Bo and Maahes: The Dynamic Duo

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:18 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yuna

Yuna's brows drew together in as she looked up at Maahes, and she pouted. "Aww... really? Are you tired? I'm sorry," she whispered, letting her eyes fall to the floor. "Will you tell anyone I was up past my bedtime?"
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He gave her a weak smile. "I won't," he said, though something told him that it was going to be a very hard secret to keep. He gave her a little wave, darted out into the hallway, and let his memories guide him to Bo's room as tears began to form in the corner of his eyes. The feeling of that alone was enough to further alarm him; he wasn't supposed to have tears rolling down his cheeks! He furiously tried to wipe them away, but now he was only crying harder.

He somehow managed to get to Bo's room, despite the flow of tears streaming from his now human eyes, and gave a frantic, short knock. "B-Bo?" he barely got out. "Something...something's really wrong."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo's eye struggled to open as he fought his way to consciousness upon hearing Maahes's voice. He'd been sleeping deeply, but he was used to having to wake up with little to no notice, ready for anything. With a hurried swipe of his arms he threw his covers off and walked over to his door, pulling it open only to look down at a teary-eyed, sobbing Maahes.

That was enough to wake him up. He rubbed his eye quickly and leaned on the side of the doorway, leaning down a little.

"Maahes? What happened? Are you okay, buddy?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"N-No!" he replied, frantically trying to wipe away his tears with his sleeve. He didn't want to keep crying, but he couldn't help it--he had never once been able to actually cry, so he had no idea how he was supposed to convince his now human body to stop-

The thought of being stuck like this only made him cry harder.

"I-I was in the garden," he said. He knew the moment he gave that answer that he'd have to spill her secret, but there was nothing he could really do about it. "Y-Yuna was showing me hers. An-And she asked me to try a berry, and I-I know my essence can't handle food b-but I had to say yes. So I-I tried it, and n-now I'm stuck like this!"

His hands tightly gripped the bottom of his shirt as he looked up into Bo's eye. "I-I'm human now, Bo," he whispered, "and I-I can't feel a single bit of my magic."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:37 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo had to admit he was confused. He had never heard of a berry taking away someone's magic before, nevermind turning them into a human, but then again, Maahes wasn't from Nye. Their foods could affect him differently, especially if he wasn't supposed to eat food anyway. With a worried gaze, he looked down at his friend and set a hand gently on Maahes's shoulders.

"I'm sorry Maahes. I'm sure this feels very scary - but I'm sure if a berry got you into this mess, we can find a way out of it. We've got a dozen different doctors who can work on figuring out an antidote. And we've got Mickey, and he's more keen about strange things happening with magic. It might take a while, but we will figure this out, okay? We'll do everything we can to get you back to normal."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"O-Okay," he managed to get out. He wanted to flinch away from Bo when the feeling of him touching his shoulders registered; the sensation was all wrong. He didn't think Bo really understood what he was experiencing at the moment. It wasn't like he had suddenly had his magic taken away from him. He had.

But it was more than that.

His entire biology was thrown off. Instead of free flowing essence, everything was restricted in cells and human biology. He had a heart pounding in his chest. Lungs taking in terrified breath after terrified breath. A brain trying its best to understand how he was supposed to get through this mess.

And, oh Altera, he was going to have to sleep. How did someone even do that? He had feigned it for his entire life, but he didn't have the slightest idea how he was supposed to get this body to rest. What if he couldn't? What it took more than a day or two for them to figure out an antidote, and he just kept staying up as his body slowly withered away? Sleep deprivation wasn't good. And what if he couldn't handle the foods he tried to eat? What would his body do to him?

What if he had allergies?
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:10 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo mimicked motions of breathing in and out, slowly. "Okay. Let's just work on calming down first, okay? So uh, this is your first body! It looks like you're breathing on your own, so let's try slow breaths. Breathe in-" he took in a slow, deep breath to demonstrate. "And breathe out." Then he slowly exhaled. "Let's just do that together, until your heart rate slows down, okay? Now do it with me, in and out."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:14 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

Maahes did as suggested, but he wasn't sure how much it helped. It made him feel like he was growing calmer for the briefest of moments; he was sure that was what it was intended to do. But when he was finally beginning to calm down, he realized how foreign the sensation was, and tears began to stubbornly prick at his eyes again.
mage

queer and here.

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian