Young Writers Society

Bo and Maahes: The Dynamic Duo

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Oh, no, it's really fine!" Bo said with sincerity. "I mean, I kinda walked right into that question anyway," he laughed. "Doesn't mean it's still not kind of scary to think about, but it is what it is."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"Yeah..." he replied, trailing off as he tried to focus on the book again. He didn't want to think about how his own magical connections had ended; Annie was long gone, and now he was left here to deal with the aftermath and guilt that followed her death.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"But I mean!" Bo continued. "It's kind of uncertain. I don't really know that I'll die for sure. What I do know is that I'm... the next inheritor of Ivar's magic. But if he can't get to me to give it before he dies... I dunno. Maybe I'll go in a coma? Maybe I'll die? Maybe I'll be fine, and I'll just lose my magic until I find him. I might age super quickly then, though? I'm not sure. There's really no one else like me in our world. My magic isn't even like everyone else's... it's... weird and. I dunno. Even Mickey doesn't have all the answers. Which is kinda scary. 'Cause he actually is a dragon."

Bo paused, realizing that he'd been rambling while Leo had gone back to reading. He flushed. "O-oh, or, uh, sorry."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:35 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

Maahes was so startled by the last comment that he paused his pseudoreading and promptly knocked the books off of the table. Muttering a quick word of apology, he leaned down and frantically began to grab them. Once they were in a pile and back on the table, he slipped back into his seat.

He stared at Bo from behind his book again.

"He's a dragon?" he whispered; it just seemed right to whisper about something like that. "H-He doesn't look it. He looks like a human. I never would have..."

He trailed off. Was it an illusion of sorts? Was that it? He should have checked the planes when he had the chance! Now all he could do was desperately hope that dragons in this world had the same definitions back on Earth.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:57 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo's eyebrows shot up. In the even of Leo's arrival, he'd almost completely forgotten that Leo wasn't from their world. That was to say, it would be shocking that Mickey was a dragon to someone even from their world, but Leo looked especially surprised.

"Oh! Haha, uh! Yeah! Dragons here can uh... take different forms than their original? He's been walking around as a human for years, and I've seen his dragon form all but once. It's kind of like werewolves in a way I guess? Except he can turn into any existing race if he wanted to. His human form is just the one he's used to, 'cause uh, he's around humans all the time. And he started as a human. Or was a human. Before he became a dragon."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:32 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"Oh."

He couldn't figure out what else to say, mainly because he couldn't figure out how he felt about this situation in the first place. He should have been ecstatic to hear that he wasn't the only person in this world that could change their forms, but all he could think about right now was how even Mickey was like him. Mickey had been a human before, and dragons weren't exactly the same type of being as he was. They were...normal. They were made of flesh and bone. They didn't hurt when they got too close to certain metals, and certain herbs didn't bother them. Mickey and him were fundamentally different. Why had he been stupid enough to think that they weren't?
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Uh..." Bo laughed nervously. Poor Leo was new to their world. He didn't know if he was being confusing. "Gosh, uh. Sorry for just, dumping all the information on you! Haha! But uh, really, if you have questions I really don't mind answering anything at all."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"It's okay," he said, giving Bo a little smile before completely hiding himself behind the safety of his book. "It's just...well, it's just a little hard to handle. I mean, he's a dragon. I never thought I'd get to meet a dragon someday. I didn't even know they existed."

The ramble wasn't intentional, but it hopefully sounded like a realistic response to what was being said. He would add on more if it failed to distract Bo was from his reaction, but, for now, he'd just go back to reading his book. Maybe the words would serve as the distraction he desperately needed.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:14 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Maahes... was giving him mixed messages. On the one hand, what he was saying expressed interest, but when he hid his face behind the book, he was pretty positive something else was up. But... he wasn't going to push it. At least, not yet.

"Haha, yeah, it is... pretty wild!" he said in agreement, before sliding his book back over to read it again, and letting the conversation fall into silence.

Spoiler! :
shall i... timeskippy?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:49 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He was grateful that his ramble seem to have done its job; Bo hadn't continued the topic, and hadn't questioned why he had suddenly hid his face behind his book again. Keeping his gaze down, he read through the next page in front of him. He was actually quite the fast reader - an added bonus of being a spirit and being around for so long. He just had to pace himself when reading in front of other people. He didn't to draw attention to himself by flipping through the pages too fast.

Spoiler! :
Sure thing!
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:01 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo let Leo take his time in the library, and kept himself from interrupting Leo more as he perused more of the books. He took the time to do some reading himself, but after a while, grew a bit bored, and ended up just looking at pictures.

Mickey came in after a while, knocking on the doorframe to announce his arrival.

"Dinner will be ready in a minute," he said to Bo. "You're welcome to join us Leo, if you want to sit with us," he grinned, almost with a knowing kind of smile. "And if you want to eat you can too. But we love to chat as well."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:37 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He looked up from the book he was currently reading.

He ran through the list of options in his head. There was only so many times he could skip eating without creating suspicion. Skip dinner, and he'd have to eat breakfast. Eat dinner, and he could probably make it to lunch or even dinner of the next day if he feigned eating some small snack when no one was watching. He could lower the amount of food he needed to eat if he claimed he had a large meal before he arrived here.

"I'd love to," he said. And he honestly did want to sit and chat with Bo and Mickey and all of the other mages there, even if that meant having to stuff his face with food that his essence couldn't digest.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

"Sweet!" Bo said as he hopped up out of his seat. "Let's go!" He hurried over to the doorway to follow Mickey, gesturing for Leo to follow.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

Unlike Bo, he took his time getting out of his seat - though he wasted no time in hurrying on after Bo once he was out of it. He had only gotten to see this library during his time in the underground building. This was his first chance to get a look at what else was there.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:47 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

They entered a hallway that closely resembled the library in it's architectural beauty - with details engravings on each stone pillar lining it, a pattern of pillars and lamps leading the way.

Bo followed behind Mickey's shorter steps.

"How did reading go?" Mickey asked Leo.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart