The Gifted Quartet

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:26 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

SCARLET

“Oh, no.” Scarlet came back down again. “Erm, Sune?”
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:46 am
Mageheart says...

Sune

He finally managed to process what he saw when Scarlet landed back on the ground. His posture loosened, and he wiggled his way out from Arin's tight grasp.

"Y-You can fly," he managed to get out. "And you can control air? That's-that's incredible."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:34 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

SCARLET

“It is, isn’t it? There are other people who can control the other elements: ice, lightning, earth, fire and water. Air’s one of the rarer ones.”

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:46 pm
Mageheart says...

Arin

Now that he had overcome his initial shock, Sune seemed quite eager to learn more about the other magical users. "Can we meet them? Also, aren't there any limitations to your magic? Do you hurt around certain things? Have you ever heard of summoning-"

"Sune," Arin interrupted, placing a hand on his shoulder, "you're going to overwhelm them."

He ducked his head down in embarrassment as his face grew red. "Oh. Right. Sorry. It's just that I've never gotten a chance to talk to anyone other than Arin about magical stuff."
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:01 am
View Likes
Danni88 says...

SCARLET

She laughed. “No problem, I love talking about it. Maruco and I don’t really hurt around things, but if a fire elementalist got zapped by a water or ice elementalist, they would die a slow death. I think elves can’t be around iron and isn’t there another one?”

Maruco nodded. “Healers can’t be around excents. It’s a type of tree - I’m not sure if you get them in space. As for limitations, there aren’t really any to Scarlet’s magic, but if I shapeshifted into, say, an illusionist, I wouldn’t take on their powers.”

“I think we’ve heard of summoning,” Scarlet interrupted. “Didn’t Alex use it once? And yes, of course you can meet the others!”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 am
Mageheart says...

Sune

He was grinning from ear-to-ear when he heard their answers. One of them had to be like him, right? Elves couldn't be around iron. That didn't include silver, which was the more painful of the two, but it was something. Maybe elves were what Arin was - descendants of his kind, their powers so diluted that they only had specific abilities and triggers.

"Can we meet them now?" he hesitantly asked. "Or do we have to do something else first?"
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:06 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

MARUCO

“Yeah, you can meet them now.”

The deafening gong sounded again. Scarlet jumped. “Argh, I hate that thing! Anyway, it means we’ve missed potions. It’s lunch now, so most of them will be down here.”

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:26 am
Mageheart says...

Arin

Arin was used to sudden noises, but she still jumped when she heard the loud noise ring out through the little room. She instinctively threw her arms around Sune in her surprise, Sune doing the same thing. The reaction was nothing special; they tended to grab onto each other when startled.

Then they both realized that it was nothing to worry about, and Sune sheepishly pulled away from the incredibly tight embrace. "Don't we have to meet with some sort of authority person or something?" Arin asked, gesturing with her hands while she talked. "That tends to happen when we find groups of people on other planets. If we don't, there tends to be a heck of a lot of confusion and the person who first met us tends to come under fire - though I have absolutely no idea why."

Sune coughed something that sounded suspiciously like "maybe because there was that one time where we set that village's council room on fire" but Arin didn't directly address it. After all, it had been completely justified. They had treated her horribly because of her gender, and Sune had come under metaphorical fire because he had been using a female guise at the time as well.
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:38 am
View Likes
Danni88 says...

MARUCO

"You could," he said uncertainly, "but I wouldn't recommend it. They'll ask loads of questions and probably want to go to where you came from. They might even lock you up."

He brightened. "Hang on. There is somebody you could meet."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am
Mageheart says...

Sune

He nervously looked between Maruco and Scarlet. "They would want to lock us up?" he questioned. He didn't understand why that would be the case. They had said that this place was one of magic. Wouldn't they, of all people, have been the most understanding of them? Even more importantly, the two of them were just teenagers. Who would look two kids up?

"And that somebody you mentioned doesn't want to do that?" Arin wisely added.
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

MARUCO

"There are some pretty stupid people in the schoolt. They would try and lock you away. But no, this guy wouldn't."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:30 am
Mageheart says...

Arin

She instinctively grabbed onto Sune's arm. "I'm not really liking the sound of this place," she said, though she knew there was nowhere else for them to go. They had to follow what Scarlet and Maruco said. Or, at the very least, follow it long enough for them to get an idea of what this place was like so they could easily sneak around and find a way back to where they had been last.
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

SCARLET

“Come on - let’s try and find him.” She heads out of the room.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:39 pm
Mageheart says...

Sune

Sune and Arin exchanged a look, then reluctantly began to follow Scarlet out of the room. They both tried to look as inconspicuous as possible, but that was difficult when they both knew they would be completely unfamiliar to the people present in the school. They just had to hope that they weren't too noticeable.
mage

queer and here.

104 Reviews

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

SCARLET

They don’t get far before a small red-haired girl accosts them. She looks worried. “Scarlet, I can’t find my wand anywhere! Have you seen it?”

“I don’t think so,” she replies nervously. “Did you look in the Pegasus stables?”

She shakes her head. “No - I’ll go there now.” She smiles at Arin and Sune. “Who are they?”

“Er, they’re new,” Scarlet said hastily. “Just showing them around. We’ve got to go, Emma.” She beckons for the others to follow and rushes around the corner, leaving Emma looking confused.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson