Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

Maahes gave a smile in return. "I guess I would be easier, then."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"So, you ready to go down like we came up?" Mickey asked.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He wasn't really ready to return in that particular way, but he found himself nodding anyways. It wasn't like there was any other way he could get back into the base.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Mickey stepped over to Maahes, and the ground beneath them slowly began to shift to stone and slide into the ground in a perfect square around them. This time, Mickey took it down even slower. As they made their descent, Mickey looked over to him.

"Does being underground make you feel uncomfortable? I know even for humans it can feel claustrophobic, but does being underground affect you in any way?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:18 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He thought for a moment.

"Kind of?" he hesitantly replied, rubbing the back of this guise's neck as he spoke. "My kind has certain types of people, and my type are beings of fire and air. So while it doesn't make me too uncomfortable, it's always going to be a little awkward when I'm underground and not distracted by something."

He turned to Mickey and gave him a small smile.

"But something tells me I'll have a lot to be distracted about."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:05 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Mickey laughed, and the earthen elevator moved down, but also to the side. When it opened up around them, they were in a grand hall with three sets of long, stone tables filled with people and food set on them. Bo hopped up from the center of the middle table, waving.

"Hey, Maahes! Come over here!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

The small smile that was already on his face grew at the sight of Bo excitedly waving him over. He glanced back at Mickey, then hurried over to join his friend at the table.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo patted the open seat beside him eagerly as Maahes came over. "Come, come! I want you to meet all of my friends!" He pointed across the table.

"That's Mel," he said, pointing to a woman with dark skin and closely shaved bleached hair. Mel smiled and waved. "That's Raj," he said, pointing to her brother, who looked quite similar to her, though taller and slimmer. "They both have healing magic and they're awesome, and then-"

He pointed at the seat beside Maahes's where a young red-head girl sat, her short curly hair poking out in every direction.

"I'm Yuna!" she said, before shifting in an instant into a wolf. There was no gradual transition. Just one moment she was a girl, the next she was a young, reddish wolf. "I'm a werewolf!" she said.

"Aaaand she's a werewolf!" Bo echoed. "Yeah!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:58 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"Whoa," he simply said, eyes widening as he listened to everything that Bo was saying. On top of that, the young girl next to the seat he was going to sit down on had just turned into a wolf. That was probably the most shocking of all of the things that Bo had just said - he had never seen anyone doing something that was remotely similar to his abilities.

He sat down in between Bo and Yuna. "I know a world-" he started to say, only to stop when he remembered that he didn't need to hide parts of himself anymore. And if he was going to be telling the truth, he'd have to start by admitting his connection to Earth. "My home world has stories about werewolves, but they tend to involve people going between wolf and human."

He gave her a smile.

"But I think Nye's version of a werewolf is much cooler," he said.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:04 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo grinned at he looked down at Yuna, who was beaming with a toothy, wolven smile.

"I like him," she said quietly, tucking her head down bashfully into her chest. "Thank you."

Bo chuckled. "That's interesting! So is it like, a wolf-man sort of? Like not fully wolf, not fully man?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"You're welcome," he said to the bashful wolf beside him, his smile growing even larger when he heard how grateful she was for the compliment.

Then he turned back to Bo to address his question.

"That sounds about right," he said. He hesitated for a moment, thinking about the possibilities. He was a spirit. He could change his form to whatever he wanted it to look like. While he might have only saved that for the utmost important occasions in the past, the people here wouldn't shun him for it.

They would accept him.

He glanced between Bo and Yuna, then took a deep breath.

"I'm something called a djinni," he said. His smile faltered, but not because he was upset - he was just nervous. "And, uh, one of the things I can do is change my form. I could show you what the werewolves I'm used to look like, if you want me to."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo's eyebrows shot up and he smiled at Maahes widely. "You have more than one form? Like, unlimited forms you can take?" he asked with great interest. "I mean - like, by all means! If you wanna show us, go for it!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"I do," he shyly admitted. He really wasn't used to talking about this, and it meant the world to have someone so accepting of him. He took another deep breath, then tried his best to envision what a werewolf from Earth would like - it had been awhile since he had seen one on the big screen, but he could still picture the basics of the form.

And then he just let the change happen.

There wasn't any flash of light, or gradual shift. One moment, he was standing there in the guise of Leonardo Cartwright. The next, he was standing there as a werewolf straight out of Hollywood. And, to say the least, it felt weird. It had been a long time since he had taken on a guise that wasn't human, and he wasn't used to feeling so...furry.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Maahes received stares from all around the table - all of them awe-struck and most of them paired with smiles of various sizes. Bo, for example, was beaming with his mouth agape. Yuna hopped up in her seat and yipped.

"That's amazing," he said with genuine wonder.

"Woah!" she exclaimed. "That's so cool! You really do look like a wolf man! What else can you do?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:24 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He sheepishly started to rub the back of his neck, only to pause when he felt his now fur-covered hair rubbing up against the fur there. It felt, to put it simply, bizarre. He had been using human guises for so long that he had forgotten what it felt like to have something other than bare skin touching bare skin.

He let the hand hang down at his side.

"I can make fire and wind," he said, "and, uh, a couple of magical attacks? I haven't used them in a long time, so I'm not sure how good I'd be with them..."
mage

queer and here.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos