The Magical Four

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:45 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

"You are right on other people not having it here," he said, giving Zhi Huang a small smile. "Essence comes from what I guess you could call another dimension. People like me come from there, and essence is what makes up all of that place. When you give someone like me a name, it's because you've just taken some of the essence and brought it to this dimension."

Arin gave him an affectionate pat on the back. "Sune's literally made up of it. I've got flesh and bones, but he doesn't really have that. It just looks like he does. And the crazy part is that his essence isn't supposed to take on a shape but has to, so it takes on a really interesting looking one when you get past the illusions."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:58 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

"Oh?" Zhi Hui heard his brother say. "What shape? How does it work?"

"You don't think you're prying too much?" asked Zhi Hui dryly.

"We're all friends here, I'm sure Sune doesn't mind," replied Zhi Huang, smiling unabashedly.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

He shifted uncomfortably. His true form was something that rarely came up, due to only Arin really knowing the truth about him, but he wanted to share. He wanted to say something about what he was really like, even he wasn't sure these two would really understand.

"I think the best description of me is an eldritch monstrosity," he weakly said. "I'm a little bit terrifying. Even Arin screams and faints when she sees me like that."

Arin frowned. "I was five."

He raised an eyebrow. "You did it just last week."

She crossed her arms. "It took me by surprise!" she protested.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

"We have no idea what that is," said Zhi Huang, "but how frightening could it really be?"

Zhi Hui sighed.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
I couldn't help but think of this scene from Fullmetal Alchemist when writing this reply. :P

Arin

"Really frightening," she said, not even hesitating after the question was asked. "Like it-makes-your-nightmares-look-like-pleasant-dreams-frightening. He's got tentacles everywhere-" Here she mimed tentacles waving up and down with her arms. "-and there's so many of them that I can't even see his face."

Sune frowned. "You can see it."

She could, but she was trying to tell a story, and she was prone to exaggerate just a little when telling them. After all, she was a storyteller. It was in her blood. She ceased waving her arms, and pulled her lips back to reveal a set of incredibly sharp teeth. "He's got two mouths, one on top of the other, and they've both got really really sharp teeth, just like this." She pointed at her back. "He's got wings-Actually, those are kind of pretty. But they're still terrifying when you combine them with everything else - like his glowing red eyes."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:16 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

He blinked for a few moments. "Oh," he said. "I see."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

She grinned. "Technically you haven't, since you haven't gotten a good look at his true form yet-" Eyes widening as she got a new idea, she spun around to face her boyfriend. "Sune, you should show them your true form!"

He immediately went pale. "They might be afraid-"

She dismissed his concerns with a wave of her hand. "They're magical. They can deal with it. Come on, Sune! You gotta show them."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:08 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

I like how she assumes we want to see it, Zhi Hui thought sarcastically to himself. Well, Ah-Huang might.

Just then, Zhi Huang said, "Sure, go ahead. It's probably not that bad."

"Yeah . . ." echoed Zhi Hui. It probably really wouldn't be any worse than some of the Shadow Empire's grotesque experiments, anyways.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

He took a deep breath.

He let his guise slip, slowly going from one plane to the other - right up until he reached the final, first plane. He simplified it so it wouldn't be as hard to fit into the building. It was slightly smaller, and he made sure that the tentacles didn't brush up against Arin too much.

And then he let he let his guise return to the one he was previously using, doing the whole change so quick that the two could have missed it if either one of them blinked.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:03 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Huang

He was at a loss for words. "Oh," he said again. "Wow."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Sune

He ducked his head down and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:43 pm
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

Zhi Hui made a quiet noise of acknowledgement, then cleared his throat awkwardly. "So . . . do you have any other abilities? Either of you, that is."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

"Nope!" she answered. "I mean, we're both supposedly able to do some pretty cool magical attack things, but neither of us really know how to do that because the closest thing we've had to a teacher is a bunch of old books we find when exploring planets."

An almost dreamy look came over her face. "We've been waiting to hit a goldmine someday and find out more, and we're almost entirely certain we can find better information on Atlantis. We've heard that the library is enormous there." The look faded, and she frowned. "But we never got a chance to get to Atlantis - a bunch of people from another planet arrived, and they got there before us. Now it's armed to the teeth, so we've been guessing that it'll take awhile before they let us in - assuming we can find a way there."
mage

queer and here.

81 Reviews

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Zhi Hui

Zhi Huang's brows drew together, a sign that he was thinking hard about something.

"No, Ah-Huang," said Zhi Hui immediately, his expression growing wary. "Don't even think about it. She already said--"

"Why don't we try to help you get to Atlantis?" Zhi Huang leaned forward excitedly. "I'm sure Ah-Hui and I have enough ability to get us through the guards--or, whatever's in the way."

"Why do you always have to do this?" groaned Zhi Hui. "Not just me this time, but you want to drag others into trouble too?"

His brother sent him an innocent look that said, What trouble?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Arin

Her face immediately lit up at the proposal.

"Yes!" she eagerly agreed. "Let's do it. All we have to do is get to the library and then we could find out everything we've ever wanted to know-"

"Arin," Sune hissed, "I don't think that's a good idea."

Her grin immediately turned into a frown. "Why not?"

Sune took a deep breath. "They're incredibly dangerous. They have weapons that no one here has ever seen before, and they're so powerful that they can defeat the wraith. Multiple times. Even if there's four of us, I don't think we'd be able to get through them."

"But we've all got magic," Arin argued.

"They have many people with many weapons," Sune pointed out.

She frowned even more. Why couldn't he just agree with her? This was the closest they had ever been to finding out more about themselves! It was so close that she could almost touch it - she wanted it more than anything.

Spoiler! :
I forget if I mentioned this when we were planning for this DTWH thread, but the people on Atlantis are actually military personnel and scientists from Earth.
mage

queer and here.

As the notifications drift in I stop and wonder. Why do they take so long? Do they have adventures we don't know about? I bet they do. When they come I will ask myself. What amazing adventure has this straggling notification been on? How far did it travel, and why didn't it take me?
— TypoWithoutCoffee