Bo and Maahes: The Dynamic Duo

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo stared at Maahes with a wide smile. Even in their world, there was no one quite like Maahes. Not only was Maahes wildly intriguing, but his magic was really beautiful. He smiled.

“That’s amazing, Maahes! And don’t worry. We’ve all been practicing our magic for years. If there are any tips you’d like, I’d love to teach you, or just help you get more comfortable with your magic! I’m sure there are differences, but I’m sure there’s something we can learn from each other.”

Yuna bounced in her seat. “Yeah! And if there’s anyone who you wanna learn from, it’s Bo! He’s the best teacher!” she said with a yip.

Bo laughed. “Yuna-“

“It’s true!” she barked.

“He is a very kind and patient teacher,” Mel reaffirmed from across the table with a grin. “Don’t let his modesty fool you.”

Bo flushed slightly, but continued to smile and laugh. He looked over to Maahes.

“You’re probably catching on that uh, we all like to brag on each other a bit.”
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

His lips turned up into a smile at the offer - or, rather, his snout did. He really needed to change his guise. He started to think of taking on the form of Leonardo Cartwright, but he suddenly realized that him being the Scarlet Lord wouldn't matter here. It would be alright to take on his favorite guise.

So he did.

He let the change wash over him. The cliche werewolf clothing of Hollywood was replaced by a simple pair of jeans, sneakers and a plain-colored t-shirt, and he now sported a scarlet ponytail. He almost added the kohl around his dark eyes out of habit, but caught himself before he did - he didn't really want to wear that; he was just used to needing it for the Scarlet Lord outfit.

"I'm not sure how much you could help me with," Maahes said, "but I'd appreciate it, Bo."

The biggest problem wasn't that he was rusty with the magical attacks. The problem was that his younger self had always preferred the showiness of his flames and the powerful gusts of wind he could conjure, and never spent the time memorizing what Odris taught him about his other abilities. It would take a lot of thinking before he could remember something like that.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:12 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

"Yeah, no problem! And if not, we could always just practice sparring or something! Whatever floats your boat."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

"Okay," he said, giving him a warm smile.

When he realized he had nothing else to say in that particular conversation, he looked around the table at the other people sitting near Bo. He didn't want to come off as invading their privacy, but he was curious and it would make for a good start to a conversation if it wasn't intrusive. "If it's okay for me to ask this," he hesitantly started, "how did you all end up here?"
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:56 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo and Mel exchanged glances across the table, wordlessly nominating him to answer.

"It's totally okay to ask!" Bo assured him. "So, it's a little different for all of us, but uh, a lot of these guys I found and brought here before they could get caught by mage hunters or knights or anything like that," he explained.

"Most of us, actually," Mel confirmed. "Mickey also found a handful of us as well."

"Bo's usually the one who goes out and does the rescue missions," Yuna added quietly, nudging Maahes's arm with her snout.

Bo smiled and laughed a little. "I guess you could call them that. But they don't always end up that way. Sometimes it's peaceful."

"Sometimes," Mel echoed with a smirk.

"As for me," Bo continued, "Mickey found me when I was a kid before this guild existed. Technically you could say I was the first one here, but I was gone when Mickey was starting it up."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

Maahes gave a small smile.

"Bo found me, too," he said to the other people there. He wasn't sure what Bo had mentioned in the short time that he had been gone, but there was no harm in letting them know how their first encounter had gone down. "We, uh, kind of tried attacking each other thanks to a misunderstanding..."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

The others at the table broke into light laughter.

"That sounds about right!" Mel laughed.

"To be fair though, most of us mages assume anyone asking about magic has ulterior motives," her brother Raj added.

"So needless to say, Bo's been attacked by quite a few of us due to uh, misunderstandings," Mel said with a smirk. "But usually once he reveals his own magic, things kind of die down."

Bo just smiled and shrugged slightly. "I mean, if people see they're not the only one with magic, it typically helps dispell hostility, at least, here in Nye. Two mages meeting each other outside of both being captured is kind of a miracle. Or uh, intentional. Since I uh, look for 'em."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:39 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

His smile grew when he heard that he wasn't the only one who had had an awkward first encounter with Bo. "It didn't help that I started asking about the Magi Venatores," Maahes said, sneaking a glance over in Bo's direction. "They were the ones who had built the ruins that I was in before I ended up here. I'm not sure why they're named this, but the rough translation is 'Mage Hunters'. So I started asking Bo about them, and he was getting suspicious of me so I started getting suspicious of him, and then we ended up trying to attack each other."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:03 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo caught the glance and smirked as his eye twinkled with a smile.

"Tough luck there, with 'em being named something like that. It's an awful coincidence," he said with a laugh. "But I'm glad it didn't end bad for the both of us. I mean, clearly, you're the cooler, more superior mage. I don't think you woulda hurt me too bad, bein' as nice and well-meaning as you are of course! But all that to say-" he looked at the others. "Maahes is one cool dude."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He turned bright red at the string of compliments.

"I'm not really," he said, ducking his head down. "I-I barely know how to use my magic. The only reason I know how to change my form is because it's what everyone like me is supposed to do when away from our home, and that's really the extent of the abilities I feel comfortable with right now...."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:50 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Yuna put a paw on Maahes's shoulder.

"That's okay. You don't have to do more than you want to! Bo always tells me to take things as fast or slow as I need to. As long as you're learning and practicing it's okay! Even if it's a little thing!"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:17 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

The feeling of a paw on his shoulder was an unfamiliar one, but Maahes raised his head up and gave Yuna a small smile.

"Thanks for the reassurance," he said.

They didn't realize how rusty he really was with the majority of his abilities - he was twenty thousand years old. The last time that he had consistently used his magic had been nearly ten thousand years ago, back during his time with Ra. He couldn't even remember the last time he used half of them.
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:04 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

"Of course, man," Bo said with a smile, before looking down at his plate. "Uh, you don't mind if I eat now, do ya? Even though you don't have to. Does chewing and talking bother you much?"

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Maahes

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it," he reassured him. "I'm used to the sounds of chewing and talking - I've hung around humans for a very long time, and I've managed to become pretty okay with things that most people don't like."
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:08 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Bo

Bo took a big bite out of a chicken leg. "Wonderfuwl," he said through his mouth-full of food. Mel rolled her eyes.

"So Maahes, uh, do you have any hobbies? What're ya interested in?" Bo asked.

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester