great!" exclaimed Zhi Huang, grinning. "When do we go?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:47 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

A barely hidden yawn from Arin quickly answered Zhi Huang's question.

"I think tomorrow might be the best time to start figuring that out," Sune decided. Arin opened her mouth to protest, but another yawn quickly left it instead--they had just escaped from the wraith, after all. It had been a tiring day. "After you all get a good night's sleep, we can figure out how we'll get there and what we'll do once we're there."

He gave look over in Arin's direction, imploring her to agree. He was waiting for her to start doing the spell of dismissal, but she just pressed her head up against his arm instead. He was starting to suspect that this was going to be one of those nights where she wanted his company, even though there were two other people present in the room.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

"That's a good idea," he said quickly, before anything came out of his brother's mouth. Not that Zhi Huang would argue, but it was still best to make sure. "Let's sleep first, then, and talk more about this tomorrow."

Would anyone be realizing that the twins were missing by now? Would anyone be worried? Those types of thoughts swirled about in Zhi Hui's head once again. He gave Zhi Huang a side-eye. This had better help us get home.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

Sleep came quickly for Arin, but Sune didn't have that luxury. He waited until she was fast asleep beside him before reaching under their makeshift bed and digging for a book to read while she slept. He had already read most of them, but it never hurt to reread them on nights like this.
mage

queer and here.

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale